SELECT CONTENT

Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 11 Empty Re: Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion

Post by chasus71 Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:11 pm

@GuardianAngel Thank you very much.

To all my American family out there- stay safe out there and have a fun and blessed independence day. We are free because of the brave💝❤❣

Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 11 200.gif?cid=ff8962e34jxms8c8i674ip30mdsrtb479ic23e2ai8ew0qcl&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 11 Empty Re: Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:58 pm

I hope everyone is enjoying the Labour Day weekend!

Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 11 COUEibaWUAAK2s6

Source

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:01 pm

To all Canadians heading into Thanksgiving weekend, I wish everyone has an enjoyable weekend!

Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 11 1e842eb88329d565244cfc2e7ecde17d

Source

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:27 am

@GuardianAngel That holiday crept up fast! Thankful for all you do for us, GA.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:17 am

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:17 pm

@GuardianAngel Yes, Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian pals. Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 11 1f618

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:50 pm

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:05 pm

I have so many memories of Thanksgivings past when this would be the last weekend for harvesting the garden and vineyard at my grandparents.  There would be around 70 of us picking grapes and plucking out the remaining veggies out of the gardens and apples from the trees.  We'd be around my grandparents from Thursday through Sunday.  There was food galore and long days spent working hard to put up everything that hadn't been picked already.  Between getting the last of the veggies from the garden to protecting them in the rootcellar to picking the last variety of apples from the trees, then Sat and Sun would be picking the grapes in the 5 acres of land that the grandparents had.  

I have been laughing and giggling the last few days when I'd remember another story or event from those weekends from throwing grapes at one another in the vineyard till grandfather caught us, to digging in the garden for potatoes/carrots/onions and looking at my cousin's black faces as one of the uncles would decide then to get the leaf blowers happening, to going home each day and plucking coarse sawdust out of every spot on my body and itching the rest of the night but couldn't wait to get my clothes on the next morning and starting it all over again.  Then Sunday night gramma would cook 3 turkeys and we'd have a feast for thanksgiving dinner as there'd be picnic tables lined up end for end as we'd all sit around.  It was on that night that the uncles would get out the guitars, etc and we'd sing songs well into the night.

I got to say that it is now when I am far older than I was then and sitting here thinking back on those days.....it sure gives lots of laughs and feels so good.

Sorry for getting carried away but something to do with this time of year that gets me conjuring up those memories and missing those days so much as it seems every year the older I get, the less of those people I have left in my life.....so good to look back to yesteryear and feel like I still have them with me to some extent.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:38 am

Happy Thanksgiving! :frommeto

We decided to celebrate the Canadian Thanksgiving this year and it worked out well because both our sons will be going to be out of town for the U.S. holiday. It's been a long time since we had a turkey dinner in October.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15306

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:02 am

@Aunties_Love Those are beautiful memories to share with us. Thank you

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:32 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians!! Enjoy!!

Is there a reason why it's in October and not November like USA? I could look online but I'm sure you all will explain it more laugh out loud

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 11 8367-910 Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 11 I_got_13 Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 11 E5kqdm15 Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 11 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:24 pm

@Linds911 I think it has to do with our  weather. Apparently since it turns colder earlier,  the farm harvests are earlier, hence Thanksgiving is earlier. I mean Alberta has had snowfalls in July so...

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion

+10
maryl
chasus71
veg_out
Linds911
albean99