SELECT CONTENT

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #4

Page 43 of 79 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 61 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #4 - Page 43 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #4

Post by Doggoneit Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:24 am

@HavaDrPepper @Astrobach @suzq One thing for certain, I hope and pray that Tyler and family feel all the love and prayerful thoughts that so many of us are sending their way.
Some of you have had to grow up fast without a parent. I can not imagine. I know Tyler is going to feel a lot of stress in heading back to NYC. I can't imagine. He has been the leader of his family for some time.Whatever he decides, I know his mom would be so proud of him. I know the premiere time in April for Barkitecture is going to be bittersweet for him.
All of the things he is going to feel responsible for is a lot for anyone to handle. I hope and pray for his confidence in making the decisions that may fall on him.
I believe Andrea was going to get married. I don't think the name of the man is out there in the public, but I pray for his peace as well. I can't wait to see what good things their future has in store for them.
I also hope the those guiding Tyler in his career give him grace and time to grieve and heal.
He has great potential and I know he will continue to do impactful things no matter where it is.

Doggoneit

Back to top Go down

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #4 - Page 43 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #4

Post by Norcalgal Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:32 pm

@Doggoneit beautiful post that reflects so many of our sentiments. Thank you.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:12 pm

Just FYI, the boys have decided to start a foundation to honor their mom and there is a link on the Bachsleuthers story.
Here is their message.

“In the wake of this tragic event, we feel compelled to honor our mother. We are developing a charitable foundation so that she can continue to impact others as she has always done; we feel this is the best way to continue her legacy of giving.

In lieu of flowers, we ask that you donate to the GoFundMe account so we can begin our quest of serving others like she had her entire life. Thank you for all of the support and love the community has poured down on us. We are forever grateful. “

-The Cameron Family “

https://www.instagram.com/stories/bachsleuthers/

https://www.gofundme.com/f/in-memory-of-andrea-cameron?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:06 pm

That is great idea but I'm sorry gofundme is not the place to start a charitable foundation.  

First of all, if I were to contribute I would want to know where and how the funds are going to be used. When I saw that last night, it never said anything about how the funds would be used.

I have also worked with foundations/charities before in my professional career and it is a long process to get set up especially for those who want to use the donation as deductions on their tax returns.

They would have been better off going to a local bank and lawyer that could guide them in setting this up.  20 years ago my class reunion wanted to set up a collection for a very ill classmate with the donations being deductible.  A local bank was able to put our organization under a division they had set up that had multiple small organizations under it.  Sort of like a wheel with many spokes, each having its own charitable purpose.

Love the idea boys, but not the execution.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:27 pm

@HavaDrPepper Thanks for your input. I have to admit I know NOTHING about charitable foundations and their set -up, and how ‘Go fund me ‘ acts as a channel to this. I just would think that Tyler, especially with his experience and studies in Economics, would make an informed choice about how to put that together. I think, this is a format that allows ALL the people following them on SM to immediately donate as it gives a user friendly platform to be directed into a more complex Foundation. I’m just the messenger here and trust that he knows what is going on. no idea
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:28 pm

Astrobach wrote:@HavaDrPepper Thanks for your input. I have to admit I know NOTHING  about charitable foundations and their set -up, and how ‘Go fund me ‘ acts as a channel to this. I just would think that Tyler, especially with his experience and studies in Economics, would make an informed choice about how to put that together. I think, this is a format that allows ALL the people following them on SM to immediately donate as it gives a user friendly platform to be directed into a more complex Foundation. I’m just the messenger here and trust that he knows what is going on. no idea

I realize you are just the messenger.  Nothing against you for posting it.

Like I said, great idea. Horrible execution.

I have some thoughts on why I think they went this route but I'll keep them to myself (nothing bad though).

I honestly don't know why they couldn't have talked with the organization that said they were going to set up an award in her name and have the donations go towards that since that was something she was actively involved in.  That organization is already a non-profit, charitable organization.  The boys could also set something up but do it in the right way.

IMO

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:51 pm

@Doggoneit beautiful post, well said. That was very touching. Smiley

@HavaDrPepper ITA good idea, just not the way a charitable foundation IMHO should be opened. From the ones I've been involved in, first you choose a name, register it, prepare formal documentation on who are the board of directors, have a vision and mission, then raise funds explaining how the money will be used. Maybe they've done that but if they did I would think they would have mentioned the name of the foundation.

Since she was in real estate it can be used for something related, top producer, gets $ to donate to their favourite charity, or the one I was involved in, gave scholarships to local high schools for those that made a difference in their community in various ways.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:41 pm

@GuardianAngel

Exactly.

This just seems so rushed to me.  Not to mention the fact that gofundme charges fees for the donations.  2.9% plus $0.30 per fee.  So even if you donate that way, they will not get the whole amount.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:23 am

@HavaDrPepper Are you saying they’re taking 2.9 % + $0.30 FEE per donation?
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:27 am

Astrobach wrote:@HavaDrPepper Are you saying they’re taking 2.9 % + $0.30 FEE per donation?

That's what the first thing I saw said when I googled it.

Per their pricing page at https://www.gofundme.com/pricing

Transaction Fees 2.9% plus $0.30 per donation and this applies to personal campaigns and charity campaigns started in US dollars.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:32 am

Thanks for clarifying. @HavaDrPepper ! Maybe it’s a temporary channel for meeting the demand of friends who were wanting to show their support.
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:00 am

The go fund me was set at $10,000 and last I looked they had already raised $7000. I think this is just a way that they could set up some type of fundraiser in a small way to make people happy to fund for her instead of lieu of flowers. I think over time the family will look into different ways to honor their mother. IMO I am not going to critique what they have done. I am sure they are still devastated from what happened and are doing their best just to try to comprehend the sudden loss of their beautiful mother. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 79 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 61 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #4

+69
Laura Walsh
happygolucky
allykat
atem
Emilia23_12