SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Ruqibabe Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:42 pm

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 58 Screen52
@luvnunity thank you for the reference.. I guess I am stuck on the fact that the second page of that post refers to going to the show for financial perks. It read like prior to the show, Matt wasn't ready for spouse but he is ready now after the clout he received.. jmo

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by bluwavz Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:40 am

https://art19.com/shows/talking-it-out/episodes/867b4406-8f1e-4444-8f95-15e0504d3d78
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19229

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:00 am

I'm glad that Tyler is saying Matt is in a good place mentally. To me, Matt is the big unknown in all of this. If Rachael is his F1, then this has got to be hitting him really hard. BN can give Rachael a hard pass as an influencer, and the show can refuse to give her a role moving forward. But if this is the woman that Matt selected, then ultimately he will need to be the one to figure it out. If he loves her, or even if he just likes her greatly, it can't be easy.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:12 am

Half way in, paraphrasing. Good podcast.

Mike - CH called him to apologize. He told him he had to make a statement.

CH had an opportunity to bring people together, did an awful job. CH is the best media trained person, that's what pi**sed him the most. He can't speak for himself because he toes the company line, but when he spoke to Rachel L he wasn't media trained, he was off the cuff and was passionate behind his words. Mother taught him to call a spade a spade. It was embarrassing for the franchise, for everyone, it was the passion behind his words that hurt him.

Bryan - CH is someone he respected highly but lost all respect, irresponsible and hurtful.
20 plus years of this man been on our TV screens on a show that needs diversity, we finally thought they started to turn the corner, knee jerk reaction, Tayshia, Matt James, he thought ok they are working on it. CH comes out and says this, made him wonder, is this how everyone at the top feels this way? The apology was weak, in his opinion, it should have been in public, show your face. He believes in second chances, but he needs to see the growth, the action, he is too big of an influencer not to lead.

Mike - if the top doesn't feel that way, CH is representing them. He asked CH at one time about a casting a black bachelor, his response something about making viewers happy but didn't answer the question. Mike - They must be representative of America. The show makes black people think you go on that show to find a white person. It's the show's fault.

Bryan - if he wasn't educated on it, he should have said so, but he chose to be defensive. He could have said what he saw on SM was wrong, was bad, I didn't like anything about that, we need to speak to her, but he didn't, he defended her.

Mike- doesn't know much about the Latino cultural, he understands that, but when my Latino friend, if something atrocious happens he can still be his friend.

Millsy said they chose the guy who would bring the best entertainment and revenue and that's why they chose Matt. They are going to loose a whole lot of money, now. He feels bad for Matt. The first black bachelor and he's half white, because they wanted to appease the flack they are getting.

Bryan- CH asking Rachel L if it was wrong, he didn't know, asked her what she thinks, don't put the onus on her, answer the question.

Mike- black people don't get grace, CH asking to give grace. He wants CH to go on TV and speak not only for TB but for all reality TV, and not on IG. Where's the people in charge of CH? They should be making statements.

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:47 am

@GuardianAngel Thanks for the summaty.. was a Matt present during the conversation and which Matt was it??

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:21 pm

https://youtu.be/fXfs8-ONp2Q
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:02 pm

@Ruqibabe oops my mistake. I edited my post. Matt was not there. They were mentioning Matt and that's what I typed. Embarassed

@bluwavz thanks for posting. I wonder how they will be handling this. The 'ette will start filming soon. So he has to be prepared to leave for that. I realize by the time it airs it will be May and perhaps in their twisted minds, having CH back will bring more viewers.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:13 pm

@GuardianAngel Thanks for the summary. I want to believe CH was sincere when he called Mike to apologize but was it really for PR reasons? Does it matter? To me, it does and perhaps going on TV at the end of this season and apologize to all of us - not only for the racist views but for underestimating our intelligence and kindness for all. And an apology for the endless drama would be nice too.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:28 pm

Ruqibabe wrote:@luvnunity thank you for the reference.. I guess I am stuck on the fact that the second page of that post refers to going to the show for financial perks. It read like prior to the show, Matt wasn't ready for spouse but he is ready now after the clout he received.. jmo
I didn't take it like that at all. Tyler's speaking in the present tense but I'm pretty sure he's saying that Matt had been waiting until he was settled financially before he started looking for a serious relationship. Once he finally got to that settled place, he then felt ready to take on the Bachelor role. Matt may or may not have gone on for the clout but I don't think that's what Tyler is getting at here.
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:40 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@GuardianAngel Thanks for the summary. I want to believe CH was sincere when he called Mike to apologize but was it really for PR reasons? Does it matter? To me, it does and perhaps going on TV at the end of this season and apologize to all of us - not only for the racist views but for underestimating our intelligence and kindness for all. And an apology for the endless drama would be nice too.

Re the bold, exactly what Mike was talking about. He should have done that now, instead of behind an IG post.

Also, I have no idea who else CH called, if he did, but I wonder why it was Mike that he called, and did he call every single former cast member who was a POC? Mike didn't say, he just said CH called him to apologize.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:08 pm

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 58 W1LWESKp?format=jpg&name=600x314
Emma Gray✔@emmaladyrose
Won't be tweeting about #TheBachelor tonight unless it's to discuss the push for racial equity and the #FireChrisHarrison movement. @ClaireEFallon and I wrote more about it here: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-bachelor-chris-harrison-racial-reckoning_n_602aaee2c5b6d667582eb47e …
https://mobile.twitter.com/emmaladyrose
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:00 am

https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1361524707028316161?s=20
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+71
Jaybird
AEF
Eagle Eye
2observe
FLChica