SELECT CONTENT

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Just Looking Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:18 am

@appiah01 I think you're spot on there

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by potpot712 Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:17 am

appiah01 wrote:Matt seems smart enough to know that choosing Abbie was not a viable option for his image. They literally only had sexual chemistry- she couldn't even understand or feign interest when he nerded out about science. He was also well aware that his friends did not want him to choose her. The man is smart. He googled how to screen kiss before going on the show so choosing the 23 year old who he was hot for wouldn't really fit into the image of nerdy, sweet, sexy science guy. The only viable options were Helena, who was not into him, and Chelsie. I don't believe Matt was looking for a life partner but I think he liked Chelsie. Not loved but liked well enough and would try to date her for a bit to see what happened. My guess is as soon as he got out of the Bachie bubble, and removed the adrenaline inducing dates, all affection faded and he realized he wouldn't even be able to capitalize on opportunities that come from the exposure of the Bachelor so he broke up with her because he didn't have enough feelings to trump that reality.

Methinks you've got it spot on

potpot712

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:41 am

appiah01 wrote:Matt seems smart enough to know that choosing Abbie was not a viable option for his image. They literally only had sexual chemistry- she couldn't even understand or feign interest when he nerded out about science. He was also well aware that his friends did not want him to choose her. The man is smart. He googled how to screen kiss before going on the show so choosing the 23 year old who he was hot for wouldn't really fit into the image of nerdy, sweet, sexy science guy. The only viable options were Helena, who was not into him, and Chelsie. I don't believe Matt was looking for a life partner but I think he liked Chelsie. Not loved but liked well enough and would try to date her for a bit to see what happened. My guess is as soon as he got out of the Bachie bubble, and removed the adrenaline inducing dates, all affection faded and he realized he wouldn't even be able to capitalize on opportunities that come from the exposure of the Bachelor so he broke up with her because he didn't have enough feelings to trump that reality.

Abbie is smart. WALE and yields are boring af yes, but every property analyst I know is still smart. All scientists believe science is the holy grail of intelligence but it just isn't...just because she didn't understand science doesn't make her any less intelligent than them. Matt and Abbie did get alone and God forbid actually had fun together. As we know Matt's friends were very quick to shut down any idea of Matt being allowed to experience any fun or enjoyment in his life, but honestly they should feel guilty for trying to influence him into the choice they thought was right for him rather than what he actually felt.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykills Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:19 am

Bobette wrote:
Just Looking wrote:@Bobette maybe you’re right.  I don’t know how these people can be such good actors and fake feelings I know I couldn’t do it

I couldn't do it either!  But that's a moot point since I would never go on this show - I know too much.  laugh out loud  But yeah, being an actor would certainly help, IMO...

Meanwhile... 

Chelsie McLeod basically just confirmed that Matt Agnew cheated

Basically everyone has been left hanging wondering WTF went down between Bachelor Matt Agnew and Chelsie McLeod after announcing their split 2 months after the show's finale.

It all started when Chelsie commented on her Bachelor co-star Jessica Brody's Instagram photo where she's holding a rose.

"Me vs. Me when he tells me I’m the only girl he’s talking to" read the caption.

Chelsie commented on the photo with a VERY pointed statement: "triggeredddddd'.

Adding fuel to the fire, Chelsie's good friend who was also on the show replied.

"@chelsiemcleod Bahaha haahahha when u can finally say triggred as well. ytg"

Chelsie replied, "@rachaelarahill triggered is an understatement tbf."

OK.

This comment really says it all.

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 29 BeFxE7f

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 29 Y4Jem5T

Source

This. I’m starting to wonder if Matt really cheated for Chelsie to be commenting on a post knowing people are trying to figure out why they drifted apart. Maybe it’s only a matter of time before she starts spilling. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned as they say.

Curiositykills

Back to top Go down

Post by appiah01 Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:07 am

Vjeff wrote:

Abbie is smart. WALE and yields are boring af yes, but every property analyst I know is still smart. All scientists believe science is the holy grail of intelligence but it just isn't...just because she didn't understand science doesn't make her any less intelligent than them. Matt and Abbie did get alone and God forbid actually had fun together. As we know Matt's friends were very quick to shut down any idea of Matt being allowed to experience any fun or enjoyment in his life, but honestly they should feel guilty for trying to influence him into the choice they thought was right for him rather than what he actually felt.

I actually wasn't commenting on Abbie's intelligence but more on her intellectual compatibility with Matt. Abbie herself stated on the show that really only Chelsie could match Matt on an intellectual level. Doesn't mean the other women were dumb; they just had other intellectual interests and pursuits. It's not clear if Abbie and Matt had other commonalities apart from physical attraction because that wasn't highlighted. In fact, it really only seemed like Chelsie and he had any real commonalities. That's because we really didn't get to know that much about Matt on the show in my opinion. I also believe that at 32, him choosing a 23 year old would give people serious pause as to just how serious Matt was about finding lasting love. Matty J. commented about his skepticism about Helena being ready for such a serious commitment at 25. Not saying people can't be ready for lasting love and commitment in their early and mid 20s; just pointing out Matty J. voiced skepticism that i'm sure Matt knew others would share.

appiah01

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:19 am

I’m sure at the time Matt had hopes for a lasting relationship with Chelsie, otherwise he wouldnt have said ILY and given her a lovely ring. I remember Chelsie saying they didn’t see much of each other during that time between end of filming and finale which I thought was strange because they live and work close by. Maybe the sexual connection wasn’t there, especially after what Matt experienced with Abbie. JMO and who really knows

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:23 am

Vjeff wrote:

Matt would’ve chose Abbie if he really wanted to. He’s a big boy and can make his own decisions imo. I don’t think Matt choosing Chelsie over Abbie had anything to do with their breakup. So how did Matt actually feel? That’s right, we don’t know! Saying otherwise is just an assumption imo.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:23 pm

Just Looking wrote:...I remember Chelsie saying they didn’t see much of each other during that time between end of filming and finale which I thought was strange because they live and work close by...
The only thing that makes sense to me is Matt chose Chelsie because of his contract. He liked Chelsie enough to make it seem like they were a couple when he was contractually obligated to make an appearance. When production ok’d the break up he contacted Chelsie and ended their relationship JMO

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by potpot712 Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:11 pm

So Chelsie put an Insta story asking people to lay off Matt. She really is a good soul. I think he really did feel something for her, it just fizzled out fast. For Chelsie to say in the insta story "he didn't do anything wrong".... she sort of knows it is probably a case of Bachie bubble bursting. Too bad he didn't make more effort.

potpot712

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykills Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:34 pm

potpot712 wrote:So Chelsie put an Insta story asking people to lay  off Matt.  She really is a good soul.   I think he really did feel something for her, it just fizzled out fast.   For Chelsie to say in the insta story   "he didn't do anything wrong".... she sort of knows  it is probably a case of Bachie bubble bursting.    Too bad he didn't make more effort.

And that makes me mad at him more which understandably is petty

Curiositykills

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:57 pm

Curiositykills wrote:
potpot712 wrote:So Chelsie put an Insta story asking people to lay  off Matt.  She really is a good soul.   I think he really did feel something for her, it just fizzled out fast.   For Chelsie to say in the insta story   "he didn't do anything wrong".... she sort of knows  it is probably a case of Bachie bubble bursting.    Too bad he didn't make more effort.

And that makes me mad at him more which understandably is petty

It makes me wonder, really, if Matt would have been another Honey Badger.

It's starting to make sense to me why the US show always pulls leads from past seasons. IMO past contestants believe in the process, are used to the process, and are committed to the whole thing. I'm not saying they'll all result in couples that *last*, I just think they're just going to be more genuine than pulling in somebody from the outside who probably wants to use the show as a launchpad. A former contestant isn't famous outside of Bachelor Nation/whatevertheequivalentAUtermis, and probably never will be.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by appiah01 Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:12 pm

Oh Chelsie. Too nice for her own good. Matt is a grown man who chose to go on reality TV to look for "love" and then dumped his girlfriend after spending barely any time with her after a couple of months. Maybe he didn't do anything wrong but I'm skeptical that he really gave her his all. In any case, it's so not her job to be his defender and protector. It'll all fizzle out soon enough. It does seem this whole thing has truly backfired on him.

appiah01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

+40
Michdealm
jen689
Agent99
Valancy
appiah01