SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Comparisons - *SLEUTHING SPOILERS*

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Comparisons - *SLEUTHING SPOILERS* - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Comparisons - *SLEUTHING SPOILERS*

Post by North Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:57 pm

ilovecarbs wrote:i don't understand her connection with luke at all. she never seems happy in his presence. other than their make out/massage session, she doesn't look pleased to be with him. it's like she's forcing herself to consider him. i wish the show hadn't edited out what she actually likes about him other than his kissing so it would be easier to understand why she gives him so many chances.

Me too! I've been saying this for a couple of episodes now. I don't get why either would want to be with the other. They are toxic together. And they both have impressions of the other that are not based in reality.

I was surprised that Luke shared his testimony in episode 7 -- I had thought he shared it much earlier -- episode 1 or 2 -- and that was part of their unexplainable connection. So I'm just as stumped as you.

North

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Comparisons - *SLEUTHING SPOILERS* - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Comparisons - *SLEUTHING SPOILERS*

Post by RizBiz Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:15 pm

North wrote:
ilovecarbs wrote:i don't understand her connection with luke at all. she never seems happy in his presence. other than their make out/massage session, she doesn't look pleased to be with him. it's like she's forcing herself to consider him. i wish the show hadn't edited out what she actually likes about him other than his kissing so it would be easier to understand why she gives him so many chances.

Me too! I've been saying this for a couple of episodes now. I don't get why either would want to be with the other. They are toxic together. And they both have impressions of the other that are not based in reality.

I was surprised that Luke shared his testimony in episode 7 -- I had thought he shared it much earlier -- episode 1 or 2 -- and that was part of their unexplainable connection. So I'm just as stumped as you.

Hannah herself said she was really sick on Luke’s HTD and was medicated up so much that she hardly remembers what she said. Her apparent disconnect may have been due to that factor.

As well, we should remember that of the 24/7 for the weeks that Luke was a part of the show, we only saw televised what the editors wanted us to see. Those scenes which fit the narrative they want us to know and believe. We never did see Hannah and Luke’s deeply spiritual conversations which Chris H alluded to.

I have no doubt that they had a great connection but on a level that was scorned and mocked by others in the house. Who knows how much of a negative influence Jed was towards Hannah’s  attraction to Luke, as well as to Tyler during those times he was with her, especially in the last few episodes.
Jed had the obvious disdain for Luke throughout the season yet I never saw that reciprocated by Luke towards Jed.
And now? After what we know about Jed?
Luke doesn’t come across too badly for simply wanting and expecting Hannah to be his queen.
Just my opinon.

RizBiz

Back to top Go down

Post by North Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:44 pm

RizBiz wrote:
North wrote:

Hannah herself said she was really sick on Luke’s HTD and was medicated up so much that she hardly remembers what she said. Her apparent disconnect may have been due to that factor.

As well, we should remember that of the 24/7 for the weeks that Luke was a part of the show, we only saw televised what the editors wanted us to see. Those scenes which fit the narrative they want us to know and believe. We never did see Hannah and Luke’s deeply spiritual conversations which Chris H alluded to.

I have no doubt that they had a great connection but on a level that was scorned and mocked by others in the house. Who knows how much of a negative influence Jed was towards Hannah’s  attraction to Luke, as well as to Tyler during those times he was with her, especially in the last few episodes.
Jed had the obvious disdain for Luke throughout the season yet I never saw that reciprocated by Luke towards Jed.
And now? After what we know about Jed?
Luke doesn’t come across too badly for simply wanting and expecting Hannah to be his queen.
Just my opinon.

I do believe TPTB edit and edit and edit and place contestants in situations that exploit their character flaws and weakness. And I think all of Luke's character flaws were identified early on in his psyche eval...

• Overly possessive
    Uber competitive
    Single-minded
    Does not play well with others
    Lies for his own purpose
    Narcissistic tendencies
    Low social & emotional intelligence
    Immature

TPTB used this knowledge to put Luke (as well as others) in situations that would exploit his weaknesses and drive conflict. TPTB were very successful. And TPTB were probably whispering in Luke's ear that he was the one and only front-runner. And yes, it was manipulative but Luke is, ultimately, responsible for his own behavior. Period. His inability to use critical thinking as well as reflect on his own behavior throughout the experience led to his poor relationships with the other guys and his terrible relationship with Hannah. He doesn't get to play the victim b/c he lacks self-awareness. IMO

It was truly incredible to see a contestant lie so blatantly, and so often, to the others as well as to the lead. I half expected a split-screen to pop-up and replay the scene where he said the opposite.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by RizBiz Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:15 pm

I am only trying to explain what Hannah and Luke had in common and why connection lasted as long as it did.
And as for most of his personality traits, which were made to look negative, there could be the positive flip side. For example:

Overly possessive - not really. Just concerned to protect His stakes in this competition.
Uber competitive - This show IS all about competition. And in competitions, the prize goes to those who fight hard, who are persistent and who persevere. Luke exhibited all those qualities.
Single-minded- or focused
Does not play well with others- the victim bullied in the schoolyard is classified the same way. Luke was bullied and still is being bullied by the edit and the media.
Lies for his own purpose- this is true. Most people lie for their own purposes.
Narcissistic tendencies- Not true. Can not be determined by a biased edit such as he received.
Low social & emotional intelligence - Luke was obviously outside of his element,  yes.  In his element, he is socially accepted and loved.
Immature - He is only 24. Most 24 year olds still have lots to learn about life. Many 40 years olds still do!!

Aside from his inability to handle his frustration which resulted in anger, and his lies ( obviously to protect himself, which I am not condoning but I do understand in the context of the nastiness of the guys towards him) I saw a normal person trying to fit into an abnormal situation.
If anything, he was clueless about how the process of this show worked.
And yes, he was gold for the producers because of this.
Just my opinion of course.

RizBiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:40 pm

North wrote:
snipped

He did share it earlier with Hannah; he just re-enacted it on the HTD; I think he could have felt that it would endear him to Hannah even more but IMO it had the opposite effect. IMO production has really done a job on Luke and Luke is, at this point, convinced that Hannah is going to pick him and she will end up as his wife - which is going to make next episode's dumping of Luke even more epic. What is exactly what production wanted.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by North Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:58 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
North wrote:
snipped

He did share it earlier with Hannah; he just re-enacted it on the HTD; I think he could have felt that it would endear him to Hannah even more but IMO it had the opposite effect. IMO production has really done a job on Luke and Luke is, at this point, convinced that Hannah is going to pick him and she will end up as his wife - which is going to make next episode's dumping of Luke even more epic. What is exactly what production wanted.

I know he shared it in the last episode and then again on HTD. I just assumed Luke had shared it WAY earlier like in episode 1 or 2 and was the root cause of this invisible and epic connection with Hannah.

Luke shared his "chasing sex" story three times on national tv (intro, episode 8, HTD). His intro was so awkward to me - so many shirtless/working out scenes with a voiceover describing his religious conversion. It was such an odd mix - the humble brag, the vanity, the bravado, - it stunk of insincerity. I think Luke wants to make sure that no one thinks of him as another Colton "a Christian Virgin (TM)." He's a Christian who hooked up a lot (like a LOT) in college.

All IMO

North

Back to top Go down

Post by North Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:26 pm

So I listened to the Bobby Bones interview with Haley and he asked her if Jed was short (evidently Bobby wants everyone to be shorter than him and it is a bit on his show?!?). And she said: No, he's 6'2"  She also called out the people who are mocking his looks, said he is very good looking.

Anyway, you know who else is supposedly 6'2"? Nick Viall

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Comparisons - *SLEUTHING SPOILERS* - Page 13 Screen14
Source Nick Viall's instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzvwrhqHIHQ/

You know who else is 6'2"? Tyler Cameron

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Comparisons - *SLEUTHING SPOILERS* - Page 13 Screen13
Source ABC stream https://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette/episode-guide/season-15/09-week-9

I wish I had a similar picture with Connor S included...tall guys don't lie about their height, right? And he's like 6'5"? So is 6'2' the default on the application form?

While we are looking at this picture can we recognize

1) how atrocious Tyler's pants are!?! What the ever living...WHAT!!
2) Luke has a very small face/head
3) Peter looks like he is wearing slippers
4) the blue light is downright weird

North

Back to top Go down

Post by violetstoo Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:54 pm

I think Luke emulates Hannah's past of doing the right thing, being the right person, being the pagent? queen. In previous interviews, she has mentioned how she patterned her life after what people wanted her to be 'the nice christian girl'. Luke is probably reminding her of boyfriends past, and their controlling nature, and her wanting to make things right in the future, and fix her past at the same time. Not sure if this makes since, but I also think that Luke represents her Daddy issues, meaning she has seen this before and now knows how to fix it.  But you can't change people unless they want to themselves. Just observations, wishing her all the best in her adventures.  Plus she may have had similar attachment styles to Luke's version of love in the past, such as the quick hot chemistry, then disaster following. All jmho...

violetstoo

Back to top Go down

Post by violetstoo Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:56 pm

Just watching her facial reactions when she is with Luke, since she has learned a few things along the way, and knows her self worth, and will not be treated that way any longer, thus the Hannah beast her family knows and loves comes out.

violetstoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:00 am

violetstoo wrote:

I think Luke emulates Hannah's past of doing the right thing, being the right person, being the pagent? queen. In previous interviews, she has mentioned how she patterned her life after what people wanted her to be 'the nice christian girl'. Luke is probably reminding her of boyfriends past, and their controlling nature, and her wanting to make things right in the future, and fix her past at the same time. Not sure if this makes since, but I also think that Luke represents her Daddy issues, meaning she has seen this before and now knows how to fix it.  But you can't change people unless they want to themselves. Just observations, wishing her all the best in her adventures.  Plus she may have had similar attachment styles to Luke's version of love in the past, such as the quick hot chemistry, then disaster following. All jmho...

Luke was only there this long because TPTB wanted him to be. She would've kicked him to the curb a long time ago. They wanted the drama. jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:17 am

Jolena wrote:
snipped
Luke was only there this long because TPTB wanted him to be. She would've kicked him to the curb a long time ago. They wanted the drama. jmo

I've believed this for a long time. IMO she tried to kick him to the curb in Episode 5 but he came back like a bad penny. To me this smacks of producer intervention - IMO they wanted Luke around so they could "poke the bear" with the nude bungee jump in Latvia and then wake the bear up during FS dates.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:32 am

@Lucas15 It’s sounding more and more like a very manipulated show, which I didnt fully realise until Colton’s season. It is emotionally destructive IMO

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Comparisons - *SLEUTHING SPOILERS*

+35
HavaDrPepper
Fan4life
Alanna
misslurking
Hotmomma