SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 52 of 66 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 52 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:00 am

Enough wrote:She said maybe people have an issue seeing others, particularly women, succeed.

“I don’t know how Australia works … I do feel like maybe (there was tall poppy syndrome) a little bit,’’ Kent said.

“They like to see you but don’t like to see you do too well. I know people were like, is she really going to do this. But I like to entertain and feel like life’s an epic adventure.

“People get very funny when you do too much too soon. As a woman you cop it. You should not be getting put down and that needs to change.”

Source

Wow.  Angie has really been drinking her own bathwater if she thinks that's the reason she got voted off.  News flash girl: your dancing was bad and your personality and backstory weren't enough to compensate for it IMO! 

Claudia is a very successful Australian woman.  If anyone was going to qualify as a Tall Poppy it would be her, but she's a great dancer, a wonderful actress, and a likeable person (which is exactly why she'll win, IMO).
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 52 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Enough Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:25 am

So is Dami. She also admitted she can't dance. But she tried. She is still doing other things beside training for the show

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:11 pm

Perfect comment not to take responsibility for your elimination. Blame someone else. She had to find other excuses other than there are others much better than her.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:50 pm

I hate it when people blame their failures on others being jealous. Get over yourself!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:34 pm

'She said maybe people have an issue seeing others, particularly women, succeed.
“I don’t know how Australia works … I do feel like maybe (there was tall poppy syndrome) a little bit,’’ Kent said.'

omg Angie said 'tall poppy' and she's made it gender specific 'women' and she's made it australian. Rolling Eyes
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:08 pm

Did she appear on Studio 10 and The Project on Monday after the elimination? Usually they do

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:11 pm

The tall poppy syndrome comment from Angie is such BS IMO. In short, she wasn't that good, and the audience is fatigued of her. 

3 reality shows in the space of a year is too much for anyone, apart from Hannah Brown, who, despite her faults is a whole lot more interesting and relatable than Angie, IMO.
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:37 pm

I didn't take a screenshot of Angie's Instagram. She said the judges comments were ruthless. Now it has been edited out

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:12 am

Enough wrote:I didn't take a screenshot of Angie's Instagram. She said the judges comments were ruthless. Now it has been edited out

Well fortunately Now to Love were taking notes because they quoted her:

"Having to put yourself out there, yet to do that and go home, it's a hard pill to swallow. I opened up my soul, but the judges just shat all over it," she said.

So what was it Angie, Tall Poppy syndrome (because you're just too successful for Australians to handle  Rolling Eyes ) or poor judging?  Or was it possibly... stay with me here... YOU?

They also got her on record saying she won't be doing any more reality TV.  NO TAKE BACKSIES!

But despite her disappointment, Angie says there is "definitely no more reality TV' for her on the horizon.
"I've hung up my reality shoes," she said.

Not sure exactly what she needs a break from since, as @Enough said upthread, she's not working, which many of the other contestants are doing on top of all the dance training.

Now I can focus on other stuff, just take a bit of a breath, because it was a big year last year, so I want some time to just namaste," said the yoga fan.

Since it doesn't sound like she has any plans to get a normal, productive job I can only guess that means we'll be seeing EVEN MORE advertising and shilling from her in future.  Gotta pay for those fillers somehow.  no no

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:33 am

Bobette wrote:
Enough wrote:She said maybe people have an issue seeing others, particularly women, succeed.

“I don’t know how Australia works … I do feel like maybe (there was tall poppy syndrome) a little bit,’’ Kent said.

“They like to see you but don’t like to see you do too well. I know people were like, is she really going to do this. But I like to entertain and feel like life’s an epic adventure.

“People get very funny when you do too much too soon. As a woman you cop it. You should not be getting put down and that needs to change.”

Source

Wow.  Angie has really been drinking her own bathwater if she thinks that's the reason she got voted off.  News flash girl: your dancing was bad and your personality and backstory weren't enough to compensate for it IMO! 

Claudia is a very successful Australian woman.  If anyone was going to qualify as a Tall Poppy it would be her, but she's a great dancer, a wonderful actress, and a likeable person (which is exactly why she'll win, IMO).

Don't be ridiculous....don't you know the only possible reason someone couldn't think Angie was better than everyone around her is because they are jealous of her success? laugh out loud. I know I would be jealous, if I defined success as going on a string of average reality shows and having paps on speed dial to pay for endless botox and rent a townhouse in Paddo. What an epic adventure of a life they lead. I guess I am just old fashioned because unfortunately my definition of success never involved faking engagement ring shopping with my boyfriend for the Daily Mail while saying it is way too soon to move in together.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:04 am

Everyone's covered it all already (blame sexism! blame jealousy! blame the entire country!) but I just always find it so amusing that she talks about tall poppy syndrome when on Gogglebox she used to make snarky comments on the people she'd watch on TV, including reality tv participants, all the time and that was okay when she did it Rolling Eyes no idea

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:05 pm

@leavers - "blame sexism! blame jealousy! blame the entire country!" we can add 'blame the judges' (with her comment '...the judges shat all over it...'). 

@Bobette - top comment  "...Wow.  Angie has really been drinking her own bathwater..." cantstopl

@enough - "Did she appear on Studio 10 and The Project on Monday after the elimination? Usually they do". Not yet, will be interesting to see if she does.
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 66 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify