SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 23 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:35 am

Confirmation that Matty's been having SHVs every few weeks

“When I came back from filming, my friends wanted to know who I ended up with and what she was 
like,” he admits.

“You can’t tell them anything, because it will give it away – even down to their hair or job. It’s tricky.

“You want to see that person, but don’t have the luxury of being able to catch up whenever you want, which is frustrating.”

But Matty says the couple do enjoy secret rendezvous away from prying eyes.

“That’s the really nice thing about it,” he says with a cheeky grin, revealing that the loved-up couple are whisked away to undisclosed locations every few weeks.
article from July 17 http://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/the-bachelor-matty-johnson-head-over-heels-in-love-39245
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:38 am

Look who is on the cover with Matty J - Elise and Laura! It's going to be a good season for sleuthing I think!  yes

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:43 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Look who is on the cover with Matty J - Elise and Laura! It's going to be a good season for sleuthing I think!  yes

Thanks for this! Man this is giving me Dejavu ... Elise looks like the sweet Nikki and Laura looks like the seductress Alex giggling though I am determined to go into this season with no favourites Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 23 2498057887
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:44 am

Well at least my instincts about Elise being a contender were on point.  
Matty, F1 Laura and Bachelorette 2018 Elise right there I reckon. yes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:46 am

@Bobette Elise might well be another Nikki.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:46 am

@LeapofFaith I know! So much deja vu. Funny how so many of us speculated long before the media pics came out that Laura and Elise may be the frontrunners. Too funny laugh out loud

Here's what I always say... have favorites... just don't let them get in the way of sleuthing for F1 yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:47 am

Bobette wrote:Well at least my instincts about Elise being a contender were on point.  

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 23 3806527698 you have been pretty on point so far @Bobette they even used your previous pics u posted up thread Hugesmile
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:49 am

Credit to poster @LeapofFaith - Matty Pop Sugar (PS) Interview

Matty J: "I'm Really Happy . . . I Found Someone Great"
Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 23 Img_0036

Matty Johnson, the kind, cheeky, charming 29-year-old who won over audiences in last year's season of The Bachelorette, is set to make his return to TV this Wednesday. Sitting in the driver's seat as the Bachelor, Matty will face 22 beautiful women and whittle them down to just one lucky lady — with whom, he tells us, he is in love.

We spoke to Matty ahead of Wednesday night's kick-off, and before we could even get into our questions, Matty answered the biggest one for us. Read on for more!

PS: Matty! What's been happening since last time we spoke?

Matty: Oh, look, you know, nothing much — just found love.

PS: Yeah, no big deal. Wait, you found love?

Matty: [Laughs] Yes, yeah.

PS: Ah, that's a good way to start this interview off.

Matty: [Laughs] Yeah, it is. It's weird because I can give this interview this time; I can openly say I'm really happy and tell people that I found someone great, I just can't tell you anything specific about her.

PS: That must be pretty difficult.

Matty: Yeah, it's weird, but it's . . . it's definitely easier than last time. And it's even, you know, it's hard for her because she can't be happy, otherwise she'd give it away. So she has to keep that ambiguity going, while I can kind of skip down the street and be like, "this is great." She has to keep her cards a lot closer to her chest.

PS: Very interesting.

Matty: Yeah, I guess it's nice that I've been in her shoes before, so I can sympathise and offer advice. You know, I've been there. I guess it's slightly different because I was hiding disappointment, and she's hiding excitement. It's almost like a double-edged sword though, I think, because on the one hand, you can sympathise, but on the other hand, kind of knowing what you can inflict on people makes things difficult as well.

PS: OK, I can't wait for the show to start! Now, I have to ask about Georgia.

Matty: Yeah.

PS: Did it take you a long time to get over that heartbreak? And how do you feel about Georgia now, looking back?

Matty: Yeah, there's a weird kind of process to get over somebody, because when filming finishes there's always maybe a two or three month period before it goes on air. So you kind of . . . you do move on and you start to forget because, you know, "out of sight, out of mind." That she was in Melbourne was really helpful to me. I could go back to work and start the process of moving on, but then it goes on air and you have to relive it all. It's kind of hard to relive it. It's like looking back at holiday pictures with your ex.

PS: It's a very unusual set of circumstances, for sure.

Matty: Yeah it's . . . it's kind of hard to say exactly when I got over her. I think it just, gradually, I began to move on. To the point where I was kind of like, "Oh, now I'm really excited about potentially going on dates with somebody else." You work at your appetite for getting back into the dating world. Whereas when you've first had a breakup you're like, "Ugh, I couldn't think of anything worse than to date someone right now." And now, I think I look back with really fond memories of what we had, even though it was brief, and I guess I'm thankful that. For me, it was kind of just another step in really knowing what I'm looking for in a partner. You try and look at the glass half-full.

PS: Yeah.

Matty: You can look at your relationships that didn't work and go, "what a waste," or you can be like, "Well, I learned from that, and made mistakes, and people walked out but hopefully it'll help me in my next relationship."

PS: Matty, if you could date any girl in the world, who would it be?

Matty: I know it's such a cliché answer, and you probably knew that, but it would be the girl that I end up with. Or, I think, probably one of the most perfect women would be someone like Princess Diana, who is just the kindest person, but also elegant and beautiful.

PS: How do you keep from getting a massive ego when you've had so much attention? How do you keep yourself in check?

Matty: I think it's . . . it's kind of like I have two lives, almost. It kind of feels like I have my normal life where I'm at work, and I wake up at seven o'clock and do my nine-to-five, and at work people really don't treat me differently. They treat me like Matt, an account director. And my friends don't really care, they don't really treat me different at all, which is really nice. That definitely keeps me grounded, keeps me in check. Even comments on Instagram, they kind of feel like they're . . . even though it's on my page, it doesn't really feel like they're directed at me. They're directed at this Bachelor character, who is me but not really me, if that makes sense.

PS: Yeah, I get that. You kind of have to separate your life, your real life, from the TV persona.

Matty: Yeah, I have real-life Matt, and then I have Bachelor Matt. Even though they're the same person, I've had to differentiate between the two characters, which is really weird.

PS: How have you found all the fame? It got pretty massive there for a while.

Matty: Yeah, it was kind of a slow build,. I think that initially I was definitely in the shadows on The Bachelorette, and then as time progressed, interest kind of built up, you know, to the point where I had my first date quite late. And then it slowly ramped up, so it was kind of nice in the way that I got to warm up to it, it wasn't going straight to the deep end. It's really surreal, and I think it's . . . I remember, initially, when your face is in a magazine, your friends are like, "Oh wow," and they send it to you. But then after a couple times, the novelty kind of wears off. It kind of becomes normal, in a way. And now my situation is a bit weird — my face is in the paper or on a bus stop now, and that's kind of become normal. I definitely don't think it's gonna last.

PS: You gotta enjoy it while it does!

Matty: Yeah, it's just nice to have that little time in the spotlight. [Laughs] Everybody will move on and forget me and my story.

PS: Well, maybe not. Look at Tim [Robards] and Anna [Heinrich], they're still a hot topic!

Matty: Yeah, yeah. And Sam and Snezana as well.

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 23 Img_0037

PS: Exactly. So what is your relationship deal-breaker?

Matty: I think the biggest one is if somebody genuinely, just outright, did not want to have kids or start a family. I think that would be difficult to overcome.

PS: What's the best date you've ever been on?

Matty: [Pauses] The best date was kind of like . . .

PS: [Laughs] It might be a giveaway!

Matty: . . . It would just be doing something active. Something outdoors, something that involves the water. Without giving too much away.

PS: Did you use any pick-up lines when you were between The Bachelorette and now?

Matty: I hate pick-up lines. My only pick-up line is, "Hi, how are you? My name's Matt." I kind of think pick-up lines are — they don't make any sense.

PS: I don't think any woman likes a pick-up line.

Matty: I think to just smile and say "Hi" is the most welcoming. That's what I would do as opposed to try and drop a, "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" Like, that kind of stuff, it's usually just cheesy.

PS: How did you find making out in front of cameras and stuff? How do be yourself in front of the cameras?

Matty: The very first date I did, you know, felt a little bit awkward, having intimacy play out in front of the camera crew. But then you just learn to live with it. It becomes really normal after a while, like having a conversation with your friend, around other people. And you know they're there, but they're not really have any impact on your conversation. You notice they're there, but you don't really see them as cameras — you're more seeing them as people, 'cause it's the same camera crew from the previous shoot. So instead of a camera, it's like, "Oh, that's Mossy, and that's Jamie, and . . ." Which was kind of nice, over time you just forget that it's being filmed and turned into a TV show.

PS: You've said in the promo that you believe in love at first conversation. Do you think the first impressions at the cocktail party are accurate? Is it hard to pick who to eliminate that night?

Matty: It is. I'm a big believer in, you know, your first impression of someone is normally quite accurate. But at the same time I think, I couldn't really have that thought process and stick to it in this environment because I know that my first impression with Georgia was definitely not who I am normally. And I know that there were some girls who would be really nervous, not because they are a shy or quiet person normally, it's just the fact that you are in front of cameras and lights and producers. So I didn't want to make any knee-jerk decisions based purely on that first, initial conversation. It's interesting to have the second conversation inside the cocktail party, and then see if that matched up with how they were on the red carpet.

PS: Did you find it got easier or harder as it went along to eliminate people?

Matty: It was annoying, because it did just get more and more difficult. The more time you spend with everybody, the more you get to know them and you build that rapport and that relationship. Even though a lot of them don't develop into being in love, you still really care for them. And sending people home, you know exactly what that feels like. You know exactly what it's like to stand there and hope you get called out. It did just get harder and harder and harder and harder.

PS: What question would you say you get asked the most?

Matty: Probably the most common one is, "Is it real? Is it scripted?"

PS: Yeah! And what's your answer?

Matty: [Laughs] Well I get that people would assume that and I'm like, "The best thing is that, with cocktail parties and dates, the date starts, and they kind of just let you get on with it." It's not as if they're calling "Cut!" every two seconds and saying, "Can you repeat that? Can you do that?" The cocktail parties will start and then the only time they would say, "Alright, that's it." Is when we have run out of time, and we have to go into a rose ceremony. It plays out organically and they just film it all. You can't help but want to defend it. When someone cries, they're not crocodile tears. People are genuinely upset and invested, and it is really real. You kind of wish you could be like, "Do it, go do the show," so you can experience and understand how real it is.

PS: I'm so happy to hear that you're in love, this is very exciting.

Matty: [Laughs] Thanks again.

PS: Are you excited for the show to start?

Matty: I'm really excited, yeah! Especially because I know the outcome and I can't wait now for everyone else to — it sounds like such a lie and really cliché — but to discover my journey and watch it play out, and to have that happy ending, which I get.
Source

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:51 am

I will sleuth for sure looking for F1 edit and Bachelorette edit. Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 23 4256136633

But I don't think there will be any bachelorette from this show next year. I've given up on the idea that they will ever use a female returnee again (I mean they have Sophie who is a celeb now). I just don't think the filming schedule works for TPTB being it is so long in between whereas there's always incentive to get guys to go on the Bette to become the Bach and shorter time frame between end of one season and filming another. It's sucky but I've resigned myself hmmm
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:54 am

Bobette wrote:Well at least my instincts about Elise being a contender were on point.  

I have been reading all Matty's interviews and none of the things he says describes Laura to me.... And I also maintain that no way IMO Elise is being dumped at F2....but we shall see giggling

ETA - @allaboutlove.....can you pretty please move the FB interviews to the SM No discussion thread? I am getting errors when i try to copy them over, thanks.

Last edited by mercieme on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:57 am

I found this quote from the PS interview quite telling

"Matty: Yeah, it's weird, but it's . . . it's definitely easier than last time. And it's even, you know, it's hard for her because she can't be happy, otherwise she'd give it away. "

That could explain why Laura isn't smiling in the media pics of late.

He also said his perfect date is on the water so I guess he reserved any water dates for the women he liked the most.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:00 am

@mercieme if you want and are able could you compile a list for Elise being possible F1? I know you have followed her closely so it could be helpful to look at a summary list of her. Praying

I had the one for Laura posted upthread that I was going to copy F1-F4 thread for stats and info sleuthed already so it may be helpful to start one for Elise for comparison? (SDs sleuthed, SM activity, promo/media pre-season, Osher annoucement, etc).
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+29
Blacket03
Emayem
Billysmom
Zaynab
peanutbutter
AprilApril
Skeppy
SugarAndSpice
Just Looking
brownravens
ElonM