SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Page 28 of 75 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 51 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by Bobette Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:57 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Aaron getting Lesina's first rose at this rose ceremony now that there are two bachelorettes is tying back to first episode where he got the first rose at the rose ceremony there too. Definitely a connection there. I half wonder if Lesina doesn't pick him it may be because he is TPTB's plan to be the next lead and he needs to go all the way for that to happen. Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 28 4256136633

Hmmm... if that's the case I don't think they let him in on the plan at the time - he seems hurt to me.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:59 am

Bobette wrote:Yeah it's not good @AllAboutLove.  No wonder Lily's been giving off a weird vibe lately - she probably expected this reaction IMO.

Yeah, saying yes to taking away from a WOC as first Bette lead. That's essentially what it is no matter how it is said otherwise. I am surprised Lily was okay doing so but she's young and regardless I hope she's learned something. It would have been so much better if they just did Lesina the first season and then Lily the second season. A great way to keep it going for future seasons. They really shot themselves in the foot imo and it leaves a bad taste overall. Just another reminder how much privilege is exerted and how much WOC have to be the gracious, kind, welcoming person regardless.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:00 am

Glenn staying is no surprise.

Lily had said she liked him (and more than Lesina who didn't).

Glenn saying they connected.

Ew. Send him home.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:01 am

I took a screenshot of the guys when they were asked which woman they were there for/interested in.

Aaron, Kurt, Logan, etc all for Lesina

Quinn and quite a few others are unsure 50/50

Jesse, Flynn, Conor for Lily
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:01 am

I took a screenshot of the guys when they were asked which woman they were there for/interested in.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:04 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
Bobette wrote:Yeah it's not good @AllAboutLove.  No wonder Lily's been giving off a weird vibe lately - she probably expected this reaction IMO.

Yeah, saying yes to taking away from a WOC as first Bette lead. That's essentially what it is no matter how it is said otherwise. I am surprised Lily was okay doing so but she's young and regardless I hope she's learned something. It would have been so much better if they just did Lesina the first season and then Lily the second season. A great way to keep it going for future seasons. They really shot themselves in the foot imo and it leaves a bad taste overall. Just another reminder how much privilege is exerted and how much WOC have to be the gracious, kind, welcoming person regardless.

Yeah they can spin it however they like, but it's not a good look IMO.  

Also the whole splitting of the guys into Lily's team (the youngsters) and Lesina's team (the "mature" ones) - although exactly what we predicted would happen - is far too rigid for my taste.  

It's like they can now only date from within their select "circle" - HOW BORING!  Plus I still think Quinn is at the intersection of the Lily/Lesina Venn diagram and could potentially flip.

Is the episode over?  Did we get another promo?  question

AllAboutLove wrote:I took a screenshot of the guys when they were asked which woman they were there for/interested in.

Wait so was it like a schoolyard pick? THAT'S SO BAD!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:08 am

Bobette wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Aaron getting Lesina's first rose at this rose ceremony now that there are two bachelorettes is tying back to first episode where he got the first rose at the rose ceremony there too. Definitely a connection there. I half wonder if Lesina doesn't pick him it may be because he is TPTB's plan to be the next lead and he needs to go all the way for that to happen. Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 28 4256136633

Hmmm... if that's the case I don't think they let him in on the plan at the time - he seems hurt to me.

I haven't gotten the vibe he's hurt. He was super happy when he was with his family and friends all watching the premiere. Nothing like how Timm was who couldn't even watch.
His SM to me hasn't been sad or hurt? He likes her SM pics and has liked those of him and Lesina and was super excited for the premiere and saying to watch him and Lesina.
Out of all the men sleuthed to go far (Kurt and Logan for example), Aaron was the only one pushing for watching the show before it premiere and having videos of him in his IG stories saying to watch and he was excited in them. Contrast that with Logan who was MIA completely and didn't post anything himself and Kurt who only posted the day of and not like how Aaron did. I could see him as F3 for these reasons. Not sure though but I don't see him as hurt like I have with past male F2s per his SM.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:08 am

Final rose goes to Glenn. Like any of us are shocked.

The pig has to stay for the drama.

Lesina feels Marcus didn't put himself forward, while Lily doesn't really care since she doesn't know them yet.

Lily's first date is with Lesina. They go snowboarding. Meanwhile the guys are doing paint ball and declaring their teams. Third go for Lily, a third to Lesina and the rest are undecided.

The narrator is hilarious. When Lesina says she wants to date Lily, the narrator goes don't show this clip to Glenn.

Lesina wants to take Marc out for the date tomorrow. Lily is thinking of Quinn, Jesse.

Art mentions that Quinn is someone that Lesina is also interested in. And they leave us hanging since Lily had stated that you don't mess with with your friends boyfriends.

This show just flies by...unlike Peter and his hoard.

Last edited by Sprite on Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:09 am

Hmmmm... that's interesting @AllAboutLove - we're definitely seeing different things re Aaron.  

Who would your F2 be for Lesina; Logan?
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:14 am

I intensely dislike this two bachelorette format just for the premise of what it is.

Pitting two women against each other in terms of the men and the men are "Team" one woman over the other. Putting the power then once again in the hands of the men.

What makes it worse is that they've sent the message that a WOC is not enough. A WW has to come in and share that spotlight.

This is reflecting the reality that WOC have to face every day. It's maddening. Disheartening. Nothing entertaining about it imo.

I can't just pretend either that it's just a "show" when that viewpoint is a privileged one that WOC can't afford.

Just bummed out sad 2020. A whole new decade. First bette for NZ and it feels like no progress has been made.

Sorry for the bummed out post. It's just disheartening. sad
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:18 am

Bobette wrote:Hmmmm... that's interesting @AllAboutLove - we're definitely seeing different things re Aaron.  

Who would your F2 be for Lesina; Logan?

I could see Logan as F2 although I'd prefer Liam laugh out loud

Logan has been sooo quiet on SM. He didn't seem excited at all about the show to me and yet per the season preview we know he gets a kiss, he got the one on one time already so more time with him.

It's probably Aaron though if not him so in that case then Aaron liking Lesina's pics and posts like he has and being excited telling people to watch etc is just him being nice I guess? It's not typical heartbroken F2 (like Timm) behavior though. no idea
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:19 am

Sprite wrote:Lesina wants to take Marc out for the date tomorrow. Lily is thinking of Quinn, Jesse.

Art mentions that Quinn is someone that Lesina is also interested in. And they leave us hanging since Lily had stated that you don't mess with with your friends boyfriends.

Well we pretty much called this storyboard word for word, especially the Quinn split.  

Any hints if they will be revealing the spy tomorrow?  It has to be within the next 2 eps IMO.

I think Lily will date Jesse ep 5 and Lesina will date Marc, with Dom to go at the RC.

Then ep 6 could go one of two ways IMO:

Lesina dates Quinn and Lily dates George.  Or, Lily dates Quinn and Lesina dates Steve.

ETA: @AllAboutLove console  I feel ya.

Last edited by Bobette on Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 75 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 51 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

+25
kiwilaura80
Kels0012
Idlemess
Batmouth
mattnz
rosefun
atem
blueblues
Jolena
just me
sdmom