SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion

Post by Sprite Tue May 12, 2020 12:27 am

HTD's Part 2.

Gillian is first. She has never taken anyone home. She meets him up in some park and she tells him her hobby is photography. She wants to show him how she sees him through her eyes. They are chatting and getting to know one another while she is taking his photo. She says this is her most serious relationship. What??? She brings up age and he realizes he doesn't know her age. He says it doesn't matter as long as you get along and she feels the same. She is 26...10 year age difference. He wants to have a family within the next 5 years, but it isn't set in stone and he wants both of them to be ready and would like to travel in between. She agrees.

They go to meet her mom and two of her friends. He thinks its important that they get along because in a way you date the family too. Mom asks why he picked Gillian. He explains that she is very real, she has a great bond with you (mom) and he has the same relationship with his mom. He feels she would have his back, just as he would have hers. Mom says, well that is all she needs to know.

Gillian says it would be a deal breaker if mom didn't like him, but it's not a big deal if the friends don't. Friends ask him why she is better than the others? He explains their relationship keeps getting better and it doesn't feel as if they are just friends or are losing interest in one another. Then they ask if he has ever been in an interracial relationship and how he would handle people not accepting that. He has been and was raised that everyone is equal and thinks it is a waste of time trying to make that an issue. Then they ask him how he would feel about her work on SM. He was very surprised since he had thought she wasn't even on SM. Apparently she blogs about her travels and make up tutorials. He says as long as it doesn't disrupt the relationship it shouldn't be an issue. The friends really like him. I can see why. He does come across as open and genuine.

Meanwhile, Gillian is asking mom what she thinks of Marc. Mom likes him. He seems like a good person and they have to spend time together getting to know one another. Gillian is like...Mom, we're not going to get married tomorrow!

Mark is generally happy how the evening went, but brings up the dreaded...slow to open up. He is concerned about the SM since she made it seem as if she is barely on it and yet her friends tell him it is a huge part of her life and she is constantly on the phone. He wonders which is it. I would go with the friends. Gillian likes him, but I really don't see her into him like Bridget for instance.

Time to walk the dog and then I will come back to watch Marisia's date.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion

Post by Sprite Tue May 12, 2020 3:37 am

Final date is with Marisia. She feels she has grown a lot during this experience, as well as made a lot of friends. She is shy and Marc is pushing her out of her comfort zone...which she likes. She doesn't want someone who will change her, but help her grow and she seems to feel that he does do that.

Marisia has a traditional Afrikaans family...which I googled to find they are basically the descendants of the Dutch settlers who dominated politics/economy during apartheid. She is most nervous for Marc to meet her friends who are protective and have been there during her previous heartbreak(s). She likes the fact that Marc loves to travel and is spontaneous. She is usually more rigid and he gets her out of that. Hmmm...yin to her yang?

Marisia takes Marc rock climbing and he is loving the sexy, short shorts. He says each of the women is different and he is different with each of them. He is looking to see how they work together, who brings out the best in him and how each of the dates is different. Which is preferable for him?

Marc says he and Marisia enjoy many similar things which makes life much easier. She also enjoys how he goes for things and she says he is sexy! He likes that she kept trying to climb even when she failed repeatedly until she got it. They both compared the rock climbing and how they had to work together to how they would work on a relationship.

After they talk about her plans for the future. She has several job offers to work in the UK and and in SA. She also has the Masters to work on next year. He asks if any of these include him. She has not made up her mind and appears to be waiting to see where things go. She also gives him a tip when meeting her folks. Apparently it is tradition to kiss Afrikaaner women on the lips when greeting them. Clearly filmed pre Covid! She is the only one he is teasing....about her vicious dog...the only family member he should be nervous about. This is really the only date where he is talking about plans and how a relationship would work in the future. He is clearly smitten. He is like an awkward teenager with his first crush. He is practically blushing.

Marc is nervous and wants them to like him. He also wants to see if she will show how she feels about him in front of them. He liked her dad and how dad initiated the conversation. He thought they will get along. Marisia's friends liked how he noticed things about her that make her unique. He saw that Marisia was happy and that is what is important...and made him more relaxed.

Her friends noticed that they are physical with one another and that there is chemistry. They tell him that she can be very determined and that she is strong and if she wants something she will go for it. He wonders if she is different from that shy girl that he fell for. There must be some ... fake ... doubt. The friends grill him and he answers as well as he did with the others....but gives more of a hint that she is the one.

Marisia is speaking with her parents who like Marc. She says she wants to get to know him better, but she is realistic that there are still others there, but she likes him. Her father says he can see that Marisia is very happy.

During dinner Marc brings up the age difference to see if there are concerns regarding that. Nobody seems bothered. They all are commenting that they seem well suited and that Marisia seems really happy. He looks relieved.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue May 12, 2020 4:32 am

Decision time...hard decision, going to be tough... Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion  - Page 9 2622943811

Mark talks with Jason the host regarding each of the ladies.

Gillian...have had chemistry since the blindfold date, but after meeting her family and friends that has subsided. Not sure why. Thrown by the SM thing. That seems to really be bugging him.

Jessica...has concerns about getting along with someones family and while dad was great, her mom didn't really talk to him. Not sure if she didn't like him or the situation or was just worried that he would break Jess' heart. Also wondered if they would get along with his family.

Bridget...great family, but brings up the friend thing...again! Says they have gone to something more romantic and her family is very happy.

Marisia...he says he needs to learn to speak Afrikaans. Everyone was very welcoming and Marisia has gone from being a shy introvert, to becoming more outgoing. The age difference is a concern because even though she has had lots of different experiences and is mature in many ways, he worries about the emotional maturity.

RC...Shockingly Marisia gets the first rose...yet again. She is also the only one who didn't look worried.

Jessica.

And it comes down to the two who I thought would be in the bottom two...Gillian and Bridget...and Bridget gets the last rose.

I'm not surprised that Gillian got let go. She is the one that seemed the least invested in Marc and the SM thing really seemed to bother him. It was the only date that had any real surprises for him. He had no idea she was a SM blogger. In fact, he thought the opposite, that she was barely on SM. She didn't seem all that heart broken and he couldn't really explain what the issue was other than things didn't seem the same.

Next week...adventure dates at an animal game park. Bridget would want to live with someone before marriage. Jessica has learned a lot about herself in her past relationships. This has helped her work on improving herself so that she can attract a better mate. Marisia wants to know if he can see himself with someone...

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 12, 2020 8:34 pm

Thanks @Sprite!

What is the age difference between Marisia and Marc?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue May 12, 2020 10:09 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Thanks @Sprite!

What is the age difference between Marisia and Marc?

I believe it is 12 years.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 12, 2020 11:22 pm

That's not bad at all. The issue with age differences imho is the age of one of the parties.

If it's a 20 year old, they are in a different stage of their life and have so much more life experience to go through vs a 32 yr old.

It can work but I don't think it's as strong of a relationship compared to someone older say in their mid late 30's with someone 12 yrs older.

I say that speaking from a bit of experience. cheeky

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauriec56 Fri May 15, 2020 4:46 pm

Do we know how many episodes are left?

Lauriec56

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri May 15, 2020 5:09 pm

Lauriec56 wrote:Do we know how many episodes are left?

I think this week are the overnight dates so Probably one more after this with meet his family ,LC date & FRC. No?
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4299

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Fri May 15, 2020 6:02 pm

When I try to watch this on the Bachelor Archives- it keeps wanting me to add an extension to watch it. Is anyone else having this problem?    
      (This is Episode 14- Recap)    

https://www.dstv.co.za/whats-on/news/articles/recap-the-bachelor-sa-s2-e14/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=cf6efe98f5ac9a82f15054e70867174a4f40fe94-1589576012-0-AT506x8z_xFgj9DusIbZ1IOpAeiW1x3ZlswMh6Pi69KM38rAS8IMC6-x_MsqkcoeNS0qgW-CIba3bM6yLx9LgMc0ra1d_ZUb9ozp3csvwbLSR22hOK7Y_uQdPTRaynsI-Dig2noWAvbVeA7ybMYPvIORN_K2Uir__d0LTI3TO4X7zE4iTz4QlhIzOoeI_zHwnfSfg9bdfwZp4WJdZyEBenr5z95hw8n3SEA3YeEYD7tR1jWo-V0CYm-ZOVPTsow-RI1kG2B58hs2GeN1yba6myViNBzNxV3OfIwUIr7_FnlMU5etLq7iaECwMuhbZYXawr-V3Q-5VhkFfxH1mdKGKjQ

Last edited by just me on Sat May 16, 2020 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Fri May 15, 2020 6:05 pm

Jolena wrote:
Lauriec56 wrote:Do we know how many episodes are left?

I think this week are the overnight dates so Probably one more after this with meet his family ,LC date & FRC. No?
I think next episode (15) two women are meeting Marc’s parents. Plus drama from last episode has to be settled to determine who these will be.
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Sat May 16, 2020 3:46 am

just me wrote:When I try to watch this on the Bachelor Archives- it keeps wanting me to add an extension to watch it. Is anyone else having this problem?    
      (Episode 14- Recap)       https://www.dstv.co.za/whats-on/news/articles/recap-the-bachelor-sa-s2-e14/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=cf6efe98f5ac9a82f15054e70867174a4f40fe94-1589576012-0-AT506x8z_xFgj9DusIbZ1IOpAeiW1x3ZlswMh6Pi69KM38rAS8IMC6-x_MsqkcoeNS0qgW-CIba3bM6yLx9LgMc0ra1d_ZUb9ozp3csvwbLSR22hOK7Y_uQdPTRaynsI-Dig2noWAvbVeA7ybMYPvIORN_K2Uir__d0LTI3TO4X7zE4iTz4QlhIzOoeI_zHwnfSfg9bdfwZp4WJdZyEBenr5z95hw8n3SEA3YeEYD7tR1jWo-V0CYm-ZOVPTsow-RI1kG2B58hs2GeN1yba6myViNBzNxV3OfIwUIr7_FnlMU5etLq7iaECwMuhbZYXawr-V3Q-5VhkFfxH1mdKGKjQ

I'm having the same problem. Im accessing through internet explorer and I can't get through to watch fantasy date episode. I hope someone can help us out here. I can't imagine what the problem is as I've watched all the other episodes with no problem.. HELP !!!!! TIA
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4299

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat May 16, 2020 3:54 am

@Jolena I am on Chrome and am not having any issues. I do download 1 and it goes straight to the episode.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor South Africa - Marc Buckner - Season 2 - SM Media - Discussion

+9
LeapofFaith
Agent99
Astrobach
Idlemess
Bobette