SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:05 pm

BlueJeanBaby wrote:
KB_Mom wrote:
BlueJeanBaby wrote:@GuardianAngel thanks for the background! Just wondering if this weekend in particular is one where there seems to be a lot of social activity geared toward maintaining that suspense? Knowing that they know about this board, this seems a bit like a scheduled feeding of the animals/sleuthers. As this is the first season where we know she's engaged before the series finishes airing, I'd imagine SM is a bit more controlled than usual, because of how easy this is to spoil? Unless TPTB don't care as much as I'm crediting them with caring.

spitcoffee rofl

rofl I'm just saying! This happens EVERY 4th of July?! "Let me post a suspect as hell photo or video of myself at a pool/ of a firepit where my face isn't showing/ of me with my presumed F1's favorite beer/ of a black screen with obvious kissing noises in the background." This is tomfoolery.

Also keep in mind, these people have fans being notified every single time the cast person toots on social media. The fans live for this social media stuff and are hanging on for anything and everything.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

Post by mysthelma Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:07 pm

IMO I suppose appearing on the show and having a fandom and non-fans interested and scrutinising their behavior and every move make one a public figure.....@sdmom

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 3 1f49b  happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 3 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:52 pm

@mysthelma It never hurts to have a big ego either IMO. rofl

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:02 pm

sdmom wrote:But Peter is a Public Figure on IG! Not even Rachel is but her good friend Raven, another f2, is.
So how do you become such thing on IG and what exactly does it mean? And how is it different from being verified? I 1am curious to know.

I think it's basically just a professional IG profile, which allows you to add extra stuff like an email address and directions in Peter's case. Not sure how you get it, but plenty of Bachelor people have one.

ETA: More info: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/create-winning-instagram-profile/
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:27 pm

Is there another meaning for public figure? To me a public figure is one who puts themselves out there for a certain cause, or a political figure within the community. Someone who is in the news and is famous for many things they are involved in.

How does the SM associate them to being a Public Figure? Sorry I'm not understanding that.

Being verified on IG is another matter. Usually it's done when someone has a similar name to someone else and it's verified to be that person, or someone who has a lot of followers and they are verified to actually be legit and not a fake account. I believe Instagram Moderators set the status. We spoke about this awhile back and I did some research. Just going by memory atm.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:33 pm

I think people with small businesses or small niches typically use the public figure feature. Des does now. It cuts down the process of contacting them by email to just a click. That's about all it does that I can tell but I'm not too familiar, maybe there are other perks.

happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 3 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:36 pm

truth is if you have enough number of followers on SM, any company can reach you and offer you a contract to sell their brand. Who would refuse some easy $$ really?

Peter is definitely promoting his partnership about the clothing. Not only did he wear the suit on episode 1 but he promoted it and other after the finale. Same with Josiah who wore also one suit of the same designer at episode 1.

All the girls top 6 (at least IMO) are approached to sell watches, sunglasses, clothes, jewelry, travels, whatever.

In their shoes, I would jump on the opportunity.  girldance

This said, I am more interested about the immediate behavior right after the finale to see where their mindset are. Are they $$ oriented? Are they business oriented? are they family oriented? Are they ego oriented by sharing self pictures? Are they friends oriented by sharing RL friends or during the show friends? Are they party oriented? what?

Those are the kind of details that put A+B together without completing the puzzle at 100% but still give enough WTH moments to pause and make comparisons.

So far. I am very analytic on Peter and Bryan IG. And it is no brain to say that one is family oriented and the other is business oriented in large majority.... IMHO

All is JUST my opinion.

Last edited by HEA on Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:40 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Is there another meaning for public figure? To me a public figure is one who puts themselves out there for a certain cause, or a political figure within the community. Someone who is in the news and is famous for many things they are involved in.

How does the SM associate them to being a Public Figure? Sorry I'm not understanding that.

Being verified on IG is another matter. Usually it's done when someone has a similar name to someone else and it's verified to be that person, or someone who has a lot of followers and they are verified to actually be legit and not a fake account. I believe Instagram Moderators set the status. We spoke about this awhile back and I did some research. Just going by memory atm.
GA according to source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_figure

• public figure, either a public official or any other person pervasively involved in public affairs, or

• limited purpose public figure, meaning those who have "thrust themselves to the forefront of particular public controversies in order to influence the resolution of the issues involved." A "particularized determination" is required to decide whether a person is a limited purpose public figure, which can be variously interpreted. 

Bachelor nation d- listers may fall under limited purpose public figure IMO....I am still not sure who makes that determination scratchno idea

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 3 1f49b  happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 3 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:51 pm

Out of curiosity I wanted to see what having a public figure account on Instagram meant. These are screenshots of my own account about the features. I'm sure there are more but I wanted to grab the ones that are there when you first set it up.
happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 3 Img_1310
happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 3 Img_1312
happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 3 Img_1311
Source: my IG account

Seems if you wanted to grow a small business this is a great route to take IMO.

happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 3 87b72b10 happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 3 86669110 happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 3 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:54 pm

bleuberry wrote:I think people with small businesses or small niches typically use the public figure feature. Des does now. It cuts down the process of contacting them by email to just a click. That's about all it does that I can tell but I'm not too familiar, maybe there are other perks.

It registers with a FB page and gives you the same insight/info a FB page will.  It will tell you how many impressions, reaches, profile views, busy times (by hours) on IG based on your followers usage so you'll own when to post for maximum viewing, etc.  and you can promote with it like you would a FB page.  All that info is not visible to the general public only to the individual IG user.

ETA:  It seems useful and helpful for small business, IMO.

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Thabks guys! Sounds like a useful feature.

happy - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11 - Page 3 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:19 pm

thanks, @mysthelma

Is the term "public figure" shown anywhere on the IG account or Facebook page?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #11

+77
Aria
MVMom39forever
kraft33
stuckinsc
Nibbles22
sfrank
Bookworm85
Stacia620
Miyala
Rolly
alwaystulips