SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion*

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion* - Page 18 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion*

Post by Norcalgal Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:52 am

@notarose Regarding Sophie as B'ette - she makes us like the celebrity who is just like us - awkward, dumb at times (yes, she would probably laugh at dumb blond jokes), can dress up to look like a million bucks, wants an ordinary yet extraordinary life. Yep - she's gold. But ... why did these losers get cast on her season? Can't figure out why TPTB wouldn't want to make it a home run and bring on stellar guys?

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5316

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion* - Page 18 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion*

Post by notarose Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:38 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@notarose Regarding Sophie as B'ette - she makes us like the celebrity who is just like us - awkward, dumb at times (yes, she would probably laugh at dumb blond jokes), can dress up to look like a million bucks, wants an ordinary yet extraordinary life. Yep - she's gold. But ... why did these losers get cast on her season? Can't figure out why TPTB wouldn't want to make it a home run and bring on stellar guys?

:yes:  I'm also curious as to why the guys cast are mostly typical duds scrambling for camera time. I do think many people go on the show so they can watch themselves back weekly with family and friends and chalk it up to "that time I was on tv". cantstopl  And the age gap overall is no no  It is possible that the show doesn't attract many guys over 30.  Or possibly production wasn't putting much stock in her finding anyone.
IMO the priority of any season is to keep the formula, that works worldwide, intact and that is to put on a show that brings the drama a large percentage of the audience wants. IMO that is falling flat in Sophie's season because she appears blaise about the antics so the guys have to feed off each other instead so it's like 2 different shows - cast tryouts for a bro sitcom vs Sophie getting to know a few nice guys.

@Norcalgal @HEA :yes:   James just keeps getting better and better. "comfortable with the uncomfortable" yes Great way to navigate life.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:51 pm

I cannot believe that no over 40 were avalable. The original script was young versus older from the start. I wished it was the reverse though

At this point I see no competition with james. They always talk about futur, it is always meaningful

At this point I do not even see Luke F2.

However if stu is a celebrity, i think they would want to keep him at least F3

I am on the fence with jarrod. the red carpet clearly designate him F2 position... maybe I am biaised because all F2 are seen in luv... guess he gives me the creep now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@notarose Regarding Sophie as B'ette - she makes us like the celebrity who is just like us - awkward, dumb at times (yes, she would probably laugh at dumb blond jokes), can dress up to look like a million bucks, wants an ordinary yet extraordinary life. Yep - she's gold. But ... why did these losers get cast on her season? Can't figure out why TPTB wouldn't want to make it a home run and bring on stellar guys?

exactly........ no no

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:06 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@HEA Oh what I do for love!  JK. I watched your video and registered for Vimeo just to give you a like!

Regarding the date, I can rationalize this 2 ways - take a financial, buttoned-up type and put him in a street performance date just for awkward moments.  But ...James has proven himself to be comfortable with the uncomfortable. I really like the two of them together. The biggest plus to me was Sophie comparing James to her dad. She wants a relationship like her parents,

So far, no one else has brought the ease out of Sophie like James. Either these new guys have to really step up their game or James has begun his story of winning the girl.

awe thank you... but only a like where i posted the vid is enough... that is very very sweet bestbud! blowkiss

james definitely check mark all her list... i do not see anyone at this level. I also believe that he was top list at friar tuck. I think they laughed so much that she lost all her awkardness on top of his red carpet. He is the same like her, she does not have to pretend and that is why she is so at ease with him. For me every 1-1 with the others will be good edits. no more than that

I also heard james VO... saying "I am so happy right now" and "being in love is the best feeling in the world"..... for me it is either at the finale or after the finale. They definitely look to me cut and past

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:21 pm

HEA wrote:I cannot believe that no over 40 were avalable. The original script was young versus older from the start. I wished it was the reverse though

At this point I see no competition with james. They always talk about futur, it is always meaningful

At this point I do not even see Luke F2.

However if stu is a celebrity, i think they would want to keep him at least F3

I am on the fence with jarrod. the red carpet clearly designate him F2 position... maybe I am biaised because all F2 are seen in luv... guess he gives me the creep now

Honestly, I see Jarrod as someone who is really enjoying his time on a tv show. Basically harmless and hamming it up. Most of the guys also belong in that category for me.

I have no clue who will be in the final 4 aside from James. Do want to see a date with Stu to see if Sophie has genuine romantic interest in him. Apollo might be in the final 4 but maybe not because I think she really likes him as person but perhaps not romantically. She may keep him as a future Bach candidate, give him more time on screen for that reason as long as she feels he won't be hurt in the end because I do think she cares about him. For sure there will be at least 1 guy in the final 4 there for filler, might even be 2.
My prediction at this point:
James for sure
Apollo because he is a good next Bach candidate
2 others may be filler to satisfy the show format or 1 of the 2 may be a dark horse (thinking Stu but need to see a 1-1) or another next Bach candidate. I have no clue who they be. rofl

I am enjoying the season being more difficult to figure out in terms of final 4. The intruders were a godsend as without them the show was losing momentum IMO.

Last edited by notarose on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:17 pm

I have no idea why but Mack is coming back to me from episode 1. so many zoom on him. His red carpet with his forever long song was hilarious but after that we never saw anything about aspiring singer. He is BFF with James so it must mean something

Stu.... prods made too much focus on him for not being top 4 IMO

Luke... same. prods gave him way too much attention...... forcing the guy to walk a dead end path (hills), run on beach..... zooms, edits during CP.... Maybe they thought she would pick him? Maybe if he has a 2nd date, this one will be more organic?

Jarrod, at this point, I am 50/50..... without him, no drama. With Matty J, elora was not top 4 and she got 1st SD and this is the same crew right? so almost same format and no assurance that jarrod is top 4 versus US franchises. in fact jarrod could have a departure a la elora..... and for prods a 2-1 would increase his insecurities and drama

so apollo.... who has a very good edit so far. teary family story, genuinely good nice guy.... young and handsome. I am trying to think who they gave a great edit and I see only him. Luke was seen with the "villains" and also in the middle of the drama with jarrod supporting the other guys. and his date was so so so awkward , it was painful to watch to be honest............................ but for me, it would be a complete boring season if it is apollo....... just saying

I am curious to know the stats and if with sophie, the show is more popular. I would assume yes. If it is, maybe they will pick celebrities now? I hope not. I think sophie is one of the kind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:48 pm

I am almost ashamed to admit how many times I watched james/sophie on the roof top... Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:26 pm

I am curious to know if the ratings are up for Sophie vs. Georgia and Matty.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:41 am

i wished she did not wear so much makeup. she is a natural beauty. I love it when it is light.

Back to top Go down

Post by mjoy Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:26 pm

Just catching up on all the posts in here.

@HEA I also have watched James and Sophie on the rooftop many many MANY times. I love it! giggling I think I'm getting too emotionally invested.
Also, I don't need the videos as I have copies of all the eps too. But I do appreciate all your screencaps!!

As for the ratings, I know the first episode smashed all records for The bachelorette. Not sure how it's doing now though.

Also, I reviewed some past episodes including the first one and I've changed my mind about Luke or even Stu being F2. I actually think Apollo will be F2. I've mentioned at the time that his M&G was a F1 type of edit because it was lengthy and showed real connection with Sophie and also he's being edited very favourably, and his SD was more romantic and showed more spark. I think he is being edited to be the next Bachelor candidate. Stu is the dark horse though so we'll see if his SD changes anything.
mjoy
mjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by mjoy Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:33 pm

I have a question I've been meaning to ask -
In the rooftop date with James and Sophie, what is it that James says after the first kiss. He's hugging her and he says 'I really like you. I do!.... something something.... You're a really good person'. What is he saying in the middle of it? I can't make it out.
mjoy
mjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion*

+7
mjoy
Idlemess
Jolena
AllAboutLove
BabyGotBach
locoforbach
GuardianAngel
11 posters
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum