SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 49 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:49 pm

@Sprite Have we heard Raquel(the nanny) was not at Paradise? Maybe she was in the pool, too. Just saying. no idea

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:06 pm

When posting links to articles, please make sure there are no spoilers from Rachel's season. We have non spoiled guests and members who should be able to read any forum without being spoiled on Rachel's season in the BIP thread.

TY

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:18 pm

There are just so many grey lines here... how is this situation much different than Chris Bukowski showing up in Paradise 2 black out drunk and not remembering what he did or at all coherent? Should producers have stepped in there? What about all those contestants that get black out drunk at cocktail parities (including Corrine last season?) Should there be intervention there as well? At what point do you decide someone is "too drunk" in that kind of situation? What about Joe and what's her name in the pool with BJ's? I'm sure they weren't clean and sober. I totally get there were sexual activities here - which raises the steaks. But there is just so much grey. So much.

ETA:
But Kaitlyn and Nick! They were waaaasted and she certainly regretted that the next day too. Should producers have stepped in instead of exploiting that? Again, how do you decide how drunk is too drunk?

Last edited by sosleepy on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:23 pm

sosleepy wrote:There are just so many grey lines here... how is this situation much different than Chris Bukowski showing up in Paradise 2 black out drunk and not remembering what he did or at all coherent? Should producers have stepped in there? What about all those contestants that get black out drunk at cocktail parities (including Corrine last season?) Should there be intervention there as well? At what point do you decide someone is "too drunk" in that kind of situation? What about Joe and what's her name in the pool with BJ's? I'm sure they weren't clean and sober. I totally get there were sexual activities here - which raises the steaks. But there is just so much grey. So much.

I mentioned as much earlier. Which makes me wonder why now? I am not so sure this was not something simply waiting to happen and somewhat orchestrated by the man behind the curtain. JMO.
Remember all the Chad outrage a year ago? That man certainly had to have been out of it to have defecated on himself. JMO.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by MiracleSeason Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:25 pm

Miyala wrote:
Spoil Me Again wrote:Hope DiMario gets himself a good lawyer.  

There is a story of EW.com saying he took advantage of a contestant who was too drunk to consent...he was just as drunk if he couldn't even get it up (according to him - TMZ story)

As many have mentioned up thread, we do not know exactly what went down. My worry is that, unfortunately, racism will come into play here ..."surely the black guy is at fault rather than the white woman" IMO

My worry is people thinking the woman deserved it because of her history... That often also is the case. When it comes to these kind of things the woman mostly get the blame...
*Edit* Read the comments on TMZ and you'll see who gets most of the blame...
MiracleSeason
MiracleSeason

Female Posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:43 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
sosleepy wrote:There are just so many grey lines here... how is this situation much different than Chris Bukowski showing up in Paradise 2 black out drunk and not remembering what he did or at all coherent? Should producers have stepped in there? What about all those contestants that get black out drunk at cocktail parities (including Corrine last season?) Should there be intervention there as well? At what point do you decide someone is "too drunk" in that kind of situation? What about Joe and what's her name in the pool with BJ's? I'm sure they weren't clean and sober. I totally get there were sexual activities here - which raises the steaks. But there is just so much grey. So much.

I mentioned as much earlier. Which makes me wonder why now? I am not so sure this was not something simply waiting to happen and somewhat orchestrated by the man behind the curtain. JMO.
Remember all the Chad outrage a year ago? That man certainly had to have been out of it to have defecated on himself. JMO.

There is a block of show fans/viewers that cause upticks in SM follower numbers of people like Chad and Corinne. High ratings in the last Bach season were attributed, by some in media, to be because Corinne carried the season. She even earned a spot on Ellen's couch where she was given a sympathetic interview. I imagine likeminded wannabes are on the application increase.
:yes: I think shock value characters/storyboards have pushed the envelope to the edge and something has to give. There may very well have been someone behind the curtain waiting for an opportunity to weld the axe.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:45 pm

I agree, there are many grey lines. I do think, however, that the person providing the liquor and those observing the consumption bear some responsibility. Some, not all. IMO.

We have laws that hold bartenders (providers) accountable if somebody gets drunk and then drives or gets into trouble on account of their drunk state. We have hosting laws that make a host accountable for the negative consequences of a guest leaving their home drunk (whether or not that liquor was provider by the host, but it was consumed on the property of the host). We have laws that hold parents accountable for the actions of their children if they were to drive drunk and kill a passenger while in their car (even if the parent is totally unaware of the fact that their child was drinking and driving).

We have laws that hold others accountable either because they were directly involved with providing the alcohol, in a position to observe the consumption of alcohol and failed to identify someone as impaired, or in the case of the drunk driving I guess because either the parent had a duty to warn their child not to drink and drive (and they very well may have) or simply because society believes in lawsuits as a way to find justice in a bad situation. I think all of these reason came into play with who bears responsibility and why there may have been a lawsuit on BIP. IMO.

I, also, thought about Chris B and his drunkness, as well as others. This is definitely not the first time that alcohol influenced behavior on this show. This has been a long standing problem on this show, just like it is a long standing problem in society. JMHO

MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:49 pm

I feel bad for Rachel and her F1. I think this story is going to over shadow her journey.

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Kashathediva wrote:@Sprite  Have we heard Raquel(the nanny) was not at Paradise? Maybe she was in the pool, too. Just saying. no idea

Nah, she was probably busy making out with Jorge and making plans for their spin off.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:52 pm

I keep seeing people mention Chad from last year. I think most of his problems were made for TV and ratings. I don't know about Chris B

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by sweeti810 Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:00 pm

IMO, the responsibility falls on the people who willingly consumed way too much alcohol. They should know when they've had too much and shouldn't have to rely on other people to monitor their consumption. They're adults. I've gotten blackout drunk and done stupid/embarrassing things, but I've never blamed anyone but myself for my careless drinking...and I was a lot younger than Corinne during those days. It drives me crazy that nothing is ever her fault, but I get why she's that way. I mean, she's 24 and still has a damn nanny. Mommy & Daddy did her no favors by spoiling her rotten. All JMO.

sweeti810

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:00 pm

mizzoufan wrote: I feel bad for Rachel and her F1. I think this story is going to over shadow her journey.

Maybe it was meant to happen to overshadow her journey. Just saying. I was wondering this specifically and actually didn't want to say it. :detective This is what the man behind the curtain does. History with the franchise shows something happens when something else is about to go down. Pun intended.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+108
Mommyof2
LoveDovez
kmick0890
TheWrongReasons
North