SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 79 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 79 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by dolcimumma Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:37 am

in ep 11 @AllAboutLove I meant to put in there.

dolcimumma

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 79 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:38 am

Dirty Street Pie wrote:
ssin0547 wrote:By far Tara is the most liked and the "fan favourite". Aussie's love someone who doesn't take themselves seriously and IMO that's Tara to a tee. She is great.

Totally agree with this, also Aussies love an underdog, and Laura is the polar opposite of an underdog. I don't know if this is a general Aussie thing, or just the people I know, but we don't like to have things forced on us, so the more someone says "here, look at this, isn't this the best thing ever" the more likely we are to say "stick it up your a*se, we don't want that". IMO, that is the reaction that Laura is provoking in a lot of the viewers.
Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 79 3806527698 love your work @Dirty Street Pie and your username Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 79 4256136633 What a great season that was!

I have to agree about the underdog and Tara and Laura being the total opposite. I think the problem this season is not just the edit of pushing Laura but also the media and SM. It's so OTT. Very bizarre if this is how TPTB want to redeem backlash/ratings and not have more audience tune out, especially given Ten's financial problems I'd think they'd want to have the F1 have a much different edit #colormeconfused dizzy
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:47 am

dolcimumma wrote:also @AllAboutLove both F2's from Richie and Sam's seasons had their 2nd SD in ep 11 if that is what we are seeing with the 'poles' and Laura and Matty kissing on the couch in the sneak peak.
Interesting! Could be something as well. Or they could have switched up the pattern this year like the music and pre-season pics on their official IG account? question
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by dolcimumma Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:51 am

Maybe because there are no intruders this year they are mixing up their edit but it's interesting that in Ep 11 that the F2's had their 2nd SD and that in last year Olena 'made her move' as well

dolcimumma

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:56 am

I think Channel 10 has learned the value of leveraging the surprise factor over the sympathy factor therefore I'm surprised that Laura is so front and centre and the expected winner IMO.

OT: But the ACCC (Australian Consumer and Competition Commission) Just gave Rupert Murdoch's News Corp the green light to purchase Network Ten. So we should look out for cross promotions and stuff next year and even next season with Sophie.
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:57 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
Dirty Street Pie wrote:
ssin0547 wrote:By far Tara is the most liked and the "fan favourite". Aussie's love someone who doesn't take themselves seriously and IMO that's Tara to a tee. She is great.

Totally agree with this, also Aussies love an underdog, and Laura is the polar opposite of an underdog. I don't know if this is a general Aussie thing, or just the people I know, but we don't like to have things forced on us, so the more someone says "here, look at this, isn't this the best thing ever" the more likely we are to say "stick it up your a*se, we don't want that". IMO, that is the reaction that Laura is provoking in a lot of the viewers.
Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 79 3806527698  love your work @Dirty Street Pie and your username  Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 79 4256136633 What a great season that was!

I have to agree about the underdog and Tara and Laura being the total opposite. I think the problem this season is not just the edit of pushing Laura but also the media and SM. It's so OTT. Very bizarre if this is how TPTB want to redeem backlash/ratings and not have more audience tune out, especially given Ten's financial problems I'd think they'd want to have the F1 have a much different edit #colormeconfused dizzy

Yes it's classic "Tall Poppy" syndrome.  IMO Laura comes across as just a bit too polished/measured and this gives her an air of perfection which Aussies generally do not respond well to at all.  Tara is the complete opposite - rough and uncouth and talks without a filter.

However I think people (not forum members, just people in general) may be forgetting that Matty is picking someone to be in a relationship with.  Tara is great to watch on telly and my word she'd be fun at a party but I think she'd be a bit too much for Matty on a daily basis.

I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for Laura.  She really hasn't done anything wrong IMO, people are just loving Tara way more and the edit they're giving her (Georgia 2.0, pecking order) isn't helping things.  Despite my personal favourites, I do think she'd be a good choice for Matty.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by ideas_ideas Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:01 am

ITA with everything you've just said @bobette

ideas_ideas

Back to top Go down

Post by dolcimumma Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:02 am

@AllAboutLove IMO I think that if Laura is F1 surely you'd feel ripped off getting Matty's music with GL last year. Surely you'd want your own love story music not recycled ex music.

dolcimumma

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:07 am

I don't fully know if Laura would be a good choice for Matty to be honest. I don't fully believe her when she says she wants kids in 5 years (and that's fine not to want kids, but if that's something Matty wants, obviously he would not willingly choose to be with someone who doesn't want them). I also see them not really compatable. I know Laura comes across as a bit gypsy and mythical (as per her brand) where as I see Matty as more beachy and sporty. I also see Laura clashing with Matty's sister as they appear to be both alpha's. All JMO.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:18 am

@DirtyStreetPie. Crying at you sticking it up your A*se analogy. 100% accurate too

Last edited by Sundy on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:32 am

ssin0547 wrote:I don't fully know if Laura would be a good choice for Matty to be honest. I don't fully believe her when she says she wants kids in 5 years (and that's fine not to want kids, but if that's something Matty wants, obviously he would not willingly choose to be with someone who doesn't want them). I also see them not really compatable. I know Laura comes across as a bit gypsy and mythical (as per her brand) where as I see Matty as more beachy and sporty. I also see Laura clashing with Matty's sister as they appear to be both alpha's. All JMO.

Georgia's not particularly sporty or beachy, nor is she tripping over herself to have kids IMO, yet Matty obviously thought she was right for him.  Sometimes it comes down to more of an intangible personal connection than a list of criteria, IMO.

While I agree Laura doesn't seem like she wants kids in the immediate future, I would think Matty would rather wait to have them with the right person, than have kids with someone else, just because they want kids sooner.  I'd hope so anyway.

As for his sister, Matty will be old and grey if he waits to find someone who gets along with that woman.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:41 am

I don't know. I still don't see him and Laura working out long term outside of the Bach bubble, although if she is F1 I do hope I'm wrong there. I see a better connection and smoother sailing with Tara or Elise at the moment all things considered. All JMO.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 79 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+41
lightredemption
Zaynab
Skeppy
Emayem
Loulou
Schnitty4lyf
BlueJeans
dolcimumma
Miyala
Enough
Sundy