SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 38 of 66 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 38 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:54 pm

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Bloody Daniel Wellington is all over ex Bach contestants, and probably a whole lot of other nobodies, although I wouldn’t know because the only nobodies I follow are ex Bach alum laugh out loud
Abbie and Britt H definitely have done sponsored posts with a discount code in the last couple of days. Was Carlin doing posts for them before he was on Bette?

Nope, previously he just LOVED Hartley watches - they're are all over his IG and he was wearing them during Bette and prominently displaying them, which he presumably got paid for IMO.  Seems his affections can be easily swayed, for the right price, IMO.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 38 VPipJly

Source

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 38 362kMSy

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 38 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Norcalgal Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:18 am

@Bobette Thanks for bringing over all the stuff from Angie's book as it pertains to her so-called daddy issues. Her father has the coarse skin around his nose that is often seen in alcoholics or chronic smokers. At the end of the day, what makes a relationship work can remain a mystery to outsiders. I just hope her mother wasn't verbally or physically abused as a result of her father's alcoholism (or Angie or her brothers either). IMO, there is no 'perfect' relationship - find someone that makes you laugh and a better person and work through all the rest!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:27 am

Enough wrote:Could be Angie's suitcase
Pretty sure it’s Angie’s suitcase - she just came to Sydney for a few days for work

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:09 pm

Bobette wrote:

IMO Sophie and Stu were a sham.  Matt and Chelsie I'd class as borderline.  If Nick had bowed to pressure to pick someone, that would have been a sham too IMO.  

And then there's the numerous short-lived couples to come out of BiP AU over two seasons.  I haven't seen an AU couple I felt were genuine since Matty and Laura.

I am not going to elaborate on Carlin and Angie, because I think I have made it clear that I think right now they are genuine, even though I do not necessarily see  them together long-term. I agree with you in that  earlier seasons of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette were more convincing. IMO back then the producers still had drama but they also cared about showing a love story, the casting of the contestants reflected that, and IMO that is why there were solid couples and the process was smoother than it has been in later seasons.  

Frankly, right now, IMO, the producers don't really care if couples last or not, therefore, the leads are presented with fewer realistic choices. IMO, the producers are pleased if there is a true love story, but that is not their priority; the producers know that in spite of people's complaints having celebrities as leads still works and most people continue watching the show even if they say they won't do it. In order to continue making profit, the producers lower their budgets, especially for The Bachelorette, and they still make money through sponsors. The last season the product placement was conspicuous. I know there has always been product placement but the last two years it is has increased significantly IMO

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to remove a link and rephrase)

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 38 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:36 pm

ReneeM wrote:
Bobette wrote:The whole dynamic was weird and awkward IMO and I'm intrigued to know what Angie was worried Carlin would write when she told him "just be careful what you write".  Suspect

It's also interesting that she wrote down "distance" so fast, considering it's been speculated upthread that if they do split that would be an easy no-fault excuse to give.
I actually think the reverse is what’s going to happen. I think the distance is giving them both a convenient excuse for not being all in with each other but once they live in the same city they’re gonna be forced to confront the fact that they don’t actually like each other very much. They remind me of Nick & Vanessa from the US version in that sense. Jmo.

You said here, in your words : 'they're are gonna be forced to confront the fact that they don't actually like each other very much' , may I observe that the way you are phrasing your argument makes it IMO come across fact, but that is not  a fact, it is mere speculation; it is your opinion but some of us disagree with that view; IMO  they like each other and love-or seem to believe they do - each other, I just don't know how long that love will last.

In the end it all comes to people's perception and perceptions are subjective but the ones who know what they have are Angie and Carlin and IMHO they are trying to make it work.

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 38 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:49 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@Bobette Thanks for bringing over all the stuff from Angie's book as it pertains to her so-called daddy issues. Her father has the coarse skin around his nose that is often seen in alcoholics or chronic smokers. At the end of the day, what makes a relationship work can remain a mystery to outsiders. I just hope her mother wasn't verbally or physically abused as a result of her father's alcoholism (or Angie or her brothers either). IMO, there is no 'perfect' relationship - find someone that makes you laugh and a better person and work through all the rest!

I haven't read her book and I don't intend to do it; it is not the type of book I would ever read, but where in the book does it say that her father was an alcoholic? Would you be able to quote that? I think she said that she had daddy issues and that she was a workaholic? Perhaps I missed the excerpt in which she says that her father's alcoholism (if there was one) was an issue. Please refer me to it.

Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:11 pm

Genevieve Australia wrote:
ReneeM wrote:
Bobette wrote:The whole dynamic was weird and awkward IMO and I'm intrigued to know what Angie was worried Carlin would write when she told him "just be careful what you write".  Suspect

It's also interesting that she wrote down "distance" so fast, considering it's been speculated upthread that if they do split that would be an easy no-fault excuse to give.
I actually think the reverse is what’s going to happen. I think the distance is giving them both a convenient excuse for not being all in with each other but once they live in the same city they’re gonna be forced to confront the fact that they don’t actually like each other very much. They remind me of Nick & Vanessa from the US version in that sense. Jmo.

You said here, in your words : 'they're are gonna be forced to confront the fact that they don't actually like each other very much' , may I observe that the way you are phrasing your argument makes it IMO come across fact, but that is not  a fact, it is mere speculation; it is your opinion but some of us disagree with that view; IMO  they like each other and love-or seem to believe they do - each other, I just don't know how long that love will last.

In the end it all comes to people's perception and perceptions are subjective but the ones who know what they have are Angie and Carlin and IMHO they are trying to make it work.
I started my sentence with ‘I think’ but I just went back & edited my post for clarity. It is all just my opinion & speculation as I don’t presume to know any of these people yes

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Genevieve Australia wrote:I haven't read her book and I don't intend to do it; it is not the type of book I would ever read, but where in the book does it say that her father was an alcoholic? Would you be able to quote that? I think she said that she had daddy issues and that she was a workaholic? Perhaps I missed the excerpt in which she says that her father's alcoholism (if there was one) was an issue. Please refer me to it.

I was born and bred watching my parents drink too much.  Alcoholism is huge on the Kent side of the family.... All I do now is hope and pray that my father will cut down on the booze.  Maybe after reading this he will.  Maybe not.

Source: Kent, A. If You Don't Laugh You'll Cry Sydney: Hachette, 2019, pp.3-4
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:06 pm

Bobette wrote:
Genevieve Australia wrote:I haven't read her book and I don't intend to do it; it is not the type of book I would ever read, but where in the book does it say that her father was an alcoholic? Would you be able to quote that? I think she said that she had daddy issues and that she was a workaholic? Perhaps I missed the excerpt in which she says that her father's alcoholism (if there was one) was an issue. Please refer me to it.

I was born and bred watching my parents drink too much.  Alcoholism is huge on the Kent side of the family.... All I do now is hope and pray that my father will cut down on the booze.  Maybe after reading this he will.  Maybe not.

Source: Kent, A. If You Don't Laugh You'll Cry Sydney: Hachette, 2019.
Whoa. This sort of thing is so weird to me even though it’s pretty common with people who write books about their lives. I understand that being honest about your life is the entire point but I think the concept of exposing the shortcomings (or perceived shortcomings) of loved ones for public consumption is kinda... icky. Probably why overall I’m not a fan of memoirs in general. All jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:18 pm

@ReneeM  Yeah I certainly won't be reading any more of it - it's quite tacky IMO.  She talks in great depth about her brother's p*nis on page 8 - like damn girl, did we need really that info? (and before anyone asks, no I'm not going to quote the extract - poor guy!)
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:10 pm

Bobette wrote:

Source: Kent, A. If You Don't Laugh You'll Cry Sydney: Hachette, 2019, pp.3-4

Harvard referencing @Bobette? I’m very impressed laugh out loud
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:27 pm

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Harvard referencing @Bobette? I’m very impressed laugh out loud

cantstopl I think I made up my own half-a**ed format there - didn't even bother to italicise the title.  Must be in Holiday Mode. Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 38 2498057887
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 66 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify