SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 57 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 57 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:35 pm

Personally I think Tayshia would be a better host than Rachel. She is also very articulate, but IMO she is warmer and has a way of speaking with people that draws them out and makes them feel validated. I also find her much more charismatic. She is coming off a great season and I think most people seem to like her. While she has responded to the controversy, she has not been a part of it and can still be seen as a neutral party who has experience with the topic.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 57 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Amethyst Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:28 pm

Sprite wrote:Personally I think Tayshia would be a better host than Rachel. She is also very articulate, but IMO she is warmer and has a way of speaking with people that draws them out and makes them feel validated. I also find her much more charismatic. She is coming off a great season and I think most people seem to like her. While she has responded to the controversy, she has not been a part of it and can still be seen as a neutral party who has experience with the topic.

Yes, ITA. I think Tayshia has a terrific career ahead of her in TV, should she want it. I'd like to see her do the ATFR.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:23 pm

Sprite wrote:Personally I think Tayshia would be a better host than Rachel. She is also very articulate, but IMO she is warmer and has a way of speaking with people that draws them out and makes them feel validated. I also find her much more charismatic. She is coming off a great season and I think most people seem to like her. While she has responded to the controversy, she has not been a part of it and can still be seen as a neutral party who has experience with the topic.
I think Rachel would make a great host. She’s warmer than Chris imo and he’s had the job for 25+ seasons. I don’t want her to get it/take it though because I’m tired of the burden being on her to be the racism bandaid for the franchise. But yes, Tayshia would also be great (she did some hosting gigs last week and was amazing & really natural on all of them) and she’s definitely more inoffensive and palatable to the show’s audience. All jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:39 pm

I watch the show with two sides of my brain.  One is still the optimist,  still waiting like Charlie Brown when Lucy has the football, still hoping this time will be different and tptb will actually come through with something akin to romance, bromance, whatever.
The other side is the realist who knows the reality of this show is that it shows us who we are as much as it shows us who the cast/tptb are.

It has been long overdue that these folks be made to  face reality.  I think the Me Too movement and more recently the BLM movement have forced them to look at what's really happening.  Thankfully both these forces for social change are here to stay. The racists, the misogynists, the enablers of hate finally are being called out.  

I would be thrilled if now a few times Lucy is defeated and Charlie Brown gets the win.

Last edited by pavalygurl on Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:09 am

Sharleen's statement: http://www.alltheprettypandas.com/bachelor25/episode6
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:56 am

bluwavz wrote:Sharleen's statement: http://www.alltheprettypandas.com/bachelor25/episode6

I would say that I can't believe some fans went after Sharleen, who is herself a POC, but based on what I've seen elsewhere, I believe it. *sigh*

This was thoughtfully written. I hope that she does continue with her recaps.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:48 am

That was written with such care and thoughtfulness. I hope she continues her recaps, but would understand if she doesn't.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:54 am

Amethyst wrote:
bluwavz wrote:Sharleen's statement: http://www.alltheprettypandas.com/bachelor25/episode6

I would say that I can't believe some fans went after Sharleen, who is herself a POC, but based on what I've seen elsewhere, I believe it. *sigh*

Sharleen is one of the most thoughtful, compassionate people to ever come out of this franchise and it blows my mind that people were accusing her of racism.

Unfortunately, these days instant gratification is rampant. People expect reactions ASAP and don't take into account that not everyone lives for SM, is on SM or on SM 24/7.

Shockingly to many, I actually turn off my cell...and forget to turn it back on! I don't read my texts, messages, Instagram all day. I had a friend get ticked off because I didn't return her text within 15 minutes. I've had to train friends that I may not return their messages for a whole 24 hours. If you are so concerned and you must speak to me...call me...on a land line. I will hear it ring. The cell could be shut off. Deal with it.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:48 am

Here's a paragraph from Sharlene's blog:

In my humble opinion, firing Chris Harrison (or his “stepping aside”) is a Band-Aid, similar to how casting Matt James is proving to have been a Band-Aid. I’m more interested in hard evidence about actual CHANGES being made to production, to the diversity in the employees, to taking steps (overhauling casting and background checks) to avoid this sh*t happening ever again. I’m over The Powers That Be merely airing a conversation about BLM on a 1-on-1 date—how about YOU have that conversation for once. This show needs to grow a pair and stop trying to play both sides, which I genuinely believe is what they’ve been trying to do for awhile now.

I agree with the bolded and come back to what I wrote on Rachael Kirkconnell's thread that I'd be pissed if I were Matt for using my race the way tptb have done this season.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:00 am

Sprite wrote:
Amethyst wrote:

Sharleen is one of the most thoughtful, compassionate people to ever come out of this franchise and it blows my mind that people were accusing her of racism.

Unfortunately, these days instant gratification is rampant. People expect reactions ASAP and don't take into account that not everyone lives for SM, is on SM or on SM 24/7.

Shockingly to many, I actually turn off my cell...and forget to turn it back on! I don't read my texts, messages, Instagram all day. I had a friend get ticked off because I didn't return her text within 15 minutes. I've had to train friends that I may not return their messages for a whole 24 hours. If you are so concerned and you must speak to me...call me...on a land line. I will hear it ring. The cell could be shut off. Deal with it.

I'm the same way. It's not unusual for me to shut off my cell, and I might forget that it's off for a long time.

I also don't like the notion that former leads and cast members have to have a public response to everything. What are they, the White House Press Office? Maybe they just want to think about things, or talk to their partner about it, or pick up a phone and talk to a friend. Why does everything have to be an Insta post? I would think that many or most would eventually respond to the recent events, but to put expectations that they must do so, and on someone else's timeline, using someone else's choice of words, to me is ludicrous and unfair.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:16 pm

IA with the instant cell phone SM responses. One of the reason's I'm not a facebook junkie. Friends would ask why I didn't like or comment their post. After being asked several times I made it clear, I have f/book to keep in contact with my relatives in Italy. I could care less about everyone else's daily posts about the walks they took, or the send this to 10 people to be a millionaire. My cell phone is for work emails and phone calls, the odd text from family and that's it.

Sharleen has always been very rational and open minded in her recaps. I totally see where she's coming from. She is pretty much the only recap I read. She has a life apart from this franchise unlike those that are on SM 24/7 looking for opportunities to trash someone. jmo's but it's getting ridiculous.

I didn't know half of the info posted in the vid in her recap about Rachel. I wonder how much support her family will give her. It sounds like there's a whole slew of people Rachel is going to have to educate.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by luvnunity Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:34 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLH6_NwsIgY/?igshid=1s7vsunynzef2

Tyler on Matt’s lady and his happiness.
luvnunity
luvnunity

Female Posts : 837

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+71
Jaybird
AEF
Eagle Eye
2observe
FLChica