SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 40 of 66 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 40 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Idlemess Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:31 pm

I don’t get the attraction to plastic

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 40 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by sprout Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:05 pm

I’m not a fan of enhancements but I don’t look down on those that do choose to do this. Each to their own.
JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:19 am

Idlemess wrote:I don’t get the attraction to plastic

I don't either. I can see if there was something that was out of the norm, a broken nose which was crooked or whatever but I have yet to see anyone that looks so much better after having work done on their face. They all look the same, and no disrespect to anyone but to me it's the Michael Jackson face. Odd shaped mouth that looks like a fish and abnormal cheeks that appear swollen. JMHO

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:28 am

Bobette wrote:
Genevieve Australia wrote:I haven't read her book and I don't intend to do it; it is not the type of book I would ever read, but where in the book does it say that her father was an alcoholic? Would you be able to quote that? I think she said that she had daddy issues and that she was a workaholic? Perhaps I missed the excerpt in which she says that her father's alcoholism (if there was one) was an issue. Please refer me to it.

I was born and bred watching my parents drink too much.  Alcoholism is huge on the Kent side of the family.... All I do now is hope and pray that my father will cut down on the booze.  Maybe after reading this he will.  Maybe not.

Source: Kent, A. If You Don't Laugh You'll Cry Sydney: Hachette, 2019, pp.3-4

Thank you, Bobette! Oh, wow! How sad, so it was not just about his father consuming copious amounts of alcohol but alcoholism sad How sad! Thus far it sees that Angie;s family is remarkably different from Carlin's family. Carlin's parents are very respected people, very low profile, and involved in charities. They are not the 'look at me' type, that is why they decided not to appear on the show (as you know Carlin and I have friends in common). Carlin's parents seem to be very kind people, not the judgemental type which is good for Angie and Carlin. I hope Angie's parents are better now, she says family comes first.

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 40 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:36 am

Bobette wrote:@ReneeM  Yeah I certainly won't be reading any more of it - it's quite tacky IMO.  She talks in great depth about her brother's p*nis on page 8 - like damn girl, did we need really that info? (and before anyone asks, no I'm not going to quote the extract - poor guy!)

She talks about her brother's p*nis? Wow! Do you think that mentioning her brother's genitals was relevant in the book or not at all? Ewwww! I don't want to read it either but now I am curious to know what she says :S   As a rule I don't judge authors (serious, insightful, articulate authors who have written masterpieces ),  for what they publish but Angie is an amateur. Did she actually need to publish this book? Perhaps she felt she had to do it in order to heal herself? :S I don't know what to think! She was on reality TV, if she wanted to write a book, and writing books was her call IMO she could have started before she became a 'celebrity'.

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 40 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by catsamber500 Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:21 am

Genevieve Australia wrote:
Bobette wrote:@ReneeM  Yeah I certainly won't be reading any more of it - it's quite tacky IMO.  She talks in great depth about her brother's p*nis on page 8 - like damn girl, did we need really that info? (and before anyone asks, no I'm not going to quote the extract - poor guy!)

She talks about her brother's p*nis? Wow! Do you think that mentioning her brother's genitals was relevant in the book or not at all? Ewwww! I don't want to read it either but now I am curious to know what she says :S   As a rule I don't judge authors (serious, insightful, articulate authors who have written masterpieces ),  for what they publish but Angie is an amateur. Did she actually need to publish this book? Perhaps she felt she had to do it in order to heal herself? :S I don't know what to think! She was on reality TV, if she wanted to write a book, and writing books was her call IMO  she could have started before she became a 'celebrity'.

I had a "look inside" the kindle version of the book and in chapter two which Bobette seems to be referencing, she was talking about surgeries her brother had to have as a young child (7 by age 6) which meant she spent alot of time with her grandparents while her parents were with Josh at hospital.    Hopefully she got his permission before discussing the details in her book though.  

Source
catsamber500
catsamber500

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:52 am

catsamber500 wrote:
Genevieve Australia wrote:

She talks about her brother's p*nis? Wow! Do you think that mentioning her brother's genitals was relevant in the book or not at all? Ewwww! I don't want to read it either but now I am curious to know what she says :S   As a rule I don't judge authors (serious, insightful, articulate authors who have written masterpieces ),  for what they publish but Angie is an amateur. Did she actually need to publish this book? Perhaps she felt she had to do it in order to heal herself? :S I don't know what to think! She was on reality TV, if she wanted to write a book, and writing books was her call IMO  she could have started before she became a 'celebrity'.

I had a "look inside" the kindle version of the book and in chapter two which Bobette seems to be referencing, she was talking about surgeries her brother had to have as a young child (7 by age 6) which meant she spent alot of time with her grandparents while her parents were with Josh at hospital.    Hopefully she got his permission before discussing the details in her book though.  

Source

Oh, I see. Okay, then, IMO if there were medical issues I see no reason why she shouldn't disclose them if they had a particular impact -negative or otherwise- on her life. Medical issues in the genital areas are not uncommon, especially not in young children. People should be able to discuss them and use names like p*nis and vagina in a non-sexual conversation. If we human beings say mouth, nose, ears, arms, hands, breasts, buttocks, why should we stop ourselves from mentioning the names of our genitals? Those are also the scientific names used in journal articles, books, scientific magazines, and PhD theses. I would expect for the brother to be okay with it, IMO he is fine with it or he wouldn't have been supportive or her.

Admittedly, I wouldn't write a book about my family; my family is a very private family and also considered a notable family so they don't disclose anything positive or negative, they are very very low profile and never show off all they have for it is considered of poor taste.  I am not Angie, though,her family is not my family, and since her family went to the show, I guess they know what her book is about and are fine with it. If that works for them and help them to become closer as a family and learnt from past mistakes,; perhaps the book is what they need now to help them during the healing process. Since it is Christmas I wish them all a very happy Christmas, filled with joy, love,  peace and forgiveness :yes: :yes: :yes: Praying

Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:57 pm

Classic Angie hypocrisy here IMO - criticising viewers for judging "people on TV" (i.e. herself and Carlin) even though she literally did the exact same thing on Gogglebox.  

And she was often NOT kind to the people she was critiquing - in fact she was known for her lack of filter and bitchy quips.  She can dish it out but can't take it, IMO.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 40 WiROu0A

Source

And this.  She presumably wanted people to be invested in her season, but then laughs and mocks them when they are?  Rude.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 40 Q6SWt6P

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:02 am

I’d be annoyed too with these negative comments that keep referring to other contestants and how she should have chosen Timm or Cairan. As she said it’s been months and she and Carlin are together and happy. The relationship is still early days but they seem to be doing ok. JMO

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:26 am

It's the whole Holier than Thou attitude that gets me.  Does she think people have forgotten how she used to talk about Bachelor Leads/contestants when she was on Gogglebox?  Does she not recall referring to them as them "fart sacks"?

Source

There are literally four years' worth of clips of her tearing strips off "people on TV".  And yet now the shoe's on the other foot, she's preaching about the need to be "kind" and acting like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth?  Nup, sorry.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:09 am

@Just Looking I agree.

I didn't watch Angie on Gogglebox but the few times I did watch the show I found most of the time those on it were making fun of the TV shows. Doing this got laughs.
I don't know if Angie made personal negative, hurtful comments on people's social media like she is receiving, but I doubt she did. People don't like her being happy and she deserves to be, as everyone does.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:53 am

Angie made personal negative, hurtful comments often.  She called Dave Hughes "one of the ugliest people I've ever seen", and she and Yvie described Luke from Sophie's season as "special needs George Clooney", to name a couple of examples which come to mind.

On Gogglebox Angie and Yvie were known for being the funny, snarky, bitchy girls, IMO.  That's how she got 'famous', and IMO why she was cast as Lead.  For her to now turn around and expect others to only say kind things to her is hypocritical and unrealistic, IMO.

IMO Angie may need to accept that what goes around comes around and people will have opinions - just like she did in the past - and I'd suggest disabling SM comments might be a better approach than shaming/lecturing people, which is only adding fuel to the fire, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 66 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify