SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 56 of 79 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 56 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bachbee Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:53 pm

The ratings will only get worse imo. For the first time in 4 seasons, I've tuned out - The Punkee recaps on Facebook are enough for me. It's a combination of everything, Dud lead, no likeable contestants (exp maybe Bella), drawn out rose ceremonies and fake/contrived drama. I was going to give it a chance for the "Love" story to kick off but after watching Locky and Irena's date I'm 98% sure there isn't one, not a real love story anyway.
Bachbee
Bachbee

Female Posts : 517

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 56 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:56 pm

@Bachbee Yeah just made a similar comment on the discussion thread - if Locky had genuinely been blown away by Irena he wouldn't have been cavorting around Perth during the filming break (of which there are multiple reports) IMO. no no
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:12 am

leavers wrote:Haha wow I can't believe she'd actually write that! Yikes! That is bold. Not exactly surprising it was deleted.

Yes, she wrote that, I saw it, but I forgot to come and tell you guys, I should have.... it is just that I have lost interest in this season, it is so darn boring. I am now either watching good films, or some of our favourite shows on Foxtel and Netflix and reading a lot of good books. This year's The Bachelor is not doing anything for me. I wait until it is online and watch some snippets but that is about it, and then I may go and check Instagram or Facebook because some comments I read are amusing, but that is about it. I saw this one then.

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 56 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:23 am

leavers wrote:Yeah, I actually didn't bother doing the copy-paste (but should have said why) because ultimately the article has no concrete answer. In fact Farmer Wants a Wife finished really strong. The whole article was a nothingburger, I just wanted to share the Bach ratings. The truth, IMO, is that The Bach is rating badly because it's bad, not because of some kind of covid-related psychology.

Absolutely! I agree, the show is rubbish now, that is why the ratings have declined, and the discontent this year is can be widely seen in all social media. The COVID-19 argument is weak. Masterchef Australia was at the worst point of the pandemia yet its ratings were phenomenal, it hasn't done that well for years, why? Because they went back to the successful format, they understood their market and gave the viewers what they wanted and even more! Nowadays free TV is very bad, and The Bachelor Australia has declined so much in terms of quality that more and more people are now opting to get Foxtel (for example, I have always had Foxtel) and Netflix (which we also have), Amazon, or Stan, and many people (like us) still collects films and good shows. Oh, and people are also reading more. My local independent bookstore tripled its sellings during the last three months, and Angus and Robertson and other bookstores reported greater profits this year, so people are more selective now about what they consume, and RT producers seem unable to read their audiences, they do not listen to their audience, therein lies the problem. Free TV needs to change. Netflix is ridiculously cheap so only a extremely low percentage of Australians would have issues affording it, and those still get free shows on youtube so free TV faces fierce competition, only counted shows are doing well.

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 56 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:39 pm

Every time I think this season can't sink any lower...

"The producers encouraged the girls to do some very eyebrow-raising things," explains an insider, who says the women were subjected to some of the show's raunchiest ever dates to keep sparks flying during the COVID-19 lockdown that separated Locky from his contenders during filming earlier this year.

"There was a whole lot of raunchy phone chats, let's put it that way," quips the source, who says the women also had to record video diaries during lockdown for Locky.

"The producers encouraged the girls to be as flirty and open
as they could be. They had lots of lingerie available and encouraged the girls to wear it.

"Because the girls were separated from him, the producers were concerned he'd lose interest and that the lack of physical connection could see him become disinterested," the source continues.

"That's when the bathtub dates were introduced, and things got very steamy to say the least."

Source

TR/DL: Lead is a hornbag pls send nudes.

Meanwhile New Idea are are really playing up Irena's profession as a nurse:

When the pandemic shut down production in March, the 31-year-old says she was eager to get home and swap ball gowns for scrubs to help infected patients.

“Hearing about what was happening in the world was heartbreaking, especially being a nurse,” Irena tells New Idea.

“My heart was torn – a part of me was selfishly devastated that the show was stopping, but then the other half was so eager to get back home and help fight Covid.”

Irena said goodbye to Locky and headed to Melbourne – but says she felt more guilt leaving behind her hometown.

“I felt a lot guilt getting back to Melbourne after being away. I just wanted to get back to work and help ease the pressure that my colleagues had been facing while I was away,” she says.

“So it was hard saying goodbye to Locky and the girls, but also so rewarding that I could do my part to help out with the pandemic.”

Source

Nurse F1 in a pandemic; I'm sure TPTB thought they had the perfect script. Rolling Eyes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:23 pm

@bobette I agree when you say that the nurse during pandemia is the perfect scripy. See, Irina went to the show knowing what was happening with COVID-19 and it was only a matter of time before it was declared a pandemia. Some of my friends are working toward producing a vaccine, and I, as a researcher, knew what would happen far earlier. Doctors and nurses knew it too, at least those well informed, and the smart ones didn't even need to be told about it. The contestants were not away long enough for me to believe to what  Irina is saying, and add to that the fact that she was still filming the show during the pandemia, after she left the house. I don't buy it. I don't care for Irina. This is IMO

At the moment the only contestants I like are Stephanie and Izzy. Stephanie is a special-needs teacher and Izzy a HR advisor, so they are not uneducated and they are definitely more normal than most there. I just don't think Lockie is for them. IMO

Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:59 am

Just saw an ad with Bella boo hooing again, this time because her grandparents are unwell, and she might leave because of it.
The casual viewers are going to gobble this up, along with the whole Sad Disney Princess personality they’ve given her, and I’m just a heartless mole who doesn’t buy it at all laugh out loud
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:27 pm

And rumours are swirling that the 29-year-old's fiery temper prompted her departure from the show after she clashed with another co-star, Juliette Herrera.

Roxi apparently got into a confrontation with Juliette Herrera during filming at the Bachelor mansion - and things became so heated that she decided to leave.

A source told Daily Mail Australia that the pair's argument was 'full on'.

Their clash is believed to have happened in the early hours of the morning after the contestants reunited at the Bachelor mansion Oxford Falls, Sydney, following the COVID-19 shutdown.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8681459/The-Bachelor-Roxi-leaves-mansion-clash-Juliette-Herrera.html?adobe_mc=TS%3D1598912302%7CMCAID%3D2F5F90320515D04D-600006BECAF7FA32

If the above is true, the Final 7 are Bella, Irina, Izzy, Bec, Kaitlyn, Roxi and Juliette.

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:48 pm

I feel like this could be the perfect ending to this sh!t season laugh out loud

Irena has been the bookies' favourite since the first episode, but rumours are swirling that she isn't the clear-cut winner like in previous seasons.

Daily Mail Australia has heard whispers that Locky actually rejects Irena and chooses Bella Varelis in the finale, but Bella turns him down because she can't handle the fact he is also in love with Irena.

He then makes a sudden about-turn and begs Irena to take him back, and she tentatively agrees to begin a relationship with him.

Source

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:42 pm

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 56 3806527698 If there's any truth to that, Blake and Honey Badger are about to surrender their crown as most despised Leads ever IMO.

Also, a relationship that starts like that, plus no SHVs due to COVID, and a Lead who has admitted to being a "very physical guy" who presumably can't keep it in his pants for more than 5 minutes, has a likely survival rate of 0.00000000001% IMO. laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:06 pm

Agent99 wrote:I feel like this could be the perfect ending to this sh!t season laugh out loud

Irena has been the bookies' favourite since the first episode, but rumours are swirling that she isn't the clear-cut winner like in previous seasons.

Daily Mail Australia has heard whispers that Locky actually rejects Irena and chooses Bella Varelis in the finale, but Bella turns him down because she can't handle the fact he is also in love with Irena.

He then makes a sudden about-turn and begs Irena to take him back, and she tentatively agrees to begin a relationship with him.

Source

this would be amazing, I hope it happens, it would redeem what so far has been the most boring season ever

It also makes his "I'm so in love" seem very empty if he gets second best?

Ahhh whatever, it's all just a huge shitshow this season. laugh out loud So fitting for 2020
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1342

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:14 pm

No wonder Bella's getting such a golden edit. That's like the most scripted perfect Bachelorette set-up I've ever seen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 79 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+40
Bookworm
AllAboutLove
Sundy
chailatte
Bookwormer333