SELECT CONTENT

DWTS - Season 24 - Nick Viall - Peta Murgatroyd - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS - Season 24 - Nick Viall - Peta Murgatroyd - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 24 - Nick Viall - Peta Murgatroyd - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by MonicaJM2001 Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:04 pm

Can someone please clarify, did they announce the double elimination at the end of Mondays show or was it just randomly in the middle of the week after all voting had taken place? Usually they announce it on the show at the end but I don't recall hearing about it on Monday night. If they did not mention it on Monday night and first announcement to audience was in the middle of the week it makes it seem like they decided suddenly that next Monday needed to be the double elimination. If so, why? Seems a bit shady to me and only makes it appear more rigged than already suspected. For example, and I am hoping this is not even the case, but since there is speculation that they are trying to get Nick eliminated for whatever reason ie, the low balling ridiculous scoring yet despite their best efforts Monday he still ended up not being the lowest in cumulative judge/viewer votes and beat say Bonner or David, they then decide oh hey let's make it a double elimination week! The other scenario is maybe for shock value a second week in a row, a frontrunner ends up in bottom 2 so they decide to go with that. I wouldn't be surprised if when they casted the 4 ringer females Normani, Nancy, Simone and Heather that they weren't necessarily intending for them all to make the finals and maybe even anticipated being able to use a couple for "shock" eliminations.

Anyhow, conspiracies and shadiness aside, I am looking forward to Nick's AT, he I think he will definitely look HOT and hope he just can relax, throw caution to the wind and have fun with the dance. I can't say enough how proud I am of how much work and progress he has made throughout the past 1.5 months. Go Nick! High clap cheerleader

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

DWTS - Season 24 - Nick Viall - Peta Murgatroyd - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 24 - Nick Viall - Peta Murgatroyd - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:27 pm

I think it was made known mid-week (someone CMIIW) so yes, I do think it's shady and rigged as can be. I already expect Nick to go home based on how rigged this show is to me.

I do think Nick is a MUCH better dancer than both Bonner and David and also imo and from what ,I've seen also the opinion of viewers on SM and even the judges themselves, I would say that there's no doubt Nick has been the best Bachelor dancer this show has had.   

So no matter what happens, I too am so proud of well Nick has done and Nick should be so proud too! :yes: beatingheart

Go Nick:cheerleader:
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:38 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:I think it was made known mid-week (someone CMIIW) so yes, I do think it's shady and rigged as can be. I already expect Nick to go home based on how rigged this show is to me.

I do think Nick is a MUCH better dancer than both Bonner and David and also imo and from what ,I've seen also the opinion of viewers on SM and even the judges themselves, I would say that there's no doubt Nick has been the best Bachelor dancer this show has had.   

So no matter what happens, I too am so proud of well Nick has done and Nick should be so proud too! :yes: beatingheart

There is no question in my mind from what is shown that Nick definitely is a better dancer than Bonner and David. Unfortunately for nick IMO not being the new retired star catcher of the reigning WS champ Cubs could be the difference in Nick getting to move on another week. Maybe Nick can go late in the order for once and somehow pull off an Immunity miracle though I suspect that immunity is already assigned to Rashad or Simone (JMO).

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mgrissom Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:49 pm

I just hope they don't want him off so they can make him start promoting the Bachelorette:(

Mgrissom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:42 pm

AllAboutLove[b] wrote:I think it was made known mid-week (someone CMIIW) so yes, I do think it's shady and rigged as can be.[/b] I already expect Nick to go home based on how rigged this show is to me.

As rigged as this may appear, it isn't. These double eliminations etc. have to be laid out before the season even starts.

Here is an article outlining how this works. It's spoken in relation to Big Brother, but the same stuff applies to all reality/game shows for which there are prizes involved. All the rules and regulations came about as a result of the quiz show scandal that occurred in the 50's.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/comments/3k6cc4/game_show_laws_and_how_it_applies_to_big_brother/

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:00 pm

I mean rigged as in rigged before the season even starts and them knowing where Nick will end up before the season even starts, IMO. It's why I think it doesn't matter how well he dances or how many people vote I think the judges know where before the season starts where he ends up and IMO will downscore him if he gets too many votes (which is exactly what I think they did). If Nick leaves the same week as CS to me then it's not even a reflection of Nick, it's more that the judges don't want a reality tv person going to the finals regardless of how well they do or how many votes they have.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:10 pm

I've never watched a full season of DWTS. I saw one epi of Sean and two of Chris S, I think. As far as Jake, not a chance. Were there other bachelors who have danced? I'm curious as to how far they each have made it or which week they left? Anyone know off the top of their head?

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:14 pm

Sprite wrote:As rigged as this may appear, it isn't. These double eliminations etc. have to be laid out before the season even starts.

It appears like it was a last minute thing this time though. From dancingABC's SC on Wednesday, America was going to be the 4th judge like it had been for a few years during faceoffs. Then somehow last minute, Mandy Moore (who choreographs all the pro numbers and is basically a show insider IMO) became the fourth judge, they removed the voting for faceoffs and announced a double elimination. Normally, it is announced during the show so people end up voting accordingly. Since it was not known, many GP have split their votes without realizing that their favorites could be in danger. If there is a week when shock eliminations can happen, it's this one IMO. It might just work out in Nick's favor if he delivers a kickass AT IMO since the difference between the lowest and the highest score is only 2% in votes and if they include next Monday's scores (like the press release implies), anything can happen IMO.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy1295 Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:16 pm

mprssdbyu wrote:I've never watched a full season of DWTS. I saw one epi of Sean and two of Chris S, I think. As far as Jake, not a chance. Were there other bachelors who have danced? I'm curious as to how far they each have made it or which week they left? Anyone know off the top of their head?

Don't know about Jake, but Sean and Chris both made it to week 8. Chris was eliminated during a double elimination and was announced second, so technically he came in fifth. Sean came in sixth, eliminated not during a double elim.

Edit: Just checked, Jake made it to week 6 and came in 7th
chrissy1295
chrissy1295

Female Posts : 436

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:24 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:I mean rigged as in rigged before the season even starts and them knowing where Nick will end up before the season even starts, IMO. It's why I think it doesn't matter how well he dances or how many people vote I think the judges know where before the season starts where he ends up and IMO will downscore him if he gets too many votes (which is exactly what I think they did). If Nick leaves the same week as CS to me then it's not even a reflection of Nick, it's more that the judges don't want a reality tv person going to the finals regardless of how well they do or how many votes they have.

jmo

I agree to a point, but let's not forget that Melissa won a season. I just think it was unfortunate that Nick landed on this particular season where there are a lot of full blown and semi ringers. It also has a beloved Cubbie, a beloved Olympic gold medal gymnast, a girl band star with a ton of fans, a football star with a ton of fans. He should still squeak past Bonner and could possibly squeak past Nancy, but not more than that. Unfortunately, as far as Bachelors go, Nick was always going to be a hard sell because of the controversy and negativity that surrounded him from his first season. I think he did change plenty of minds when people really saw him in action without the heavy editing that tptb do on the Bachelor show, but on this season it was always going to be a hard slog. Either way, I'm glad he/they did it. He made some really good money, made some new friends and possible contacts, was able to promote his new business a fair amount, learned to dance, enjoyed himself and it didn't hurt his relationship. I think overall, he should be very satisfied with how things worked out.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:35 pm

Great point @Sprite. I do think though that Melissa being a dancer played a role as well and how she was seen more than being on tv (especially since she wasn't a lead). With the bach leads I just think they won't ever get as far no matter what (unless they too are seen as a dancer with past experience). Oh well, like you said Nick did a really great job and he should be proud of his hard work and I too am very glad he did the show even if only for the wonderful memories he has with Vanessa including her in his journey and dance as well as making friends along the way with Peta and Maks especially. All in all it was a fantastic experience and I really enjoyed watching Nick dance and going on his journey with him on DWTS yes beatingheart

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:35 pm

coolangel wrote:
Sprite wrote:As rigged as this may appear, it isn't. These double eliminations etc. have to be laid out before the season even starts.

It appears like it was a last minute thing this time though. From dancingABC's SC on Wednesday, America was going to be the 4th judge like it had been for a few years during faceoffs. Then somehow last minute, Mandy Moore (who choreographs all the pro numbers and is basically a show insider IMO) became the fourth judge, they removed the voting for faceoffs and announced a double elimination. Normally, it is announced during the show so people end up voting accordingly. Since it was not known, many GP have split their votes without realizing that their favorites could be in danger. If there is a week when shock eliminations can happen, it's this one IMO. It might just work out in Nick's favor if he delivers a kickass AT IMO since the difference between the lowest and the highest score is only 2% in votes and if they include next Monday's scores (like the press release implies), anything can happen IMO.

All JMO

Even if it was a last minute thing, they have to have those changes outlined ahead of time as a possibility. They can't just go around making changes because they feel like it. They always have out clauses laid out in these things. There could be legal consequences as there is money involved. In all game shows, before the season even starts, all these things are legally set up ahead of time. I think it is all overseen by the FCC or some such regulatory body.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS - Season 24 - Nick Viall - Peta Murgatroyd - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+36
Swiss Girl
happydays
sosleepy
bluwavz
hae1001
Beagle
mindless
sdmom
jessietrey
George1218
Mgrissom