SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 60 of 79 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 69 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 60 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:46 am

@MissNair Yep I think Abbie was easy for Matt to be around (maybe because he wasn't as invested in her as he was in Chelsea) and in that kind of environment that would count for a lot IMO.  

He seems very defensive of Abbie in post-show interviews which makes me think either he feels guilty for his part in stringing her along, and/or she takes the rejection REALLY badly at the FRC  Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 60 1f62c

I like Matt but I get something of a Hugh Grant vibe from him, if that makes sense.  Like he acts all prim & proper & intellectual but then he casually slips his Tinder history into interviews...

I certainly 100000% think he would have taken Abbie home without hesitation if they had met under different circumstances. May not have ended up being any more than a fling but yeah.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 60 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Sundy Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:14 am

@Bobette - who wouldnt take Abbie home. She’s hot as. I do find the whole triangle really fascinating. Abbie is almost Matt heartbreaker. It’s like she is sent in to ruffle the feathers of those that Matt has chosen to disguard, thus making him look blindsided and not responsible for his actions. That said, I actually really like him
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:41 am

@Sundy Yeah it's almost like the selection of contestants was an experiment to see what type of woman he'd choose.  I don't think Matt would have met a lot of chemical engineers on Tinder so I think he has *other criteria* than just brains, and F1 could have gone another way.

Makes me wonder how different Abbie's edit would be if Matt had chosen her as F1, since so much seems to have been constructed in post-production.  They could have easily made her look like a vulnerable "all in" F1 and less like a villain by using the bits they cut out of her crying etc.

Even just watching that Extras clip gives a completely different perspective on Abbie taking the date card.  He seems pleased to see her and is openly flirting IMO.  Very different to they way it was framed on the show as Abbie "stealing" it from Elly and forcing herself on him.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:07 am

Sundy wrote:@Bobette - who wouldnt take Abbie home. She’s hot as. I do find the whole triangle really fascinating. Abbie is almost Matt heartbreaker. It’s like she is sent in to ruffle the feathers of those that Matt has chosen to disguard, thus making him look blindsided and not responsible for his actions. That said, I actually really like him

IMO part of her “hotness” is her energy level. With Matt she likes to tease and flirt and be chatty. She shows confidence. She initiates.
Some of the girls do themselves in because they become too focused on her and when they talk to Matt about it that just leads to her getting more time because he goes back to Abbie to get clarification. It’s a cycle that increases his time with her, along with her creating time, that makes her best known by him.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:38 pm

@notarose Is there a chance that Matt chooses Abbie - they certainly have a strong connection

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:06 pm

Let’s compare Matt’s reactions when Abbie declared her feelings

eBachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 60 D8e1de10

vs Chelsie

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 60 B3cb1d10

I think it clearly shows who he has his heart set on, IMO.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:24 pm

Bobette wrote:@Sundy Yeah it's almost like the selection of contestants was an experiment to see what type of woman he'd choose.  I don't think Matt would have met a lot of chemical engineers on Tinder so I think he has *other criteria* than just brains, and F1 could have gone another way.

Makes me wonder how different Abbie's edit would be if Matt had chosen her as F1, since so much seems to have been constructed in post-production.  They could have easily made her look like a vulnerable "all in" F1 and less like a villain by using the bits they cut out of her crying etc.

Even just watching that Extras clip gives a completely different perspective on Abbie taking the date card.  He seems pleased to see her and is openly flirting IMO.  Very different to they way it was framed on the show as Abbie "stealing" it from Elly and forcing herself on him.

I kinda disagree with the top bit only because Matt did a 4 year engineering degree and goes back to Perth often so I'm sure he knows plenty of female engineers from UWA alumni. I actually see it as almost odd when he acts like he has never met a female nerd before.

Interesting tidbit, I went out to dinner with my partner's aunt last night who works at Swinburne in Melbrourne. She said she saw Matt speak earlier this year and when she spoke to him after he was an absolutely lovely guy, albeit a bit of a dag rofl

Last edited by Vjeff on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:28 pm

notarose wrote:
Sundy wrote:@Bobette - who wouldnt take Abbie home. She’s hot as. I do find the whole triangle really fascinating. Abbie is almost Matt heartbreaker. It’s like she is sent in to ruffle the feathers of those that Matt has chosen to disguard, thus making him look blindsided and not responsible for his actions. That said, I actually really like him

IMO part of her “hotness” is her energy level. With Matt she likes to tease and flirt and be chatty. She shows confidence. She initiates.
Some of the girls do themselves in because they become too focused on her and when they talk to Matt about it that just leads to her getting more time because he goes back to Abbie to get clarification. It’s a cycle that increases his time with her, along with her creating time, that makes her best known by him.

Totally agree. A couple weeks ago I couldn't understand how Emma would make it to hometowns ahead of Elly, now I understand completely. Elly fell down the Abbie obsession hole so quickly. And one thing I find funny about the situation is that if Abbie was the one who had a 9 week Europe trip wrapped up when filming finished she would be absolutely crucified by everyone who would say it was an example of her being not there for the right reasons etc.

Elly says she had it booked way before she even applied but it is quite convenient that she would have been so lucky as to book her departure straight after filming so I think that is a lie.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by susanna22 Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:00 pm

Hello Everyone.
I am returning after several years! To tell you the truth ...I didn't like the last 3 bachelors and didn't feel any motivation to join and share. This time instead I think is the best bachelor Australia ever had. Smart and very handsome!
Against many... I would have prefer for Matt to end up with Abbie! Even if it would have been for a short relationship ... because I have no doubt it would have been a very fun and memorable one for both of them.
The thing is... I am afraid that even when Chelsie is a very pretty and smart girl , she doesn't seem to have a true physical connection with Matt. I don't think she is the kind of girl who gets him.. HOT if you know what a mean. It surprised me how disappointed he was when he let go MONIQUE!!! and this woman "a young cougar" was extremely different from Chelsie ( thank God for Chelsie! ) I think he has brains so he is not interested for more of that! He doesn't seem truly attracted to good girls.... he seems to prefer the sexy, sassy blond! As many women like the bad boys!! So I feel sorry because I doubt Chelsie and Matt will be having a long lasting relationship. Even if they both deserve it. Enjoying the reading girls!! Thanks.

susanna22

Back to top Go down

Post by susanna22 Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Vjeff wrote:
notarose wrote:

Totally agree. A couple weeks ago I couldn't understand how Emma would make it to hometowns ahead of Elly, now I understand completely. Elly fell down the Abbie obsession hole so quickly. And one thing I find funny about the situation is that if Abbie was the one who had a 9 week Europe trip wrapped up when filming finished she would be absolutely crucified by everyone who would say it was an example of her being not there for the right reasons etc.

Elly says she had it booked way before she even applied but it is quite convenient that she would have been so lucky as to book her departure straight after filming so I think that is a lie.

There is one thing I agree with Ellie... Abbie is not mature enough. Because ...lets face it, an older Abbie with 3 or 4 more years of experience, would have not done those huge mistakes she made and that are now having Matt doubting! An older woman knows how to be more...discreet and polite, not to say or show too much! Avoid to make enemies. But sadly she went on the show like a young naive bull... fearless and with no baunderies. And sadly... when you go in a house full of women wanting just 1 male!!!.., things can get rough!deadhorse :yes:
!

susanna22

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:41 pm

susanna22 wrote:
Vjeff wrote:
notarose wrote:

There is one thing I agree with Ellie... Abbie is not mature enough. Because ...lets face it, an older Abbie with 3 or 4 more years of experience, would have not done those huge mistakes she made and that are now having Matt doubting! An older woman knows how to be more...discreet and polite, not to say or show too much! Avoid to make enemies. But sadly she went on the show like a young naive bull... fearless and with no baunderies. And sadly... when you go in a house full of women wanting just 1 male!!!.., things can get rough!deadhorse :yes:
!

I have noticed from the casting for next year that the minimum age requirement is 25. Maybe Elly and Abbie were just too young for viewers.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:08 pm

Bobette wrote:Just watched this week's Insider guide  Two observations:

1. Matt is encouraging Abbie, IMO.  He is FULLY FLIRTING with her in this clip.  

He asks her how it was decided who got the date cards; she says "I was going to suggest rock paper scissors..." and he cuts her off and says, "You were going to leave it up to chance?  You were going to leave LOVE up to chance?" Suspect

This season was not IMO a case of Abbie blindly and arrogantly thinking she was *the one* with no foundation - Matt was egging her on as much as the producers, IMO.

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 60 VNi5eos

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 60 Aus8zVe

2. Chelsea was not the only one to get to get a pep talk from the drag queen; there's a snippet of Elly as well.  

I wonder if they did this with all the girls and then chose the one who gave them the most value (i.e. tears).  No wonder the DQ is tipping Chelsea - she would surely have noticed hers was the only one shown.

Also, Elly's painting matches her earrings.  Weird.

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 60 CHSmasN

I agree that Matt is getting an endearing, dorky Hugh Grant-esque edit, who looks utterly befuddled around beautiful women.   But in that scene with Abbie, you see a different Matt imo.  He is in control of the conversation imo.  He is gently chiding her, albeit in a very teasing manner.   I think he knows exactly what Abbie is doing.  The question for me is - did he take her to F2 because he genuinely did like her, or because she would make great tv.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 60 of 79 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 69 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+45
Lurker1000
Kels0012
susanna22
Blueeyes85
stoneleigh