SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Page 40 of 80 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:16 pm

As women we should support each other's choice whether it be a stay at home mom, a career woman etc. JMO
Hopefully each makes the right choice for her.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by Mustang19 Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:19 pm

I agree @sdmom. It's whatever you and your spouse agree what works best for your partnership. I love my job, but also wouldn't have minded being a stay at home mom (which is no cake walk

Maybe Lauren has a bit of designer ambition/talent and she and Arie can become the next Chip and Joanna or Tarek and Christina buying and flipping houses, laugh out loud
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Where I come from the possibility of being a "stay at home mum" is very uncommon (especially in the latest decade because of the economy), actually it's not something "my culture" (after WW2) is used of, but I guess those families who can afford to have only 1 income are rare, then again we have completely different way of dealing with (payed) maternity leave (1 year long) and employment bureaucracy.
I have nothing against women who decide to stay at home or the marriages where that decision is taken mutually. I can only imagine it takes great strength of a woman when there's financial dependency at stake (but since I have no idea how it works, I'm just assuming) to trust her man and support him ... but that IMO entails also that the man is aware of the responsability and takes good care of that trust he is given.
IMO raising children and taking care of the household is lots of work, so it may not be a career, but it's not undervalued effort (even if it doesn't scream a "successful career") and it has it's own merit and success.
Also there's so much "emphasis" on having a "career", but majority of working people have jobs and the career is secondary, if they are lucky and have a chance to progress.

Going back to the topic ... there's nothing wrong if Lauren wants to use her skills and energy to help Arie in his business (that becomes theirs) or decides to "stay at home" (running other charities, events, volunteering, just like she used to back home) ... it's her decision to make and I hope Arie can respect that (and commit to his share of responsibility) and so can the "fans".

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:37 pm

I didn't mean to open a can of worms with my previous post, but if a woman wants to stay at home, more power to her and if she wants to work, more power to her. One isn't better than the other. Everyone is different and should do what works best for them/their family. Jmo
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:39 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@sdmom Good Post I wish I was a stay at home shiller. Smiley

Lauren can work with Arie, which would be a whole new career for her, and she can also have a shilling career which from what I can tell, that's a pretty good way to make a chunk of coin. I don't think any partner would mind if one was staying home and checking the bank account.

I've always been curious how this shilling works for the Bach contestants. Do they contact the company or does the company contact them? I find it fascinating that you can actually make money shilling on IG. laugh out loud
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:47 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:I didn't mean to open a can of worms with my previous post, but if a woman wants to stay at home, more power to her and if she wants to work, more power to her.  One isn't better than the other.  Everyone is different and should do what works best for them/their family.  Jmo

I have done both, career in a profession where it was not unusual to work 15 hour days, then stay-at-home mom.

To me, career was easier, because 15 hour days with weekends off are less than the 24/7 babies require.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:52 pm

Bet2Win wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:I didn't mean to open a can of worms with my previous post, but if a woman wants to stay at home, more power to her and if she wants to work, more power to her.  One isn't better than the other.  Everyone is different and should do what works best for them/their family.  Jmo

I have done both, career in a profession where it was not unusual to work 15 hour days, then stay-at-home mom.

To me, career was easier, because 15 hour days with weekends off are less than the 24/7 babies require.  
I did both and did a combo. I liked being the stay at home best and that was when they were little and DH traveled M-F. It was us against the world!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:17 pm

snipped

Just to back up and recall what Arie said in his interviews. I want someone who can support me and I also look forward to supporting them and see them flourish in their own career. Someone strong and independent yet nurturing. I do think Lauren is Arie's type and his best match in the end but she is NOT the girl he described as wanting when his journey began. Not at all. For once, these words are facts cause I heard him say it!

Last edited by mprssdbyu on Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:21 pm

mprssdbyu wrote:Just to back up and recall what Arie said in his interviews. I want someone who can support me and I also look forward to supporting them and see them flourish in their own career. Someone strong and independent yet nurturing. I do think Lauren is Arie's type and his best match in the end but she is NOT the girl he described as wanting when his journey began. Not at all. For once, these words are facts cause I heard him say it!

IMO that's because he doesn't really know what he wants.  Or what he thought he wanted wasn't really what he actually wanted.  Or what he thought he wanted sounded better on film and in interviews than what he actually wanted. laugh out loud laugh out loud

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:
mprssdbyu wrote:Just to back up and recall what Arie said in his interviews. I want someone who can support me and I also look forward to supporting them and see them flourish in their own career. Someone strong and independent yet nurturing. I do think Lauren is Arie's type and his best match in the end but she is NOT the girl he described as wanting when his journey began. Not at all. For once, these words are facts cause I heard him say it!

IMO that's because he doesn't really know what he wants.  Or what he thought he wanted wasn't really what he actually wanted.  Or what he thought he wanted sounded better on film and in interviews than what he actually wanted. laugh out loud laugh out loud

JMO
Jacqueline Trumball said the same thing in her interview. Even at week 6, they felt which way he leaned changed as each day went by. Those weren't her exact words, but it is the gist of what she said as being an observer in the house.

mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:37 pm

@Aria I'm not going to accuse him of lying because I really think in the beginning it's what he wanted. He wanted a different personality type because his former romantic interests just hadn't worked out for him. His emotions weren't stirred. Apparently, Lauren changed his perception of his type. Time will tell, but so far even if they are still in La La land, IMO...they seem to be happy and content.

mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:48 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:

JMO

dizzy He’s 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 40 2622943811 And Ita ^^^^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 80 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

+68
northernviewer
Newto
blueblues
Zaynab
lovebites8727