SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Page 66 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 66 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by Amethyst Tue May 26, 2020 1:30 am

IMO Rachel didn't do anything wrong, and in fact was very gracious in her attempts to help Hannah. Having said that, I don't feel that it was in Hannah's best interest to do a live (since a live was how she got into trouble in the first place.) If I were Hannah, I would have gone with a written statement as well. And the statement that she produced after her talk with Rachel was IMO acceptably written. It may not have been the most polished piece, but it did sound like her, which I think is important.

If I were on Hannah's team I'd advise her to lie low for a good chunk of time. Maybe put a few bland posts on Insta of her taking a walk, playing with younger members of her family, a meal that she cooked, etc. And while she is in seclusion, to start crafting a comeback that would put her in a better light, i.e. charity work, pet fostering, etc. I think she should also put some time into thinking about her personal brand, because to me this incident shows that she was seriously off track in that regard. And perhaps some effort into building or rebuilding her relationships within BN would be fruitful as well.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 66 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by iamreal2u Tue May 26, 2020 10:56 am

Amethyst wrote:IMO Rachel didn't do anything wrong, and in fact was very gracious in her attempts to help Hannah. Having said that, I don't feel that it was in Hannah's best interest to do a live (since a live was how she got into trouble in the first place.) If I were Hannah, I would have gone with a written statement as well. And the statement that she produced after her talk with Rachel was IMO acceptably written. It may not have been the most polished piece, but it did sound like her, which I think is important.

If I were on Hannah's team I'd advise her to lie low for a good chunk of time. Maybe put a few bland posts on Insta of her taking a walk, playing with younger members of her family, a meal that she cooked, etc. And while she is in seclusion, to start crafting a comeback that would put her in a better light, i.e. charity work, pet fostering, etc. I think she should also put some time into thinking about her personal brand, because to me this incident shows that she was seriously off track in that regard. And perhaps some effort into building or rebuilding her relationships within BN would be fruitful as well.

I am waiting for her to come back but if she does with the nonsense above that would be disappointing.  I expect a statement expressing why that the term is not acceptable and that she has learned from it.  Maybe she "thinks" she is not racist but she needs to understand and accept that her words matter and that she has examined her heart.

Last edited by iamreal2u on Tue May 26, 2020 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change pissed off to disappointing.)
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by wishesfireworks Tue May 26, 2020 11:47 am

If Hannah is brave enough to say the N word on camera, smile and blame Patrick then she should have the decency to apologize on camera.

Hannah is no beast, she’s a coward. All JMO.

wishesfireworks

Female Posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue May 26, 2020 11:59 am

Everyone is likely tired of hearing it but, Hannah is neither smart nor experienced enough to correct this error without guidance from professionals. The lack of BN Friendships is the least of her problems because she’s got more followers than all of them without them. 

I know BN is very important here for obvious reasons but once again, BN has nothing more to give Hannah. If she is to have a real career, she needs to clean up her fan base and rehabilitate her image and I’m sorry but those tasks are not for amateurs. You wouldn’t let an unqualified person do a surgery on your leg or do a root canal so, you shouldn’t be shopping for an image fixer among people who have no expertise in that area. 

She first needs to figure out what she wants to be if she grows up. If she wants to be queen of BN forever the fix is very different from if she wishes to  pursue opportunities in acting or commercials (IMO she’s too thick for runway but she has a near perfect face for commercials and I’ve always said I believe she has sitcom chops). 

Failure to EFFECTIVELY fix this issue will limit her opportunities going forward. Opportunities that already were not materializing. I know there are people who think it’s no big deal but I can show you full fledged careers that were destroyed for very similar transgressions. Someone who is essentially not even as popular as a solid soap star in an equally limited audience, can forget it. 
All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilo Tue May 26, 2020 12:19 pm

Does anyone have IMDb and can someone tell me if Hannah is still with her agency

Ilo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2020 12:20 pm

Amethyst wrote:IMO Rachel didn't do anything wrong, and in fact was very gracious in her attempts to help Hannah. Having said that, I don't feel that it was in Hannah's best interest to do a live (since a live was how she got into trouble in the first place.) If I were Hannah, I would have gone with a written statement as well. And the statement that she produced after her talk with Rachel was IMO acceptably written. It may not have been the most polished piece, but it did sound like her, which I think is important.

hannah herself said this about putting out a written statement:

"The reason it disappointed me so much that Hannah decided to give a statement is because—her words—'A statement would be insincere.' Hannah said that. 'It felt icky to give a statement,'" Lindsay said. "And I believed her when she said it.
(from the e news article linked on previous page)

if hannah wants to regain the trust and affection of those who are upset with her she needs to comprehensively address the hurt she has caused the black community and raise awareness on the issue of racism. a bunch of carefully crafted PR moves isn’t going to cut it. she has presented herself as someone who is honest & genuine and a follower of jesus and to do anything less is to go against who she is. if she does those things i can give her another chance but if not no way. her first responsibility is to live as jesus has called her to and not to try to salvage her brand for monetary purposes. if she does the former the latter will take care of itself. jmo

Last edited by gabriele on Tue May 26, 2020 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue May 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Ilo wrote:Does anyone have IMDb and can someone tell me if Hannah is still with her agency

IMO she was dropped by her agency. They no longer appear in the bio of her I/G. I do not know the inside scoop so, I cannot be sure it had anything to do with her gaffe but, it appears based on timing, that is likely the case. They truly were not the right agency for her from the start - much too big and inattentive. Problem now is, who wants to take her on with her current baggage? 
All IMO

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilo Tue May 26, 2020 12:44 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
Ilo wrote:Does anyone have IMDb and can someone tell me if Hannah is still with her agency

IMO she was dropped by her agency. They no longer appear in the bio of her I/G. I do not know the inside scoop so, I cannot be sure it had anything to do with her gaffe but, it appears based on timing, that is likely the case. They truly were not the right agency for her from the start - much too big and inattentive. Problem now is, who wants to take her on with her current baggage? 
All IMO
why were they not right for her and i truely hope that this will be all over for her soon

Ilo

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue May 26, 2020 12:47 pm

gabriele wrote:

hannah herself said this about putting out a written statement:

"The reason it disappointed me so much that Hannah decided to give a statement is because—her words—'A statement would be insincere.' Hannah said that. 'It felt icky to give a statement,'" Lindsay said. "And I believed her when she said it.
(from the e news article linked on previous page)

if hannah wants to regain the trust and affection of those who are upset with her she needs to comprehensively address the hurt she has caused the black community and raise awareness on the issue of racism. a bunch of carefully crafted PR moves isn’t going to cut it. she has presented herself as someone who is honest & genuine and a follower of jesus and to do anything less is to go against who she is. if she does those things i can give her another chance but if not no way. her first responsibility is to live as jesus has called her to and not to try to salvage her brand for monetary purposes. if she does the former the latter will take care of itself. jmo

@Gabriel,
Nothing comes across more sincerely, heartfelt and genuine than a well crafted, well implemented PR designed response. We all see them all the time and have absolutely no clue. What you described is a botch job from the 80s or 90s. That’s how crisis management worked years ago but, that is not how it works in 2020 unless you hire a hack. All IMO b

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Tue May 26, 2020 1:00 pm

wishesfireworks wrote:If Hannah is brave enough to say the N word on camera, smile and blame Patrick then she should have the decency to apologize  on camera.

Hannah is no beast, she’s a coward. All JMO.

I didn’t watch the previous bachelor or Hannah’s season, so I don’t know how she got the “beast” label. Was she bad assed on the shows. Did her personality shined like a diamond? What made her stand out and liked by over 2 millions fans.

Just to emphasize the IG numbers, Rachel who was the first POC and Black woman to be the lead on the Bachelor/ Bachelorette shows has under 900,000 fans on IG. Usually the leads numbers are outrageous but I think Rachel’s # as they are is about the color of her skin and the social demographic of the show.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2020 1:16 pm

@Chgohighlife personally i’m not interested in how things appear—i’m interested in actual integrity. none of us are perfect. hannah and i share the same faith and there are pretty clear guidelines for how to deal with our screwups. doing the right thing never goes out of fashion nor is it naive. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue May 26, 2020 1:19 pm

Ilo wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:

All IMO
why were they not right for her and i truely hope that this will be all over for her soon
Hi @Ilo,
If we assume ABC got Hannah her spot on DWTS, and note that her red carpet hosting for the CMA could have been due to her high profile at the time - what did her agency do for her?

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

+77
CHO
iamreal2u
River57
Ilo
Idlemess