SELECT CONTENT

Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 44 of 81 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 62 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 44 Empty Re: Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Sprite Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:37 am

happygolucky wrote:Jumping to far into the future for me. I'm also constantly wondering why people expect the marriage soon after the show (like a year, or 2)? Is this some social conformity that people get married after that period of time after the "engagement"? This is just me being interested, since I come from the culture where people are so called "engaged" for 4, 5, 6 years before getting married and they simply call it "a relationship". It seems to me like in USA after the engagement it goes straight to planning the wedding ... while for "my folks" engagement is more of a promise of a serious relationship, that may indicate people want to live together, but not "set a date" kind of event.

Personally, I'm not expecting it, it's just my dream scenario...particularly the wedding guests.

I guess different cultures have different expectations, but here people get engaged only when they are in a serious relationship and plan on setting a date...unless you are on the Bachelor.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 44 Empty Re: Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by notarose Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:39 am

happygolucky wrote:Jumping to far into the future for me. I'm also constantly wondering why people expect the marriage soon after the show (like a year, or 2)? Is this some social conformity that people get married after that period of time after the "engagement"? This is just me being interested, since I come from the culture where people are so called "engaged" for 4, 5, 6 years before getting married and they simply call it "a relationship". It seems to me like in USA after the engagement it goes straight to planning the wedding ... while for "my folks" engagement is more of a promise of a serious relationship, that may indicate people want to live together, but not "set a date" kind of event.

I don't think there is a standard North American protocol.
Among my friends & family, an engagement is seen as a decision/announcement to marry so the date is set within a 12 month period...otherwise they don't get engaged. Most marry in their late 20's - early 30's.
Other people have different practices and views on what engagement means. It varies a lot.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:13 am

If anyone wants to obsess over their first date with me it was posted online laugh out loud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKSjaoPQe7c
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:43 am

Anyone else think that Vanessa has the crying ticked off with Nick's decision moment AFTER Taylor comes back to the house & calls out Nick for eliminating her & KEEPING Corrrine? Bet that is why Vanessa says...sick of his choices..or something like that..

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:57 am

Thanks for some insight yes About their date ... I loved the moment when Nick is carrying her outside the plane (video 2) and looking at her, while she is staring up with the excitement... his face, priceless (as many other moments).
And now something totally silly, but whenever I see Vanessa I think to myself, she has really small head (in proportion), I'm not trying to make fun of her, it's more like an observation that fascinates me and then I remember how Nick once discussed his head being big (BIP) ... so playing the "future game", guess the children will have the normal size Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 44 2498057887

ETA. (video2) I loved the part when Vanessa says to Nick "thank you for ... being you". That's the part that was ALWAYS missing in the previous Nick's relationships that we got to witness.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Some thoughts on the date:
- Vanessa is naturally physical with no issues around body space. Not many people would welcome being held while vomiting. Her comfort level is platonic IMO rather than what is typically interpreted on the show as sexual.
- Kissing also comes natural to her as a sign of affection. Example is she kissed him to encourage him at dinner when he began severally studdering. So far, though, she has set a boundary IMO and not moved into "seductress" territory. I feel her emotional openness is leaps&abounds ahead of the others but she doesn't entertain certain sexual advances like some of the other women.  This seems realistic to a first date in her ordinary life. No butt or leg touching or allowing hands to explore her body - strictly kissing, hand holding, and hugging. There is definitely sexual chemistry but Vanessa is establishing a "slow burn" pace.
- They shared equally on every topic except for her past relationships.
- I like how it's difficult to predict what she is going to say next. Example: she starts talking about her grandfather's funeral and ends with her family wanted her to do the show because she never does anything for herself.  The part he zeroed in was that they approved of her meeting him. I think this unpredictability kept him on his toes in a new way.
- I don't ever recall a dinner date where the lighting was so low. I found that unusual but intimate.

Last edited by notarose on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:45 pm

notarose wrote:Some thoughts on the date:
- I like how it's difficult to predict what she is going to say next. Example: she starts talking about her grandfather's funeral and ends with her family wanted her to do the show because she never does anything for herself.  The part he zeroed in was that they approved of her meeting him. I think this unpredictability kept him on his toes in a new way.
Somewhat like Nick, don't you think?

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:51 pm

^^@happy - funny comment on the head size. I thought that because Vanessa is very athletic (and she can eat IMO based on her IG and posts). She has bulked up a bit (in all the right places though).

@Lisa, I believe it was sleuthed that the crying scene may have happened in Bimini (https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t3889p60-bachelor-21-nick-viall-screen-caps-discussion-sleuthing-spoilers - epi 7) while the 2/1 date for Corrine/Taylor was in NOLA. (epi 5)

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:57 pm

Catdwoman50 wrote:
notarose wrote:Some thoughts on the date:
Somewhat like Nick, don't you think?

giggling
I think they are both verbose but where he elaborates on a specific, she links several ideas into a single telling.  I see Nick as being very detail orientated while she is very rapid at correlation.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:02 pm

@notarose
I enjoyed your last post and I agree with your comments on Vanessa's physical responses. I think that Nick is a handsy, physical touch type of person in general so Vanessa is a great fit that way.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:36 pm

That first date felt more like an epi 7/8 or even FSD for most average Bach couples! I couldn't believe their level of intimacy already. I'm sure it helps that Nick is waaaaay used to dating and being intimate on camera now, but even still, wowsers! I'm so excited to see them progress.

So far I love Vanessa. She seems like such a cool, confident chick and I loved when she called Nick out at the end. Did anyone listen to Ben on Juliet Litman? Regarding that part, Ben said knowing Nick that just turned him on more and now the chase is on for Nick! laugh out loud That bold confidence is the Andi part that Nick absolutely needs to keep him interested and on his toes, but V also has a softness about her that Andi never had. N&V also had a lot of that playful, fun chemistry that he had with Kaitlyn but was lacking with Andi.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:45 pm

@sosleepy

Interesting that Ben said Vanessa's "calling Nick out" would turn him on more.

I see that her actions would increase Nick's respect for and intellectual interest in her. And for someone like Nick, intellectual intrigue is a powerful thing. IMO, This conversation is what leads him to start seeing her on his playing field. She has the ability to communication in a variety of atmospheres, the desire to work on developing their relationship to a deep level early and the brutal honesty to help him be the best version of himself.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 81 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 62 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+85
George1218
Seabear
Eagle Eye
Maya
StationWagon