SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 41 of 79 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 41 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by pavalygurl Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Seabear wrote:IMO the most difficult thing with the threads this season was for a portion of the season most of the threads became OTT fanning Peter threads. IMO it got in the way for the sleuthers because objectivity regarding Peter not being F1 was out the window. Fortunately some of the most strident posters are no longer members of BBF. I still feel a separate thread for sharing sleuthing finds is a good idea....particularly if Peter is the Bachelor. I feel sleuthing should have a thread were finds can rationally be evaluated without emotion involved.
As for snarking and non snarking in the regular discussion threads...I like the way we currently have it because it keeps things interesting and more balanced than just encouraging fan type posts only. I think all the snarking just in one thread is a bit boring. Even when I disagree with the snark lots of times the posts make me laugh! And I always enjoy the different opinions and perspectives particularly when they are funny. IMO sometimes the snarky posts are the most amusing because often they are very creative and witty. laugh out loud
JMO

I would like to see a place where findings can be discussed once sleuthed. I know sleuthers have sources and may not be able to share every bit of why they are sure of their findings. I am sometimes stumped when I see findings because I sometimes see an alternate explanation. I don't want to disparage the good work of the sleuthers, but at the same time better understand that other explanations were considered. Thanks for your consideration.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 41 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Duke702 Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:30 pm

Peter as the Bachelor will be a huge joke. Here girls come try to get engaged to this guy who doesn't want to get engaged...laugh out loud

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:47 pm

pavalygurl wrote:I would like to see a place where findings can be discussed once sleuthed.  I know sleuthers have sources and may not be able to share every bit of why they are sure of their findings.  I am sometimes stumped when I see findings because I sometimes see an alternate explanation.  I don't want to disparage the good work of the sleuthers, but at the same time better understand that other explanations were considered.  Thanks for your consideration.

IMO we already have/do that in many threads.  But if you have suggestions on how to better accomplish it, please share. 

The only time I see it not happen is when something is rehashed for the 1000th time or someone joins late in the season, etc.  In no way do I mean to put anyone down or alienate them, but if one took the time to read back threw threads or even check the confirmed threads, main times the very same questions that are being asked have been already answered, and multiple times.  

Which is one reason, IMO, we need to make sure posts are copied over to the no discussion threads (SM, confirmed SCs, locations, etc.). If more would help carry/copy them over for easy finding instead of having to dig back threw or have to ask for the 100th time and people be short about something already rehashed, that would help a lot, IMO.  It's a lot easier to link to where something is than have to hunt for it or try to answer and not remember quite everything, IMO.

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:53 pm

The only suggestion I have is that there is a sleuthing discussion thread that is separate from the speculation discussion thread.

IA with LB and others that the no discussion threads must be populated by all, we cannot wait for a mod to move posts across once information has been sleuthed and confirmed.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:32 pm

@Ladybug82 @nd4reality ITA with more use/posts on No Discussion threads.

This seadon is the most invested I've ever been in sleuthing and it's fun! IMO, we relied on sleuthing more on sources, especially earlier on we had conflicting info. I hope to improve my sleuthing skills next season!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:35 pm

@sdmom I have to say you have already grown as a sleuth. Good job on this season.

I also think one of the traits is to cling to our gut and only till the evidence is clearly in the other direction to give up. This is not to say that feelings should be involved ( la la land type laugh out loud) but rather hard evidence combined with gut feel.

Back to b22 - how will the editors spin a emotion and vulnerability with P with his hands limply to his side for an entire season ? how fun hahaha !

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:I mean, we don't ever need to quit sleuthing and we didn't this time, we even had belt gate from the Kimmel IG pic.  

So, I'll look at a grass pic and into a sighting long enough to see if it could be real and then set it aside until something else connecting it makes sense.  But I am not for going in continous circles that don't have any real, logical evidence to work with.  Nor do I want to rehash it everytime something new to sleuth is found.  So for those that want to keep at that, a separate thread would be nice.   :yes:

And I agree, most of the time, the wit and snark just kind of flows with the conversation, not totally side tracking or at least not for long.   And I do think a snark thread is a good idea, but like you don't think many will take the time to change threads just to snark.  

That does make me wonder if will he be willing to leave Madison and work for SHVs if he's the lead or will the F1 have to come to him.  laugh out loud

JMO

According to my close friend Paul, the 3 star Janesville Holiday Inn is well equipped for any celebrity function, rest assured. Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 41 4256136633

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:39 pm

I am sorry for the double posting.
I do want to add we had some excellent sleuthing this season.
@sdmom and @nd4reality you both added a lot to sleuthing this season thank you both. Kudos!
Adding facts and finds to the no discussion threads is so important and needs to be utilized more by all. Can't stress this enough. Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 41 4256136633

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:51 pm

Does anybody know when BIP ends and filming for the next bachelor begins?
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:15 pm

I think that the producers have had their eye on Peter for a long time now -- in much the same way that they had their eye on Rachel early on.

I'm going to put this out there, and I hope that people are not offended by it. We all know that the Bachelor franchise was under a lot of pressure from ABC to put an African American in the lead role. The pressure had been there for a number of seasons. There were some good candidates along the way (i.e. Jubilee,) but Rachel was an *outstanding* candidate. I'm betting that she was flagged in the casting process as a possible next Bachelorette. I also think that a formal or informal agreement may have been made with Nick to get Rachel to the F4, and this may be a part of why Nick got the role of Bachelor. And this is in no way meant to disparage Rachel. I think she is all that and a bag of chips. She definitely deserved the role. Nick might very well have put her in his F4 anyway. She has the type of personality that would appeal to him. But I do think it possible or even probable that a word was put in his ear. He's not stupid. He knows how the game is played. And IMO he was more than willing to play it. If Luke had been cast, Rachel in his F4 would IMO have been a lot less believable.  

Rachel was flagged early on, possibly as early as casting, and IMO Peter was flagged early on as well as a potential lead. I think the producers knew that they struck gold with him. A little bit of validation from Rachel's handler would have been more than enough to encourage her to take him a long way. And I think his appeal is such that Rachel would have taken him a long way anyway.

Dean has a lot of the same appeal, but is younger and less mature. I don't think the producers ever would have sent Dean to Paradise unless they were pretty well set on Peter for the next lead. The producers did not send Peter to Paradise. No way were they going to put him at risk like that.

Are the producers interviewing other men for the lead role? Sure. That is only common sense. They need a backup plan in case things go south. But I think if Peter wants the role, it's his.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:24 pm

This was indeed strongly heard/speculated. ^ I am still hoping the last part won't happen.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:13 pm

@Rolly Nick's season started Sept 24th which was a Saturday. If they go by that schedule I would think they would start filming Sept 23rd which is a Saturday.

I'm not sure how many epis BIP will be airing. If it's like last season I think the final epi is the same week TB starts filming. Someone can CMIIW.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 79 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

+112
NCGalBecca
Imp
whit90
aviej
harts05