SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Page 72 of 79 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 72 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by XQZME Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:52 am

North wrote:I thought this was interesting from Annaliese about her pick for Arie...at the 3:10 mark.

I am feeling like tptb have been re-editing this season to hide the chemistry between Arie and Becca so the unspoiled are surprised that he initially picks her as his F1. Then, when he breaks up with Becca and goes to Lauren, the unspoiled are like...see it was Lauren all along, there was never anything with Becca.

Initially tptb were showing all sorts of chemistry between Arie and Becca, then Becca disappears and all of a sudden it’s the Lauren show. JMO

XQZME
XQZME

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 72 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by Newto Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:02 pm

Given Arie's history, I seriously doubt that the relationship with Lauren will last too long. JMHO.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:07 pm

I guess tptb would never pass up the drama of the situation - was thinking it would be pretty easy to re-shoot the frc with Lauren as f1, and totally throw RS and his spoilers under the bus. But what fun would that be? giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:18 pm

Newto wrote:Given Arie's history, I seriously doubt that the relationship with Lauren will last too long.  JMHO.

I’m thinking Arie is like most people in that most do see themselves as spouse/parent in the future. As to his history, he appears to have had a fair number of relationships... even staying in at least one for over a year (including cohabitation) without being in love/saying ILY.  IMO this looks like someone who likes being in a relationship just because. It suggests a low bar of emotional investment. 
Eventually most people end up in a committed relationship so if Arie ends up long term with someone from the show then it could be a matter of her being more right than his previous dalliances.
I just find him somewhat vapid giggling  which is disappointing because I’ve wanted him as Bach since Em’s season. Wasn’t certain what he was all about then but now am rapidly losing curiousity.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:37 pm

Vapid is a good word to describe him IMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:12 pm

The edited Arie seems a little vapid, but I don't see that in the real life Arie.

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:49 am

Stone_Hedge wrote:It’s who’s counting . She was correcting someone doing the math on their age difference .

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 72 407b8810

And she's supposed to be an "overachiever" with a Psych degree and tons of volunteer work? Btw, those volunteer work can easily be padded. As a library pager, I may be able to put it in my resume as an education liaison. As a race course volunteer, it can be a motivator. (That's really stretching it.)

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:37 am

XQZME wrote:
North wrote:I thought this was interesting from Annaliese about her pick for Arie...at the 3:10 mark.

I am feeling like tptb have been re-editing this season to hide the chemistry between Arie and Becca so the unspoiled are surprised that he initially picks her as his F1.  Then, when he breaks up with Becca and goes to Lauren, the unspoiled are like...see it was Lauren all along, there was never anything with Becca.  

Initially tptb were showing all sorts of chemistry between Arie and Becca, then Becca disappears and all of a sudden it’s the Lauren show.  JMO

Back in Jason/Melissa/Molly season, I looked at production timeline, break-up timeline, reunion timeline vs. editing timeline estimates (knowing that at least episodes 1-3 are usually edited/in the can before premiere), and you could see the switch in the edit I thought anyway in the later episodes. But it still has to be edited to make Ending #1 make sense. (choosing Becca made sense to Arie at the time, even if he was conflicted, etc)

This is how Reality TV is "written" and produced like any dramatic production or novel -- with a story arc that has a climax, and a resolution. The resolution has changed, so other scenes and events take on more significance in hindsight. They edit to the version of events they have selected to highlight to explain the (original, then new) ending that happened. Due to live ATFR, the break up and reunion extend the story they have to present. And they edit... in a cynical way, to be sure ... to explain. I thought the Courtney/Ben edit was strange for a Happy Ending season, until we saw that they had struggled so much post filming. It was edited so as NOT to shock the viewers by the time the Unhappy Couple came to the ATFR.

I have always said that the Edit forecasts why the couple breaks-up (or makes it!), because that's very evident to production and they write all that up in their notes. (where will Nick and Vanessa live? Chris S was more connected to the one he didn't choose; Tessa is not nearly as into Andy B as he is into himself and she hates the limelight; JP is "all-in" and they are a good fit lifestyle/education etc) They are just storytellers in reality, who select what to show of what happened to "entertain" in a way that sells Ads. They aren't documentarians, LOL.

I don't sleuth and post much any more, but I knew about the switch, and was trying to see if the edit had pivoted on Monday. Wasn't sure. My impression is that Lauren becoming another frontrunner really happened in real life this next episode, but I am only barely watching, reading so leave that to the pros here.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:38 pm

Has there been any other season as slow moving as this one in discussion topics? I even went back to work after two weeks off with the flu and none of TB enthusiasts are talking except for one. She said she uses TB to spend time with her Nana who took offense when Lauren made a reference about old people being gross. I know Lauren didn’t mean it that way and some thought it cute , but I guess it’s about who’s watching . *JMO* thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyGotBach Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:11 pm

I never liked Arie on Emily's season he just felt over confident and boring to me then, and now he just feels like a an untrustworthy player with too much Botox, who licks anything that is in front of him Rolling Eyes in saying this I am actually enjoying the season Not because of arie but BECAUSE of the group of girls! I love them all and yes even Krystal! She is a villain I love to watch she is so much more entertaining to me than the corrine type - jmo

Anyway IMO I find Aries SM really insensitive- let me get this right he picks becca first and they both post stuff regarding loving pizzas (code word for them ?) and now he is with Lauren they post about being basic? Has arie done any interviews since the switcheroo happened? Is he still saying he fell in love with 2 girls? Or is he saying now that he is just really happy?.
BabyGotBach
BabyGotBach

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:08 pm

@jlccaz - thanks for the great explanation and analysis. Just be sure to come back and post when you see more of the pivot towards Lauren.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:33 pm

Has Arie done any show promotion interviews recently? Must be hard to navigate with the spoilers out there.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 79 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

+92
jlccaz
kraft33
FLChica
charriotoffire
Eagle Eye