SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Page 19 of 80 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 49 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins -  Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 19 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Tue May 23, 2017 8:17 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:Instead of a lifestyle blog, he started a lifestyle podcast.

We see if he gets out more than one paragraph of words per podcast. Seriously, Ben likes fame, so what? He chose to be on the bachelorette and the bachelor and HEA and family feud. I think that was obvious. I am curious how long it will last, I won't listen, but I don't read Lauren's blog either. So yeah, I don't care. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins -  Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 19 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue May 23, 2017 10:20 am

stuckinsc wrote:

We see if he gets out more than one paragraph of words per podcast. Seriously, Ben likes fame, so what? He chose to be on the bachelorette and the bachelor and HEA and family feud. I think that was obvious. I am curious how long it will last, I won't listen, but I don't read Lauren's blog either. So yeah, I don't care. JMO.

Ben gets constantly praised for being low key, going back to his old job, and Lauren gets dragged for being a vapid fame seeker. He gets proven, that he loves fame and being in the spotlight at least as much as Lauren does, he's talked about the break up multiple times now, in interviews, sm, podcast. If Lauren had talked as much as he has, her thread would be popping how tacky she is. I thought even negative opinions can be discussed here, and if Ben gets negativity here, in his thread, Lauren doesn't always need to be brought up. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 10:24 am

I listened and IMO it was awful, and all about the Bachelor/Ette, nothing to do with lifestyle, although I don't know if that would have been any better! First, they weren't well organized, as if they hadn't agreed up front the order in which they weren't going to do things or who was leading. Second, it was an Ashley love fest for Ben - she told him he was the best bachelor ever, never made any mistakes while on the show, was a good kisser - which Ben quickly pointed out was not because they had kissed, but rather how Ashley thought he looked while kissing - and finally told him his only flaw was his singing.  And then third they had fans call in, who of course all sounded like young fan girls who were so star struck they didn't have any questions so Ashley had to ask them questions.  The first one on didn't realize she was on the air, and you could hear her having a side conversation about the Bachelor who just broke up with his fiancé Lauren, all during dead air space while they were trying to get her attention.

Just awkward all around IMO. The months of planning sure didn't show in the execution!

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 23, 2017 10:36 am

From Ben and Lauren's thread which is now locked.

lovebites8727 wrote:Ben and Ashley I "Almost Famous podcast" will be launching tomorrow on the Iheartradio.

https://instagram.com/p/BUactp3B6W6/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue May 23, 2017 11:58 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

Ben gets constantly praised for being low key, going back to his old job, and Lauren gets dragged for being a vapid fame seeker. He gets proven, that he loves fame and being in the spotlight at least as much as Lauren does, he's talked about the break up multiple times now, in interviews, sm, podcast. If Lauren had talked as much as he has, her thread would be popping how tacky she is. I thought even negative opinions can be discussed here, and if Ben gets negativity here, in his thread, Lauren doesn't always need to be brought up. Jmo.

I thought your post was comparing him doing a podcast versus her doing a blog. Both of them have faults. If a post wants to talk about him alone, I would be glad, but most point out how awful he was to her. I find them to have been awful to each other. That is usually the case when two mismatched people end, it is called breaking up because breaks are caused and both people hurt each other until they give up. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue May 23, 2017 1:48 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Cocoasneeze wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

I thought your post was comparing him doing a podcast versus her doing a blog. Both of them have faults. If a post wants to talk about him alone, I would be glad, but most point out how awful he was to her. I find them to have been awful to each other. That is usually the case when two mismatched people end, it is called breaking up because breaks are caused and both people hurt each other until they give up. JMO.

My post was a bit tongue in cheek, because Lauren's blog has been criticised a lot, and now Ben is starting a lifestyle podcast.

There's are a lot of posts also pointing how terrible Lauren was for Ben, how disrespectful she is for partying etc. She's been dragged for ages. We all have our different opinions, and if someone points out Ben's less desirable qualities, there's Imo no need to start 'but Lauren' to defend him. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by cookielover12 Tue May 23, 2017 2:22 pm

I listened to the podcast last night and I really enjoyed it.

I listen to Ashley I's I don't get it podcast too and its really interesting in a good way! I'm always laughing.
cookielover12
cookielover12

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Tue May 23, 2017 2:42 pm

I just finished listening and I enjoyed it as well. There were some kinks that hopefully they will fix with more experience. Ben stuttered a few times and talked a little too fast at points mixing up his words, however their banter back and forth was surprisingly good imo. Ben and Lauren's breakup was never mentioned on the episode, with the exception of them taking a call where the person on the other line was unaware they were connected and said to someone unknown that ben and his fiancé had just split up. Then Ben said "well this is getting awkward". It made me cringe laugh laugh out loud. I thing it flowed pretty well, however it could have been longer so that they had more time to delve into the topics they discussed. This episode was centered around last nights premiere and they touched on cringy tickle monster, bryans suction kissing, how Lucas had reached out to Ben, Ashley I, and Jared about a month or so ago to talk, and what night one was like for each of them on their seasons. Jared called in for a couple of the topics.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by sublime Wed May 24, 2017 1:15 am

So then the excerpt "obtained" and posted by People in which he and Ashley joked/misrepresented the move-out/furniture situation was just a commercial to pimp the podcast and not actually a part of the episode? IMO that makes what Ben/Ashley did worse than I originally thought.

I like Ben, but that's just tacky.

sublime

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed May 24, 2017 11:06 am

Perhaps the furniture discussion was taped but edited out. Ben's long IG post made it irrelevant.

I am giving both Lauren and Ben the benefit of the doubt. I don't see either as playing the try to hurt my ex game right now.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed May 24, 2017 11:36 am

I'm sure Ben got the breakup talk removed from the podcast after the #furnituregate and criticism. Kind of like he (IMO) got the clip of his mom choosing JoJo removed from Twitter and the episode. JMO.

ETA: I don't think it was removed because it was irrelevant. More likely he said what the article claimed about having a TV and a wicker chair and after the defensive Twitter post, it would've made him look bad, like he was exaggerating his situation for pity. So in typical Ben fashion he's covering his tracks. Can't have people calling him a liar after all. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by sublime Wed May 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Perhaps, but the furniture excerpt is still available on the iHeart app. I recognize he acknowledged his mistake, but IMO the whole conversation was unnecessary.

Last edited by sublime on Wed May 24, 2017 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

sublime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 80 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 49 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

+80
Babescake
Chgohighlife
LoveDovez
mysthelma
Murakamee