SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion

Post by Jolena Sat May 16, 2020 5:04 am

Sprite wrote:@Jolena I am on Chrome and am not having any issues. I do download 1 and it goes straight to the episode.

Thanks Sprite. I gave it a few more tries on internet explorer and I managed to get in and watch it. Thanks for responding , if I have a problem next week I will go onto chrome. Thanks for the helpful info.
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion

Post by Sprite Mon May 18, 2020 5:02 am

Episode 14 ... Fantasy dates.

Recap of the HTDs before they head to the game reserve. The animals are amazing and the ladies arrive by private jet. They are met by the host with champagne and then cocktails when they get to the hotel.

Jess is up first...sort of mimicking their first date in Namibia. She pulls out a list of questions...how does he feel when he is around her...warm and fuzzy, happy. She feels, happy, comfortable and safe.

Why did his previous relationships fail? Different reasons, but mostly he wasn't ready. Similar for her. She needed to find herself. Then she asks about his mom...more extroverted than him, gets along with everyone, selfless, stays out of his relationships.

Marc thinks Jess has a gentleness that is calming and he is looking for that...until she starts gabbing about a conversation she overheard between Bridget and Marisia...but wouldn't say it while she has her mike on. Basically that he has a girlfriend and is sharing his $ from the show so she will accept his doing the show. She says this came from Bridget and he asks if he can ask Bridget to hear her side, but he is not happy that she is wasting what little time they have together to bring up other people. Personally, I think she is worried and is a little sh*t disturber who thinks she is better than the others.

Marc is trying to move on from the tattling and see how they would fit. Jess says they are different. She is very organized and plans everything. She doesn't do the extreme sports that he does and she wants someone who would push her out of her comfort zone...a little bit. I don't think they are a good match and this is one of the reasons. Plus she is a whiner and obviously dramatic and he really likes things to be easy and relaxed. There is no way that would happen with her. I can just see her being passive/aggressive after a fight.

Jess doesn't want to change for someone, but she does want to grow and have them influence one another to improve. He is fearful because she is already talking about changing how he dresses and he doesn't really want it to extend to his lifestyle...I can see her doing that.

At the end of the date Marc tries to kiss Jess and she literally bends herself as far back as she can to get away from him. They then proceed to kiss awkwardly with unattractive slurping noises to really make things weird. They call these adventure dates and not fantasy dates and that is a good thing because there wasn't anything romantic about this date.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon May 18, 2020 7:14 pm

Second date is with Bridget. They are on the coast and going fishing. Marc wants to get the stuff Jess brought up out of the way. Not surprisingly, she is p*ssed and thinks Jess did this to mess up Bridget's date...and tells him as much.

They are doing catch and release. Bridget is competitive and wants to catch the biggest fish and Marc...but, never release him. She is also hoping not to get sea sick since then she can't make out with Marc. (Clearly she never watched Nick and Vanessa.)

Bridget hooks the fish, but it is really strong so Marc takes over to reel it in. Neither of them want to hurt the fish and he likes how she reacted because that tells him the kind of person she is. She then asks him what are the deal breakers for him in a relationship. He doesn't want someone who is manipulative and makes up stories. (Hmmm...whoever could he be thinking of? Seems he might have already sided with Bridget and so it might be bye bye Jess.) Bridget seems relieved that Marc appears to believe her over Jess and tells him that what upsets her about Jess is how she makes it seem as if she (Jess) is already walking away with Marc. I think that behaviour plays into Bridget's insecurities about herself and is Jess' way of trying to psych out the others.

Next Marc and Bridget go snorkeling. It is all fun and games until he gets stung by a jelly fish. They then proceed to a picnic on the beach where they had some discussion about what their lifestyles would look like. They have similar life styles and he appreciates that she did this stuff with him today. She was "why wouldn't I?". He doesn't want to change his lifestyle too much because then you are changing who you are and likes to do everything with his partner. She agrees and they both would like to live together and travel together. They are discussing kids and how both would like to stay home with the kids and be involved with their activities. He has worked his whole life so that he can afford to do that.

Bridget admits that she really likes him and it is getting more difficult because she is more and more invested. He admits it is difficult to make the decision as to who to let go because he knows them all a lot more and it is possible he is making the wrong choice, but all of their time together has just gotten better and better and he enjoys her company.

It is easy to see that this date was much more relaxing for Marc than the date with Jess. It was simply...easy. Again, I wonder if it is because Bridget is friend zoned?...despite the kissing at the end. There may be more chemistry with Jess, but there is also more drama, manipulation, life style differences, etc that I don't think he wants to deal with. The chemistry can't make up for the rest of it. I think he really likes Bridget and cares for her and if not for the pesky chemistry, she would be the best bet for him.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Mon May 18, 2020 7:29 pm

Ummm if Marissia is F1 then I think they are broken up already or this is just confusing? Why post this?....

Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 10 8fd24a10

LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon May 18, 2020 9:01 pm

Very intriguing! Nice pick up @LeapofFaith.   yes

I had lost interest in this season.  If there's going to be a messy post-finale split maybe I should catch up on the eps.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue May 19, 2020 12:02 am

Final date is with Marisia and they are horseback riding on the beach. Apparently she told him she likes horses, so this is her ideal date, plus ... "Mark is like the weather...very hot!".

Once again he brings up the stories from Jess..."which I didn't really trust". Interesting that he really doesn't trust what Jess says to him. It appears that it is a done deal then...Jess is toast...which does surprise me. I thought she would be F2. Marisia feels hurt by what was said and she doesn't think that he would come on the show with a girlfriend. She is also still trying to protect herself, but still remain vulnerable and open to the process. He is really concerned that she is into him and she admits she can see them together and wants to keep exploring where this is going.

Finally they start having some fun with riding the horses, but Marisia's horse  kind of throws her and Marc is panicking and tries to stop his own so he can go help her. Medic arrives and is checking her over. Marisia has scrapes, but isn't feeling much because of the adrenaline. It was scary. The hoofs came very close to her head. She got up very quickly and he says this showed him a lot about her strength and a lot about how strong his feelings toward her are. (Shades of Art when Matilda broke her arm during filming.) She also says this showed her a very caring side of him which she hadn't seen. She gets the OK from the medic that nothing is broken and they continue the date.

Another picnic in the forest this time. Marc doesn't know what he would have done if anything more serious had happened. He is very protective of people he cares about. He tells her there are so many things that he likes about her...that she is so considerate of others. She tells him that she does have a crush on him and is excited and has butterflies when she sees him. She can see this going somewhere.

Marisia asks if he can see himself with one of the women left. He pauses and looks at her...hint, hint...but then does his job...it is hard, feeling for everyone but they are different, have to find the best fit. Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 10 2622943811 He fears that at the end, the one he feels the strongest connection to, doesn't feel the same way. She doesn't express herself as easily as the other two ladies and he fears it is because the feelings are lacking and hence why he keeps asking her how she is feeling. He perks right up when she tells him she feels more for him than she has in her previous relationships. rofl She then quizzes him on his knowledge of her and he is spot on, however he is still concerned about how young she is. He really seems to want to start a family...not right away but it seems to be 3-5 years and wants to make sure that she is on that same trajectory. The obligatory makeout...although this one seems the most natural. I think his spidy senses are warning him that she may not be as into him as he is her.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue May 19, 2020 12:50 am

Marc meets up with the host Jason and they discuss the ladies. He thinks lots happened on the dates and showed him so much of the ladies personalities.

Jess...always had a really strong chemistry. You can feel when you kiss someone how you will be as a couple.

Bridget...so much more than just friendship. It just keeps getting better and she is truly adventurous and isn't faking it (cough, cough Jess). They are getting closer and closer.

Marisia...was shown how much he cared about her when she fell. His worst nightmare. She has opened up to him and become more vulnerable.

What he is looking for is the most easy, free flowing relationship that he can build on. Well, that takes Jess out of the running IMO. It was the most awkward of the dates with her throwing the others under the bus when it was unnecessary and she should have just been concentrating on each other.

Marc tells Jason that he has really thought this through and he is sure who is going. Jason tells him there are still a few hours for him to change his mind.

The ladies are waiting for the RC. Bridget is her usual unsure mess and Marisia just wants to spend more time getting to know Marc. Jess on the other hand isn't worried based on what they did and said on their date. Seriously??? She threw a grenade into the middle of that date and she has no concerns? Delusional much?

Not surprisingly Marisia gets called first...yet again! Jess is shocked because Marc is older and she isn't sure how they would work in the real world.

After a dramatic pause...Bridget and you could almost see Jess' head implode.

Jess doesn't know how this could be happening...she is used to getting a rose. He tells her that this is the toughest decision he has had to make in a long time, but he felt manipulated. She looks in shock and doesn't understand how she is manipulative. He also tells her they are very different and she is yeah, but opposites attract don't they? He is trying not to say anything too upsetting, but she won't let it go. After the initial upset she thought they were back on the same page. She asks why he didn't say something then? He had more time to think about it (plus he had the other dates. I don't get why she thinks her relationship with him is so much better than Bridget's or Marisia's...who bye the way, are awkwardly standing there trying to disappear and not listen.) OMG This is why I thought they were a bad fit. She is very controlling and it has to be her way. She would have tried change him to suit what she wants. Jess is going on about he must have had a thought in the past two months. She literally puts her hand up in front of his face to stop him answering her question and he is squirming he is so uncomfortable. He is not a man who deals well with confrontation and then she tells him he will regret doing this.

I feel bad for the other ladies since Jess is coming across as how dare you pick someone else...I am better than they are...and making them feel very uncomfortable. It is demeaning. Everyone is uncomfortable but Jess.

To be continued...

Next week the Jess saga continues. She just can't accept that she is not the chosen one and we will see how long it takes her to get it. Marc goes to meet his mom...and I think either his dad or stepdad? Mom is excited to meet the ladies and the guy says that relationships have to be equal. (I bet that is about Marisia.) Marc tells mom he doesn't want to change or change anyone. The FD card is presented and she doesn't want to take no for an answer. That is shown during a shot of Marisia, but I bet he is talking about Jess.

I can't wait to see how this drama works out. Is this the last episode? They didn't say that, so maybe there is one more after?

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Tue May 19, 2020 1:47 am

LeapofFaith wrote:Ummm if Marissia is F1 then I think they are broken up already or this is just confusing? Why post this?....

Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 10 8fd24a10

Thanks for posting!
OUCH! She looks literally P/O ! Suspect
The age difference / priorities started to rear it’s ugly head??? Curious but NOT surprised much! I also wonder why she is not held back on her S/M posting now until the season is actually over. Crap, another one bites the dust! no
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchy23 Tue May 19, 2020 5:50 am

Astrobach wrote:
LeapofFaith wrote:Ummm if Marissia is F1 then I think they are broken up already or this is just confusing? Why post this?....

Thanks for posting!
OUCH! She looks literally P/O ! Suspect
The age difference / priorities started to rear it’s ugly head??? Curious but NOT surprised much! I also wonder why she is not held back on her S/M posting now until the season is actually over. Crap, another one bites the dust! no

I would guess it has more to do with Covid and being quarantined. Everything is on hold, her study, traveling and maybe even meeting up with Marc.

Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 10 Hollan11
Dutchy23
Dutchy23

Female Posts : 398

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Tue May 19, 2020 10:51 am

I think its more of her frustration with being isolated due to the pandemic. She’s seems ready to move on imo.

I think this year 2020, is everyone’s EX.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Tue May 19, 2020 7:10 pm

@Dutchy23 @Idlemess You may both be right. It would make sense and she is pretty young and probably used to do what she likes when she likes it. Time for reassessing priorities for a LOT of people!
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Wed May 20, 2020 7:42 am

I hope you guys are right as I really am over these dramatic endings. I just want to see a loved up happy couple in the end with no drama. Is that too much to ask?....probably laugh out loud
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion

+9
LeapofFaith
Agent99
Astrobach
Idlemess
Bobette