SELECT CONTENT

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Page 14 of 57 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 35 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by Newto Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:46 am

Slightly OT - Ames Brown was in the financial industry and his company didn't care for him being on a reality show when he was on Bachelorette. When he was being considered for Bachelor, his company nixed the idea. Ames declined and kept his job. IIRC.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by albean99 Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:49 am

BowenAnderson wrote:I found Ashley's story to be very sad, and I am sorry that it has affected her in such a way. However,  I am saddened that she, as a reddit subeditor, exposed Garrett's IG likes without giving him a chance to explain...as she asked of Ben.
I DO NOT condone Garrett's likes. But, I  wonder if Ashley,  after receiving the backlash over the twitter exchange, has anything to say to Becca and Garrett and their families?
These are very different things, but know one knows what kind of "head space" Garrett was in when he liked a photo.  Social Media can be a dangerous and very hurtful place very much without the benefit of understanding.  

AND after the emoji fun and playful exchange of B & G...I think they have a very loving and playful relationship.  I have been married 30 years, and my husband still thinks I am hot AND visa versa!  
So over people being so judgmental off of stupid social media, that took exactly 2 seconds to react or respond to and I was glad that Ben gave Ashley the opportunity to respond.  Just wish the same grace had be extended to others.  I wish people would just slow down and attempt to think the best in people and not expect that all is said and done with hate.

I thought the discussion regarding Becca & Garrett for this should be here.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15304

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchantress Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Not to re-litigate the Garrett SM issue too much, since I know it's been discussed ad nauseum, but I'll try to address the previous comment in why I think the situations are different (without veering too too far off topic). The Twitter exchange between Ben and Ashley developed into something that it didn't need to be, but they both seemed to come from good intentions. From my memory, Ben said something to the effect of darkness will never prevail over light and everyone's opinion is valid. Ashley countered in saying that he has the luxury of saying that due to privilege, and that it's difficult for those who have been oppressed in some fashion to find hope in words that don't appear to equate to action. TL;DR Both sides meant well.

Following several accounts and liking many transphobic, fat-shaming, etc. memes, I'm not sure what "headspace" can excuse that, and I fail to see any good intentions in doing so. He was enjoying humor at the expense of others. For what it's worth though, while I do believe that Garrett now realizes that liking those memes will result in scrutiny and could be hurtful, I have not bought the excuse that he was originally merely "mindlessly double-tapping" based on the pattern and frequency of his hateful likes and accounts followed. As for whether Ashley should have "exposed" this...I suppose that's based on individual judgement. I don't wish hate on anyone ever, but I think reasoned backlash can be constructive and productive. Just as Ashley only realized the error of her delivery after the intense backlash she got, I do think that the backlash Garrett got was the impetus for him potentially revising his way of thinking and behaving online, something that I'm far from confident would have occurred had he never been called out on his actions. Assuming Garrett has changed, which I don't know if I'll be able to tell yet, if I ever will (not that he should care what I think laugh out loud), this also probably has strengthened his relationship with Becca.

All JMO.
Enchantress
Enchantress

Back to top Go down

Post by BowenAnderson Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:20 pm

@Enchantress

Very well put. I agree with you in a lot of ways. I would like to believe the best in people and extend a lot of trust to Becca. I just think there has been a double standard for so many in the Bachelor nation that it makes me feel that the current political discord made Garrett's situation heightened.
Ex: Garrett and Becca not asked to be on Ellen.
Jordan was asked to be on DWTS with Joe. He TOLD 2 women on air to F off.
Nick fat shamed and looks shamed 3 or more people whom he did not know, nor did they agree to be photographed at the I heart radio festival in Las Vegas on his ig...for which he has sooooo many followers. He is still invited on all podcasts about B nation etc...

I think the assumption that Garrett is transphobic and racist over likes is a jump. Sorry, I just do. I guess that stems from having 3 sons 28, 26 & 24 and know how mindless their ig is.

BowenAnderson

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:24 pm

Everyone has a right to express their opinions, some may like it others don't.

Some people I know are all for the new regulations in Canada when it comes to Pot. I'm not one of them. I know everything I need to know, and regardless of their opinions, it won't change mine. I'm not going to "wish" they change their opinions. I still like them, some are good friends.

I really don't care why Garrett liked those posts. To me the fact that he did makes me dislike him. Those likes are in no way comparable to liking the new regulations of Pot in Canada. If he has grown and learned from that, and has done a complete 180 in his beliefs that's great. It makes no difference to my opinion of him other than giving him credit for realizing that all people need to be treated equally, his actions were cruel, if that's in fact what he believes and isn't sorry just because of the backlash he got. There are thousands of people that get called out on SM for various reasons, including the Nick Viall's the Arie Luyendyk's the Brian Abasolo's and many more, they get blocked and never to be followed again and never given the benefit of the doubt. That's not affecting them, nor is it affecting those that blocked them. It doesn't appear to me that Garrett cares that I've never looked through his IG or that I don't follow him. That's the way it should be.

Becca and Garrett seem happy, that's all that should matter to them their family and friends IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SpinCycle Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:51 pm

I always says this that every person is different. We can see what others cannot and vise versa. Everything happened for a reason is what i always believe.

I know it’s been discussed multiple times regarding Garrett likes. As a person that like him even he has those likes because i believe that he is a good person and he did sorry and apologize for everything.

I think it is just part of human nature that each person tend to like or dislike this person whoever it is. So all is well.

I’m enjoying Becca and Garrett journey until now and more in the future for sure. Well they are the only couple in BN that i follow the journey.
SpinCycle
SpinCycle

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchantress Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:16 pm

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/becca-kufrin-garrett-yrigoyen-and-i-have-no-wedding-plans-yet/

I respect the honesty, but I see that we're pulling a Jo^3 with the wedding talk laugh out loud
Enchantress
Enchantress

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:01 pm

The business opportunities the next year will give us more insight IMO into when they will settlie down. Garrett just recently was announced as representing a fishing and hunting company to host trips around the country and internationally. Becca is supposed to join him on some.

They've decided on San Diego to live so at this time Becca doesn't have any offers she needs to live in LA for.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:21 pm

At this point I honestly don't expect wedding talk. They haven't even settled into their own place yet. Once they get settled in San Diego and get into a routine of day to day life, then I could see the wedding planning start. I think Garrett signing up as a guide for the company in Minnesota is the beginning of that day to day life.

I also don't expect a huge wedding out of these 2... in fact, I could see them throwing something together in a matter of a month or 2.

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 14 1646190589

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:21 pm

laugh out loud sounds promising.

“Probably fall of some kind of year.”  (TM: JoJo) laugh out loud laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:39 pm

That line should make me more skeptical, but it has only been 6 months since they got engaged and only 4 months since they've been a public couple. I think it's kind of crazy to start wedding planning at this point, if you're doing the wedding yourself, especially since Becca strikes me as the type to have a low-key wedding like her sister. I think if they're still reciting that line by December 2019, we can officially call it for this whole "picking the FIR" and definitively say it's been a colossal failure. At this point, naive me still thinks they remind me of the old-school couples like Des/Chris and Ashley/JP and thinks they have the highest chances of making it within our Bachelorette couples.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:08 pm

This couple, IMO, reminds me of nothing like JASH or Des/Chris. The latter 2 couples both almost immediately went back to work and had some type of mutual home. Imo, they went back to real life and coordinated their individuality into their coupledom.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 57 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 35 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

+64
Terps4life
umngirl
nuts2uiam
Maggenzm
Billysmom