SELECT CONTENT

Weather - Discussion

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Weather - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Mon May 23, 2022 6:23 pm

@Sprite omg that's horrible you got caught right in it. Some people got weather alerts but literally no time to do anything that's how fast it came.

@Norcalgal there have been sporadic tornados in Ontario but not very common. It seems the last 10 years ago it's seems more often. Even in my little city of 19000 people a couple of years ago we had a tornado. No where near the damage this last one caused. It's a result of the Michigan tornado. I saw the weather pattern and it came straight across right to Ottawa.

Nearly half of Canada's population hit by derecho, why it was harmful
Weather - Discussion  - Page 13 Track

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/nearly-half-of-canadas-population-hit-by-derecho-why-it-was-harmful

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

"You cannot do kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 68222

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon May 23, 2022 9:34 pm

@GuardianAngel @Norcalgal Yup, it used to be about 12 a year in Ontario, but for the last few years we have seen a large increase to over 40.

We knew that a storm was coming...rain, hail, thunder, lightning. They said it would be a big storm, but not like this. I had checked the weather network and they were predicting the rain would start about 2 pm so I thought I had time. I was driving with the radio on and no warnings came on. Only on my way back did they issue a warning, but by that time they were issuing that it was heading for Brampton, Hamilton, Halton and Toronto. I called my parents since Oakville is in the Halton area, telling them to stay home. A little late for me and my area. It must have picked up super quick, because there was barely a cloud in the sky when I left. Next time I will stay home!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue May 24, 2022 4:06 pm

@GuardianAngel @Sprite Thank you for explaining all that. Climate change is real when you face those threats - just like us with wildfires.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Weather - Discussion