SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Page 69 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 69 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by wishesfireworks Wed May 27, 2020 4:08 pm

If Hannah had put out a proper apology then none of us would still be talking about this and Ashley wouldn’t have posted that in regards to Hannah. IMO

wishesfireworks

Female Posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 69 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by wishesfireworks Wed May 27, 2020 4:09 pm

ReneeM wrote:
timfan wrote:I do not think it is fair to compare what Hannah did and what happened with the police to that black man which was awfull what happened to him jmo
It absolutely is imo. I can tell you as a black person who was a fan of Hannah’s that seeing the stories of Christian Cooper & George Floyd, my mind immediately made the connection that Ashley’s post did. That downplaying & minimizing behaviours like Hannah’s is what leads to the more extreme instances that we’ve been seeing in the news.  Jmo.

This 100%.

wishesfireworks

Back to top Go down

Post by wishesfireworks Wed May 27, 2020 4:31 pm

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 69 D6c47910
Just saw this in Ashley’s stories as well. Cowards hiding behind fake burner accounts to send dms like this while cowards like Hannah hides behind her privilege. All jmo.

Source:
https://instagram.com/stories/ashleyspivey/2318397593422833612?igshid=1lkzi6dpilyn0

wishesfireworks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2020 5:04 pm

@wishesfireworks this is disturbing and concerning. ashley sounds very brave. i hope she reports these threats as this is getting out of hand. obviously this situation is much bigger than hannah but i find her silence unconscionable. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by timfan Wed May 27, 2020 5:16 pm

Those people threatning Ashley are crazy she should report them
timfan
timfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed May 27, 2020 5:26 pm

timfan wrote:Those people threatning Ashley are crazy she should report them

@timfan
She really should report them immediately because the problem with mean trash trolls is sometimes they’re serious. 
With fans like that, who needs enemies? 
All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed May 27, 2020 5:42 pm

gabriele wrote:@wishesfireworks this is disturbing and concerning. ashley sounds very brave. i hope she reports these threats as this is getting out of hand. obviously this situation is much bigger than hannah but i find her silence unconscionable. jmo

I noticed Ashley blacked out troll user name(s). It does protect the troll from possible return threat by an Ashley fan. I guess this is Ashley’s way of showing she wants her followers informed of what she receives via DM but isn’t encouraging them to lash out at a specific troll.
Definitely, as you said, this situation is much bigger than Hannah. Hopefully more people will be inspired to speak out about racism and what IMO looks like hate speech directed toward to several BN alumni on SM. I’m all for a paradigm shift on both fronts.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2020 5:50 pm

i think that the good that is coming out of hannah’s debacle is that more in BN are speaking out now about racism. in the grand scene of things that may not seem like much, but if even some of their followers open their eyes to their own unconscious bias then i think it is a win. i don’t know how to bring over stories but cassie, madi and becca tilley all have stories up about racism or george floyd. maybe madi can even reach some of the same people who follow hannah. becca has a pic of helpful book titles to help understand and dismantle our unconscious bias. cassie mentions reading the book white fragility which i hear reccommended often. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by wishesfireworks Wed May 27, 2020 6:13 pm

notarose wrote:
gabriele wrote:@wishesfireworks this is disturbing and concerning. ashley sounds very brave. i hope she reports these threats as this is getting out of hand. obviously this situation is much bigger than hannah but i find her silence unconscionable. jmo

I noticed Ashley blacked out troll user name(s). It does protect the troll from possible return threat by an Ashley fan. I guess this is Ashley’s way of showing she wants her followers informed of what she receives via DM but isn’t encouraging them to lash out at a specific troll.
Definitely, as you said, this situation is much bigger than Hannah. Hopefully more people will be inspired to speak out about racism and what IMO looks like hate speech directed toward to several BN alumni on SM. I’m all for a paradigm shift on both fronts.

The users weren't blocked out on her story, but I blocked them out since they're not members of BN. However those two messages she posted were from burner accounts. I can only imagine the type of DMS Rachel would be getting if she had posted what Ashley posted today... probably even worse.

wishesfireworks

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed May 27, 2020 6:14 pm

wishesfireworks wrote:
notarose wrote:

The users weren't blocked out on her story, but I blocked them out since they're not members of BN. However those two messages she posted were from burner accounts. I can only imagine the type of DMS Rachel would be getting if she had posted what Ashley posted today... probably even worse.

Thanks for clarifying Smiley

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilo Wed May 27, 2020 7:51 pm

i miss Hannah

Ilo

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu May 28, 2020 6:15 pm

The black man who filmed the video about the white woman gave an interview, and I like his response. IMO, the same statement can apply to Hannah, IMO again.

"I think her apology is sincere," Christian Cooper told CNN on Tuesday night. "I'm not sure that in that apology she recognizes that while she may not be or consider herself a racist, that particular act was definitely racist."

He said Amy Cooper had "a moment of spectacularly poor judgment."

"Is she a racist? I can't answer that," Christian Cooper told CNN. "Only she can answer that. And I would submit probably the only way she's going to answer that is going forward. How she conducts herself and, you know, how she chooses to reflect on this situation and examine it."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-filmed-encounter-woman-central-175830335.html

I don’t know if Hannah is a racist but the term she used is definitely racist. It could be a poor judgement in that particular moment  or covert racism.
Hopefully she can learn from it, educate herself and use her popularity as a platform for her passionate fans.

@umngirl  thanks for posting that chart.  Racism can come in any form and shape,  and it doesn’t have to be outward actions, our thoughts count too. It’s not just against black people, but other colors as well. I definitely would examine my own heart and learn to be more compassionate and kind towards others.

All Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

+77
CHO
iamreal2u
River57
Ilo
Idlemess