SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 41 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:50 am

bleuberry wrote:
BKay wrote:Some of you die-hard Des fans may remember better than me, but wasn't there some talk that Chris and Des didn't want the televised wedding because of the loss of privacy and control? Am I  dreaming that?

Personally I think they wanted it and there were signs here and there. Chris also said that they were told weddings financially didn't make sense to ABC anymore and it was strictly business. I can't  remember the details but as soon as it became clear they weren't getting one, there were signs of them moving forward with it and getting in touch with vendors etc.

First, thank god for small blessings, imo. This couple, imo, does things so right. I count them lucky they are more removed from this circus.
Secondly per the bolded, this is kind of the same type excuse they gave K about DWTS supposed contract. It didn't work for "them"--TPTB.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 41 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

Post by mindless Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:16 am

I have little doubt that MF shot down Kaitlyn's DWTS dreams because he simply doesn't like her and was pissed off about the spoilering, not because she's a woman. Not saying he doesn't have a misogynistic streak, but I'd take these complaints far more seriously if they were coming from anyone but Kaitlyn. I still don't even believe that the spoiler was a mistake, since all her People blogs were also love letters to Shawn. There was barely a mention of Nick, stuff was left out and the stuff she included was mostly about their date activities and nothing about the relationship itself. She couldn't have made it any more clear who she chose. JMO. And even without MF, there's no guarantee Kaitlyn would've made the final cut. I was just looking at the list of stars for that season and all of the women have more going for them than Kaitlyn, except for the Atlanta housewife perhaps.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:27 am

Robert Mills was on Juliet Litman's podcast this week and talked about this situation. He said that it was bad timing because it was right after the Chris Soules DWTS debacle where the relationship imploded and they didn't want a repeat of that basically. I find that totally believable but that's just me.

JMOAA

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 41 87b72b10 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 41 86669110 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 41 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:29 am

I just think both aren't mutually exclusive.

Is Fleiss a mysoginist? YES! Are his shows sexist? Also YES! Do the Bettes get unfair treatment compared to his male leads? Unequivocally   YES!! 

Is Kaitlyn whiney? Yes! Does Kaitlyn have an air of entitlement surrounding her? Also YES! Do I think she's trying to be a champion for the female leads here? Not really. I think she's only looking out for herself, at least primarily. She is PO'd that Nick got this opportunity and she didn't, same she was PO'd Ben got his HEA crapfest and she didn't. It boils down to what Kaitlyn feels *she* is entitled to, not women in general. Make no mistake, when/if Rachel gets the DWTS gig (cause I think the only thing K is accomplishing here is Fleiss will give it to a female lead to prove a point and stick one to her), I think she will be just as bitter and fully expect another twitter rampage. That's her MO. 

The leads that actually make something for themselves post show, and have some level of success all share some traits. They are go getters. They go after opportunities themselves and make channels open for them. This is not Kaitlyn. She expects things to be handed to her. The successful leads are also positive and grateful. Again, the opposite of K.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:43 am

Also, for the record I wish Fleiss would stick with not letting any lead do DWTS. The timing is bad, right when the lead should be focusing on the relationship and F1. It's always so cringe too. Sean, Chris, Jake... I had to look away and couldn't even take their terrible dancing seriously. I'm dreading watching Nick for the same reason, and I actually like him! Melissa R. was a little different cause she wasn't supposed to be fostering a relationship from the show and she could actually dance. I didn't watch Trista, but she was 18 months post finale, married and stable in her relationship by the time she competed. And it was moot anyway cause she only lasted one epi.

Basically I also think letting the leads go immediately to DWTS hurts his brand. Maybe I'm alone, but I watch this show to see the leads hopefully get in a relationship and attempt to make it work. Not to continue the fameho train on some idiotic dancing show in LA.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:50 am

umngirl wrote:Robert Mills was on Juliet Litman's podcast this week and talked about this situation. He said that it was bad timing because it was right after the Chris Soules DWTS debacle where the relationship imploded and they didn't want a repeat of that basically. I find that totally believable but that's just me.

JMOAA

That makes total sense to me. It doesn't exactly reflect well on the show when it seems as though the couple only stays together for DWTS and milks the relationship for votes, to then call it quits soon after. I can see why they'd want to avoid it happening twice in one year. Kaitlyn and Shawn didn't exactly get off to the greatest start with all the Nick business and Shawn was acting really jealous on the show, so I can see why it'd be a risk in their eyes, even without all the other stuff. It's been a few seasons now though since the Chris and Whit fiasco, and perhaps they have more faith in Nick's relationship or he's single already so it's not an issue? So many variables besides Kaitlyn being a woman. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:51 am

Kaitlyn has for sure sunk her own ship. :soapbox Fleiss will for sure see that she gets no more special treatment from ABC:deadhorse: She will have to seek out other hosting jobs spitcoffee .....

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:01 pm

I never saw Jakes season of TB or DWTS, but did his breakup happen before, during, or after DWTS? Was Chris the only bachelor still on the show when his relationship ended
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:13 pm

IMO, I don't believe for one second she's doing this for anyone's benefit but HERS.

Now I'm secretly hoping for a Bacherlorette to be cast on DWTS just to show Kaitlyn's true colors. laugh out loud she'd throw another baby fit.
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:21 pm

Did Mills imply that a Bachelorette will be allowed to go on DWTS moving forward? Did he say anything indirectly snarky about Kaitlyn?

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:27 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:Did Mills imply that a Bachelorette will be allowed to go on DWTS moving forward? Did he say anything indirectly snarky about Kaitlyn?

For what I gathered he likes Kaitlyn. He wasn't overly snarky towards her. He really just said it was bad timing and they were afraid of it killing two relationships in back-to-back seasons.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 41 87b72b10 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 41 86669110 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 41 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:01 pm

umngirl wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:Did Mills imply that a Bachelorette will be allowed to go on DWTS moving forward? Did he say anything indirectly snarky about Kaitlyn?

For what I gathered he likes Kaitlyn. He wasn't overly snarky towards her. He really just said it was bad timing and they were afraid of it killing two relationships in back-to-back seasons.
Ok thanks.

I believe him..but I don't. His reasoning makes sense, but then again, why haven't other Bachelorettes gone on the show?

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

+104
Billysmom
terabithia
notarose
Mozhi1
Vrenessa