SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 75 of 79 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 75 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:42 pm

The biggest thing [producers said to me prior to filming After The Final Rose] was, 'Jason, we [now] want Melissa to be the next Bachelorette," he explained. "Because we're going to let you ask Molly out, and you can't do that away from the camera because you're under a five million dollar contract [to not make contact with the runner-up], we need your help to have America feel for Melissa in the same way they felt for you when DeAnna [Pappas] dumped you. The fans just need to feel sorry for Melissa. Work with us and we'll let you have Molly.' That's what they told me."
Though he went along with it, Jason admitted that he knew it was "the wrong thing to do" and said his biggest regret was not standing up to the producers.

I went against ever moral, every bone, everything in my body," he explained. "I never stood up to them. I don't know if I was afraid of the producers. You know, it's not just one person. There's a team of like a hundred people all saying the same thing--audio people, producers and directors, and people who are just serving you lunch--and they're all on this team and it's like how can a hundred people be wrong? When I go back to it, I wish I would have stood my ground and never did anything that was against my morals or hurt anyone."

http://www.eonline.com/news/917324/a-tale-of-two-bachelor-shockers-how-arie-luyendyk-jr-and-jason-mesnick-compare

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 75 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by FLChica Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:09 pm

^^ Other times Jason told the story, he also included the "fact" that Molly was the one TPTB wanted for the next Bachelorette. According to Jason that was the reason he had to dump Melissa on air and immediately beg ask Molly to take him back. Melissa wasn't interested in the Bachelorette, she wanted Tye. 

IMO some viewers feel sorry for Becca just like they did for Jason when DeAnna dumped him. There was a lot of speculation that Jason agreed to drag his young son onto DeAnna's show and to propose to her so he could get the Bachelor gig. He was so malleable IMO TPTB had no problem making him dance like a paid monkey. 

So far Becca agreed to get the fake proposal on night one from Arie and performed very well IMO during the "surprise" visit in Peru from the BF. Viewers (including me) were sad hearing Uncle Gary talk about her deceased father and admire the strength of her mother during her health battle. IMO the humiliation of a Mesnick-like dumping may just seal the deal for Becca to be the next 'ette. As Becca says, "Let's do the damn thing."

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:17 pm

No matter how this worked out, I think both Lauren and Becca had side stories. Lauren the failed engagement and if no switch , two failed attempts . You hear her say she felt betrayed in the new preview. That’s a great Segway into the next Bette role imo.
Everything happened as it should. Lauren belongs with Arie. She was the one his heart was with. It’s just a shame the dud-e messed it up for both girls. One moves on and one goes on an apology tour to hear Arie have to recount his ordeal over and over. Jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:01 pm

What does it take to get an extra time slot like TB is doing for Tuesday ?

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:08 pm

Mills is Sr. VP of Alternative Programing for ABC Entertainment.  I think he can pretty much determine much of the prime time schedule, unless he's overruled by Channing Dungey, President of ABC Entertainment or a higher up.

Last edited by alwaystulips on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:09 pm

Re BIP they start filming beginning of June for 3 weeks. (Providing they don't have another Corrine situation)

@Stone_Hedge thanks for posting. I don't see what the difference is between Jason and Arie's season.

They have control.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71507

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by littlereddress Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:36 pm

Is there a possibility that ABC wants to drum up sympathy and support for Becca as the new bachelorette and get America behind her after how this all went down. Arie and Lauren are no longer of use to them. Becca will be one of the most beloved bachelorettes we have had both with her backstory and then being dumped after an engagement. It is quite a story and sets the scene for her own journey. All my opinion.

littlereddress

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:43 pm

Isn’t it warranted for Becca? She did anything wrong. If she garners sympathy , I think it’s appropriate . If she’s the Bette, we are either going to like her or not . No difference from any other F2 who becomes the lead imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by littlereddress Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:48 pm

Stone_Hedge wrote:Isn’t it warranted for Becca? She did anything wrong. If she garners sympathy , I think it’s appropriate . If she’s the Bette, we are either going to like her or not . No difference from any other F2 who becomes the lead imo.

Yes, it is warranted that Becca garners sympathy. I agree, she did nothing wrong. What I am saying is that ABC has the perfect backstory for her journey so I can see them flying with this, much more so than if she had been rejected as an F2. People want to root for the lead and it is hard not to root for her with this turn of events. imo.

littlereddress

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:34 pm

Well ABC wouldn't need to pay out so much for her wardrobe if they choose Becca. She already has 5 evening dresses Arie paid for. LOL Seriously if I were her I would auction them off on E-Bay along with the Louboutin heels and start a savings account.

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:52 pm

Does anyone think they have started publishing/ spoiling everything early in mags and ET etc so they can get ppl used to the idea that he did a switch and hopefully will be less of a shock and less backlash ?
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:15 pm

LeapofFaith wrote:Does anyone think they have started publishing/ spoiling everything early in mags and ET etc so they can get ppl used to the idea that he did a switch  and hopefully will be less of a shock and less backlash ?

Most definitely ! I think no matter how much we’re prepared , it might be worse seeing it. The Re-Finale will be for some viewers to say awww, after all was said and done. The sugar coating on the dung heap imo. Some will swoon and some will not . But it will be a send off before the Apology Tour Arie has to take Lauren on. Hope they can endure the ride. It was tough on the other Lauren B so maybe this one can handle.
Ajmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 79 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+131
SarahD
FLChica
lstiff
Pirouette
LoveDovez