SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 48 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by MiaHawk Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:09 pm

Spoil Me Again wrote:
provenceguy wrote:
lipsis wrote:@provenceguy we need a link to that People article please.

You betcha:

http://people.com/tv/bachelor-in-paradise-contestant-speaks-out-after-scandal/

From above article:
“We all feel used,” the contestant says. “We’re pissed off. People had planned their lives around this. Contestants quit their jobs for this. We all had to step away from our real lives for three weeks.”

Oh cry me a friggin river.  Get out the tiny violin.

What a bunch of fools.  Seriously, quitting a job for a 3 week (if you stay from start to finish) vacation in Mexico. Dear God. Idiots!

clapping! I don't like how the People article names DeMario's name and says it was a sexual encounter with 'a female contestant' who MAY have been too drunk to consent. I understand, they are not using Corrine's name because she is 'the (alleged) victim', but People does not have proof that she is in fact 'the victim' and by treating her as a victim it automatically puts DeMario into the Assaulter role. They do not know for sure that she was too drunk to consent, just like they don't know that DeMario may have been too drunk to consent. I am no fan of DeMario, but I feel like as the man, he is not getting any benefit of the doubt. They don't mention anything about him drinking or that he was too drunk to "perform". To me, his not being able to perform is evidence that he was pretty drunk too. I see this as a double standard. The man is getting thrown under the bus by being named in an alleged non-consensual scenario. Until People knows what the actual story is, I don't think they should have printed his name. He may very well turn out to be guilty of something bad, but People doesn't know that at this point.

If anybody gave up his or her job for a few days in Mexico, they are morons and I do not have an ounce of pity for them.

Hi Sis! hi
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 48 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by sosleepy Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:12 pm

lipsis wrote:If the Daily Mail article is accurate, Corinne and DeMario have been in contact since then with no hard feelings. She has set her sights on the big fish. Let's hope that Warner Bro's and Fleiss & Co weren't in the know about the level of intoxication and/or the state of consent or non-consent.

I just find that fishy. Totally fine with DeMario ... but pissed at the baby sitters for letting it happen anyway? I mean, I get this show is dubious and maybe crossed a line. But Corinne is a consenting adult who knew what she was getting into. The show didn't force the booze down her throat. I know it's rare, but plenty have managed to get through filming not sloshed with reputations semi-in tact. At some point you need to take responsibility for the situation you put yourself in.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:15 pm

http://m.eonline.com/news/860489/abc-still-plans-to-film-evan-bass-and-carly-waddell-s-wedding-despite-bachelor-in-paradise-scandal

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 48 87b72b10 Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 48 86669110 Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 48 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:21 pm

We know very few facts that led up to filming being stopped. No one knows if at any time production asked cast if they were ok or if they wanted to stop filming, needed help etc. If questions were asked, no one knows what the responses were.
We don't know much of anything. So hopefully those kinds of questions will be answered on the film.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by kerriway Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Can we Discuss Possible Repercussions:

1. Cast members for seasons new and old may want to start looking for steady jobs. SM product $$ will dry up. YouTube has already cracked down and I don't think companies will want to attach themselves to a show that may be enabling 'r-pe culture'. Whether this is proven to be an actual assault or not. JMO

2. Demario will not be on the Men Tell All. Though he has not sued TPBP (yet), his behavior is a key piece of evident in what could still be an ongoing lawsuit against ABC/Warner Bros. when Men Tell All is set to air. Again, JMO.

3. Somebody else said it but I agree. BIP is done. It will be forever known as that show where that girl got supposedly assaulted on camera and nobody stepped in to stop it. JMO

4. Bach and Bachette will endure. Bach/Bachette is supposed to be about romance so not much risk of enabling sexual assault. JMO Besides there is only one member of the opposite sex for each of the contestants. There are hundreds of other reality TV shows with risky behavior, staged or real fights, adult content and they're still on so the Bach/Bachette will remain IMO. Also the booze will continue to flow, though they may implement a limit in future seasons.

Last edited by kerriway on Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

If I could truly embrace mediocrity, I wouldn't have to make any decisions because fear would make all my decisions for me. ~Nurberxo
kerriway
kerriway

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:27 pm

Dang what a mess. I literally read through 20 pages to read everyone's thoughts laugh out loud

Not surprised it was these 2 Rolling Eyes Bummed I can't snark on the new season with everyone here but didn't really care for who was appearing anyways. Plus I doubt any of the "engaged couples" would have lasted anyways. jmo.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 48 8367-910 Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 48 I_got_13 Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 48 E5kqdm15 Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 48 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Bet evan and carly are saying to themselves, strange first date, strange courtship, now wedding-with-cloud-over-it......somehow it fits their quirky story.....

But I do feel badly for them....
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:35 pm

bluejay25 wrote:TMZ update - Corinne's side -

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/12/bachelor-in-paradise-corinne-olympios-no-consent-sex-demario-jackson/

Just wow. The details are still fuzzy, but TMZ is reporting that when Corinne heard about her and Demario from other castmates, she felt she had not been in the position to give consent. She acknowledges that Demario was drunk as well. TMZ makes it sound like she is placing blame on the producers for not intervening, and not on Demario.

I just want to emphasize that is how TMZ is reporting it. Have to be careful not to automatically attribute a write-up to the exact words of either party.

And yet, shockingly enough, she takes no personal responsibility. Just like with everything we have witnessed with her previously.

I'm sorry, but I am fed up with people doing stupid sh*t and then blaming it on being drunk and/or on other people. Did they pour the booze down their throats? Did they hold a gun to their heads and force them to drink? Doesn't seem like it. At some point they need to grow up and accept responsibility. It sounds as if Corinne was shown the video the next day and realized how it would all end up looking. I call bull sh*t on her never would have done that in front of cameras...honey you already did pretty much everything but the oral sex on Nick's season. Shame the nanny wasn't around to take care of everything.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoil Me Again Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:38 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
Spoil Me Again wrote:
provenceguy wrote:

You betcha:

http://people.com/tv/bachelor-in-paradise-contestant-speaks-out-after-scandal/

From above article:
“We all feel used,” the contestant says. “We’re pissed off. People had planned their lives around this. Contestants quit their jobs for this. We all had to step away from our real lives for three weeks.”

Oh cry me a friggin river.  Get out the tiny violin.

What a bunch of fools.  Seriously, quitting a job for a 3 week (if you stay from start to finish) vacation in Mexico. Dear God. Idiots!

clapping!  I don't like how the People article names DeMario's name and says it was a sexual encounter with 'a female contestant' who MAY have been too drunk to consent.  I understand, they are not using Corrine's name because she is 'the (alleged) victim', but People does not have proof that she is in fact 'the victim' and by treating her as a victim it automatically puts DeMario into the Assaulter role. They do not know for sure that she was too drunk to consent, just like they don't know that DeMario may have been too drunk to consent. I am no fan of DeMario, but I feel like as the man, he is not getting any benefit of the doubt. They don't mention anything about him drinking or that he was too drunk to "perform". To me, his not being able to perform is evidence that he was pretty drunk too. I see this as a double standard. The man is getting thrown under the bus by being named in an alleged non-consensual scenario. Until People knows what the actual story is, I don't think they should have printed his name. He may very well turn out to be guilty of something bad, but People doesn't know that at this point.

If anybody gave up his or her job for a few days in Mexico, they are morons and I do not have an ounce of pity for them.

Hi Sis! hi

Exactly right @MiaHawk. I do not like that People have no qualms throwing around DeMario's name. At all. Seem to be tilting the scales a bit.

Also, OT: Miss you Sis xoxo
Spoil Me Again
Spoil Me Again

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:42 pm

Maybe I stand alone, but I am bummed BIP is done. There goes my August laugh out loud! Am I happy any of this occurred? Of course not. However, I am not jumping to conclusions because IMO these actions are par for the course with this franchise. Guarantee this has probably happened before, or worse.

However, when contracts are signed, you know what you are getting into. Do I agree a blacked out girl not being able to consent is r*pe? Yes, I do. If she was fully cooperative and seemingly coherent, this situation looks much different than all those 20/20 investigations on teens being unconscious and videotaped at parties.

IMO, even if she doesn't remember it, but looked like a fully coherent and present participant at the time of fhe contact, she has no case. DeMario was drunk too and I do NOT take this lightly. There is a fine line between being able to prove no consent given when basically immobile, but if your actions show otherwise, I believe there is no case.

I do not say this without sympathy at all. PM me if interested as I am the last person ever to make light of a r*pe victim, if the case. JMO
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:42 pm

She can blame looking sloppy and wasted on herself.,
But just because she chose to be belligerent , doesn't mean she wasn't assaulted. She may or may not have been, but if she was it's not her fault just because she got wasted and blacked out. Guys should stay far away from girls who are obviously too drunk. If he remembered all that happened he was aware enough to stay away. Jmo.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Kashathediva wrote:We know very few facts that led up to filming being stopped. No one knows if at any time production asked cast if they were ok or if they wanted to stop filming, needed help etc. If questions were asked, no one knows what the responses were.
We don't know much of anything. So hopefully those kinds of questions will be answered on the film.

I agree. There are so many points along the way that we have no clue about. Those are crucial to fully understanding what and how this happened. The film should provide much of that info.

Looking back at C's behavior on Nick's show, how she was always "sleeping", how her appearance has been in the few times I've seen her between Nick's and Rachel's season (looking kind of rough IMO), it does kind of add up (to me) that she may have an underlying drinking problem. I agree with @sparkler that if this is true, it is pretty disgusting that TPTB would enable her drinking and film her out of control behavior. But look at how they filmed and showed Chad's bad behavior last season. I shudder to think what MF and Co would have chosen to air of this scene!
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+108
Mommyof2
LoveDovez
kmick0890
TheWrongReasons
North