SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Page 4 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by TheWrongReasons Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:24 am

alwaystulips wrote:
LiboLRC wrote:So are we taking Krystal's word as truth now I see. LOL

The quote about his alma mater was from an Arizona news outlet reporting on their date, not Krystal.

@TheWrongReasons, thanks for rewatching that part of Epi 2!  That was a cute ITM. Smiley
@alwaystulips NP! I usually keep this franchise on my PVR for quite some time - I still have BIP3 on laugh out loud
And I agree - very cute ITM - love that he added in the Pizza Hut thing ... and then he mentioned Pizza Hut again during his 1-on-1 with Sienne in Italy laugh out loud

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by alwaystulips Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:45 am

Oh, yes, I’m Sorry!   Krystal said that?  I try not to read/listen to anything with her name in it.  22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 4 3806527698

@North, yes
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:14 am

Kashathediva wrote:Jennifer Lawrence dropped out of middle school.

IMO Arie followed a relatively common path for someone born into a racing family and seeking to pursue that path himself. For example Ayrton Senna (IMO perhaps the greatest F1 driver of modern times) started racing at 13, graduated what appears to be the equivalent of our High School at 17 but dropped out of college after 3 months. IMO many race car drivers start early in life and focus on racing rather than education.

ETA: Though some (RS comes to mind) have been critical of Arie's racing career results IMO he really does have some impressive successes. This can be seen here for anyone interested. Even his most recent 2017 results in Stadium Super Trucks (8th out of 30) is not too shabby for a partial season (11 starts when everyone ahead of him had anywhere from 14 to 22 starts). source

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:32 am

What I want to know is how well he did in kindergarten.  laugh out loud
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:13 am

Bet2Win wrote:What I want to know is how well he did in kindergarten.  laugh out loud

B+ in block stacking but he failed coloring - he kept apexing all the corners (hint - racing joke).

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:19 am

Bet2Win wrote:What I want to know is how well he did in kindergarten.  laugh out loud

I predict he ate a lot of glue and broke a few crayons. There might be residual glitter trauma. Hugesmile
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:20 am

I heard he was illiterate inutero, however and flunked braxton hicks.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:26 am

Sorry for the double post, but IMO, I think too many people go to college these days. I don’t think you need a college degree to be a bank teller or work in retail, among other things. I actually would like to see a two year national service program before college. Learn a bit about life and decide if college is really what you want. Go to a great tech school or other stuff.

So I am not a snob who feels everyone should attend college.

Arie’s being a high school graduate or dropout has nothing to do with why I dislike him. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:43 am

I try not to be snobby too and figured he had at least a high school diploma. Doesn't say much. He's still an idiot laugh out loud. JMO.

It does lend itself to the discussion we recently had about being born into a Millionaire family. Makes more sense why he didn't continue school.

Last edited by bleuberry on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total

22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 4 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by North Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:46 am

stuckinsc wrote:Sorry for the double post, but IMO, I think too many people go to college these days. I don’t think you need a college degree to be a bank teller or work in retail, among other things. I actually would like to see a two year national service program before college. Learn a bit about life and decide if college is really what you want. Go to a great tech school or other stuff.

So I am not a snob who feels everyone should attend college.

Arie’s being a high school graduate or dropout has nothing to do with why I dislike him. JMO.

OT but I totally agree with you about college not being for everyone AND a service program. The amount of money that is spent when kids are not prepared or emotionally/mentally ready is crazy! iMO

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:55 am

Even if he didn't graduate HS or barely squeaked by, he seems to be doing quite well for himself at the moment. Jmo.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:55 am

I don't care what Arie's education level is, it was just mentioned in this thread because there were lots of comparisons being made to doctors who had married late because they were consumed by their education/careers and didn't have the time or opportunities to meet people. It just, IMO, didn't seem like an apt comparison as, well, Arie isn't a Doctor. He's clearly never had trouble meeting women and, as he has said, he made the choice to date women who weren't ready for marriage. This isn't a Rachel type of situation, who really just wasn't able to meet men because of her career.

I think he's an idiot in a lot of ways, but I don't really question his intelligence - he's the Bachelor alum to make the most on Millionaire, which is somewhat indicative of logical reasoning and general knowledge. It's why I've never bought the "the producers just manipulated and forced Arie to do something he didn't want to!". IMO, Arie's never been a pushover and he is just much more savvy and calculated than Jason was.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

+68
northernviewer
Newto
blueblues
Zaynab
lovebites8727