SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 76 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TheBachelor - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 76 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by luvnunity Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:30 pm

@mbl Yes! This has had me side-eyeing the whole thing with Rachael spoiler. It’s super unfair, but at the same time they ran the idea of Michelle making up for lost time and coming in behind and winning. I have lots of reasons why I think the spoiler is false, but if not, how are they gonna spin having the new ladies coming in at a disadvantage?
luvnunity
luvnunity

Female Posts : 837

Back to top Go down

TheBachelor - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 76 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mbl Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:05 pm

@Sprite Thanks for sharing this. It’s very powerful. At the end of the day falling in love is not an opportunity like jobs, education, etc. and who is to say that Matt would have chosen Michelle if she was brought on at the beginning (I also wonder what would have happened if Rachael was held back for 9 days). I just hope the issue of holding Michelle back is discussed, and not pushed under the rug.

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:10 pm

@Sprite I remember seeing that video, too, and it is one of the best examples I can think of privilege. Interesting the leader started with a 2 parent household (economic and emotional privilege), followed by having a father figure in the home. Matt is successful because of his hard work - I can't wait to see more of his mom, as I'm sure she has been instrumental in helping mold him into the man he is today. Thank you so much for sharing.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:13 pm

Thanks for sharing @Sprite. Breaks my heart.

It's as if they originally wanted Katie to be the ette, then last night changed their mind and showed the worst side of her.

Now they are sort of speaking up claiming we don't know all that happened, which to me indicates they are not in favour of Katie being the ette. The telling part to me is they choose to air that part when they were calling her out. If she was still being considered I don't think they would have shown that. Just typing out loud JMO's.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:40 pm

suzq wrote:Is Chris Harrison trying to save his hosting job by going on GMA?  I am glad that he won't be on ATFR, but is he hoping to be back to hosting for The Bachelorette?
It sounds like it from what I’ve read. I don’t know that his timing is very good though. I read Thurs. is when CH will be on GMA but on Monday they will show the debacle of bringing Matt’s dad on the show. We see CH in the preview acting all sorry for Matt when he obviously okayed his dad’s appearance.

I’m sure CH wants to speak before the ATFR with Emmanuel Acho. I read that TPTB have tried a couple times to get Acho to be cast on the Bachelorette but he has declined thus far. I don’t know if they would offer Acho the job of permanent host if he does well on ATFR but I bet CH is worried about that possibility. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:49 am

Rachel wants TPTB to actually take some time off to change things before filming another season.

Rachel Lindsay Says 'Bachelor' Franchise Shouldn't Film Until Chris Harrison Controversy Is Resolved

Funny quote from Emmanuel Acho:

Recently, Acho revealed that he'd actually been approached to be on the show twice, but turned it down.

"I don’t think I could do it," Acho said during an appearance on the Talking It Out podcast with Bachelorette alums Bryan Abasolo and Mike Johnson. Acho revealed he'd been approached in 2017 and then again after the publication of his book, Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man.

"I couldn’t be the Bachelor because I feel like people would judge me," the former NFL star said. "Like, 'You were just kissing her and now you’re kissing her? Why are you so grimy? I thought you were about uncomfortable conversations, not uncomfortable makeouts.' I ain’t got no time for that. I’m like, let me just have my conversations. I don’t need no dream suites, no home visits."

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:53 pm

Here are a few thoughts after reading several great posts upthread... Thank you @Norcalgal for sharing info on Emmanuel Acho's book "Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man" and the subsequent videos. Both are tools I use in the real world to help folks understand and encourage them to be anti-racist allies.

Thank you @Sprite for sharing another video I've used to demonstrate privilege in the real world. Sadly many can't relate to children with food insecurities and those that must work to help with family bills.

It's interesting that 3 of Matt's F4 (Michelle, Rachael, Serena) have the privileges mentioned in the video. They all have parents that are still married with their father in the home, are college educated and were unlikely to have suffered food insecurities. Matt had none of those privileges. After the next episode, viewers may finally understand how Matt's father being absent from the home affected his life. I guess this is the "real" part of reality tv.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:46 pm

@FLChica One thing the video posted by Sprite didn't mention is how privileged we are to speak English, regardless of our race. We have many Spanish speaking farm workers. I address them in Spanish and work hard to communicate in that language, although the younger workers do speak and understand English (and probably laugh at my feeble language skills).

We sold a used car, at a significant discount, to an older worker. I had been exasperated with his slow work pace. He brought his granddaughter to help translate with the legal transfer of ownership. She told us he'd been doing manual labor for 40 years and was 70 years old. My respect for him soared! When everything was signed, he handed her the keys and told her "for your future". I teared up. Antonio has become one of my favorite workers now. I was so glad I had the car serviced and smog checked before the sale.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:39 pm

https://twitter.com/RealitySteve/status/1367227412384276480?s=20
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:21 pm

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1367236677098479625?s=20
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:33 pm

LOL...I wish that just once RS would just lose the teaser and come on and say what he has to say.   TheBachelor - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 76 1f60b

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:10 pm

I read somewhere, can’t remember where, last week they might have a co-host for CH. I could see them keeping him and hiring someone like Tayshia to co-host.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 76 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+71
Jaybird
AEF
Eagle Eye
2observe
FLChica