SELECT CONTENT

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Page 11 of 57 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 34 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by Jane781 Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:20 pm

I agree it is odd in that it is the norm and it seems hard to turn down that easy money, but I do think it is a conscious decision on her part. Did anyone see the diffeyewear instagram live she did before her launch? During it, she said it was the first ig live she had done and that she felt super awkward. Then she deleted it shortly thereafter. I just don’t think she feels comfortable with it/feels like she needs the money/wants that life right now. Maybe that will change. I could def be wrong, but that’s my read on it because IMO there is no chance she hasn’t gotten shilling offers.

Jane781

Back to top Go down

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:23 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:That's why I asked, with the number of followers, she should be shilling to her hearts content, but she isn't. If she's being picky, I'm sure she would be receiving many offers to choose from and would surly have several that she likes. We have seen past ett'es and their F1's shill numerous items, watches, Dunkin Donuts, clothes, jewellery etc. There are a ton of items to choose from.

They aren't, and I find that very odd that she would be turning away thousands of dollars.

@GuardianAngel

Top shelf deals take time, negotiation, strategy.  She is only one month in. Give her time. She worked for a reputable firm and she doesn’t even appear to have signed with representation, yet. She is going for the gold, looking for the real deals/contracts/$$, not a few measly thousand here and there but real contracts for real money, IMO. She must know to get those, you haven’t diluted your brand with a bunch of junk, IMO. 
Also, she’s got tarnish to polish with Garett so it’s not as easy as it would have been or has been for some others. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:29 pm

It’s very expensive to live in the aforementioned areas of California, even with good jobs.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane781 Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:55 pm

With the possible exception of a couple big brands that people like Rachel and Kaitlyn have done work for, I don’t think there is a single brand that the bach people promote that would not use Becca because of Garrett. While some people certainly have issue with him, she still has a sizeable loyal following and he himself has 700k+ followers. Also, she has been in this world since January. I’m certainly not saying they won’t shill in the future (the diff colab shows that she will if it is something she wants to, though I think colabs in general have a different appeal), but I don’t believe that the fact that she’s not doing much of it now has anything to do with lack of general opportunity.  

I know Becca had mentioned somewhere that she is good at saving and paid her rent in advance before going on the show. She seems to live a pretty low key life when making her own decisions. That may very well change when they move to California and the cost of living goes way up. I just think that is not her focus right now.

Jane781

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:48 pm

Jane781 wrote:With the possible exception of a couple big brands that people like Rachel and Kaitlyn have done work for, I don’t think there is a single brand that the bach people promote that would not use Becca because of Garrett. While some people certainly have issue with him, she still has a sizeable loyal following and he himself has 700k+ followers. Also, she has been in this world since January. I’m certainly not saying they won’t shill in the future (the diff colab shows that she will if it is something she wants to, though I think colabs in general have a different appeal), but I don’t believe that the fact that she’s not doing much of it now has anything to do with lack of general opportunity.  

I know Becca had mentioned somewhere that she is good at saving and paid her rent in advance before going on the show. She seems to live a pretty low key life when making her own decisions. That may very well change when they move to California and the cost of living goes way up. I just think that is not her focus right now.
Real brands are very sensitive about who represents them. It is not just my opinion, it has been proven many times - most recently, Roseann Barr. Genuinely talented, quite famous people have lost lucrative endorsements for perceived acts of bigotry, especially toward women and gays so, I disagree with your assumptions. The people in BN who are successful promoters of commercial brands are pretty clean slated compared to Becca’s publicly endorsed idol, Betty Who and her fiancé, Garrett. JMO I can think of many brands that wouldn’t touch Becca so, that could be one major reason she’s not shilling or represented, YET. JMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane781 Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:00 pm

I was referring to the usual brands promoted by the majority of bach people. Sorry not buying that those brands would not use Becca to promote their product due to Garrett’s issues. And from what I’ve heard, they pay plenty well, if she just wants the money. IMO you could tell by how little she promoted the diff line/launch party that she is not that interested at this time. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Jane781

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:47 pm

@Chgohighlife, I agree that companies do care about the faces that represent their products. 100% agree. In terms of wanting to avoid controversial people. The thing is, these companies have plenty of popular d-listers promoting their products, and new couples coming out of BiP. They don't need risk controversy at all.

TBH, I think Becca was foolish for quitting her job. It's not like she had a lot to fall back on, as did some past B'ettes. Des, JoJo, Rachel all kept their solid careers while either expanding them and/or expanding their talents in other directions as well. And I don't understand how Becca could be so awkward using SM when she was a publicist!!! It's a given that a publicist would need to be expert on sm! (maybe she was fired) I don't think Becca seems like a savvy, bright bulb. I thought the DIFF glasses were hideous, who wears aviator sunglasses that are 3 times larger than their face, and who pays that much money for them. She looked like a clown wearing them. It's almost like DIFF sabotaged her sales from the gitgo.

Not only companies may distance themselves from the couple, but I've noticed not many from BN are following G. Some of the guys from his season, but not many from prior seasons. It's that "guilt by association" thing (which is how I feel about Becca).

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:03 am

SFoster wrote:@Chgohighlife, I agree that companies do care about the faces that represent their products. 100% agree. In terms of wanting to avoid controversial people. The thing is, these companies have plenty of popular d-listers promoting their products, and new couples coming out of BiP.  They don't need risk controversy at all.

TBH, I think Becca was foolish for quitting her job. It's not like she had a lot to fall back on, as did some past B'ettes. Des, JoJo, Rachel all kept their solid careers while either expanding them and/or expanding their talents in other directions as well. And I don't understand how Becca could be so awkward using SM when she was a publicist!!!  It's a given that a publicist would need to be expert on sm!  (maybe she was fired)  I don't think Becca seems like a savvy, bright bulb.  I thought the DIFF glasses were hideous, who wears aviator sunglasses that are 3 times larger than their face, and who pays that much money for them. She looked like a clown wearing them. It's almost like DIFF sabotaged her sales from the gitgo.  

Not only companies may distance themselves from the couple, but I've noticed not many from BN are following G. Some of the guys from his season, but not many from prior seasons.  It's that "guilt by association" thing (which is how I feel about Becca).

I am curious, does anyone here factually know what Becca’s prior job entailed and at what level of expertise? You can be in pr and then you can be in PR. Being in a low level job at a low level firm is not equal to being at a low level job with a top notch firm or client.
I’m just trying to get a real idea of what she actually did in her career.
I happen to also believe she not the brightest bulb and that BN does not appear to be very welcoming to this couple.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane781 Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:11 am

Becca chose the design of the glasses. She said in the Instagram video that her dad used to wear oversized aviators. I don’t think Diff sabotaged it in any way. How do they benefit from that?

She also said in the video that you would think she would know how to do more social media stuff because of her job but she didn’t/doesn’t. I don’t think she had a choice but to quit her job when she became Bachelorette. They weren’t going to hold her job for another 2-3 months. And then coming back, traveling for press, not knowing where shes going to live, etc., I don’t think it’s surpising that she hasn’t gotten something else yet.

I’ve definitely noticed that not many bachelor people follow G, but I don’t find that surprising at all considering the controversy. And I don’t think he/they care about that at the end of the day. He only follows a couple bachelor people outside of his season, which is also not the norm. And I’m pretty sure the ones he does follow he has met personally. Since he didn’t watch the show before going on it, he has little invested in the approval of those people. Both of them seem to be more interested in their friends outside of bachelor nation, which is refreshing IMO.

Jane781

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:25 am

SFoster wrote:@Chgohighlife, I agree that companies do care about the faces that represent their products. 100% agree. In terms of wanting to avoid controversial people. The thing is, these companies have plenty of popular d-listers promoting their products, and new couples coming out of BiP.  They don't need risk controversy at all.

TBH, I think Becca was foolish for quitting her job. It's not like she had a lot to fall back on, as did some past B'ettes. Des, JoJo, Rachel all kept their solid careers while either expanding them and/or expanding their talents in other directions as well. And I don't understand how Becca could be so awkward using SM when she was a publicist!!!  It's a given that a publicist would need to be expert on sm!  (maybe she was fired)  I don't think Becca seems like a savvy, bright bulb.  I thought the DIFF glasses were hideous, who wears aviator sunglasses that are 3 times larger than their face, and who pays that much money for them. She looked like a clown wearing them. It's almost like DIFF sabotaged her sales from the gitgo.  

Not only companies may distance themselves from the couple, but I've noticed not many from BN are following G. Some of the guys from his season, but not many from prior seasons.  It's that "guilt by association" thing (which is how I feel about Becca).

@SFoster
Becca is continually shooting herself in the foot, IMO. She LOVES Garrett. He’s a liability, IMO. Likely, she already knows it and is giving the public time to try to begin to see him as normal. She just ADORES Betty Who, right? OMG Go to Betty’s friend cupcakkeafreak’s latest I/G story and listen to the lyrics. Jeez, at some point you must accept what we were all taught - birds of a feather. JMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:46 am

R
Kashathediva wrote:

I am curious, does anyone here factually know what Becca’s prior job entailed and at what level of expertise? You can be in pr and then you can be in PR. Being in a low level job at a low level firm is not equal to being at a low level job with a top notch firm or client.
I’m just trying to get a real idea of what she actually did in her career.
I happen to also believe she not the brightest bulb and that BN does not appear to be very welcoming to this couple.

@Kashathediva
Here is what I found. https://www.instagram.com/p/BncEYZkBIOt/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=6tzziw1fk4t0
Still searching...

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:49 am

@Chgohighlife, I saw Betty Who's ig story earlier. One Word: VULGAR. Disgusting.

(And look at Ross's recent pic - shooting - he looks exactly like Garrett. That's her type.)

@Kashathediva - does anyone here factually know if Garrett has ever worked, as in a career job? Because he does not have a linkedin, and he has never mentioned working at any job. Maybe he worked in sales, maybe not. Where is the factual evidence? I feel like everything about him is smoke and mirrors, tbh.

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 57 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 34 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

+64
Terps4life
umngirl
nuts2uiam
Maggenzm
Billysmom