SELECT CONTENT

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 16 Empty Re: Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by Amethyst Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:10 am

luvnunity wrote:
gabriele wrote:@Amethyst I admittedly overstated the case about the patience of some BIPOC educating others. I realized this before I even read today about the horrid Taylor Nolan revelations. Honestly, this entire franchise from producers to contestants to fans is just too toxic for me. jmo

Yeah.  It’s not fun anymore.  This has gotten too messy.  I just wanna sleuth and leave a heart eye emoji under pics every now and then.

I love your sleuthing as well! want to get back to the point where the most annoying thing about a cast member was that they stole time with the lead. Today has been unbelievable.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 16 Empty Re: Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by luvnunity Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:44 am

I'm calling bs on the Promise Ring "spoiler".  What does being religious have to do with getting a promise ring vs an engagement ring (for a grown woman)?  In the latest promo, we see Matt with an actual Neil Lane engagement ring- they are not in the business of funding and furnishing promise rings.  Matt said he'd call the dad, ala Ben Higgins if he proposed.  Could it be Rachael either told or allowed her family to assume an alternate ending because Dad never got that call?
ETA: Had Matt called Dad, family wouldn't think they didn't get engaged unless Dad said "No". And we see Rachael was pressed for Matt to ask so she could be assured she had it in the bag, so she had to have felt even with Dad's reservations, he would've given his approval.
luvnunity
luvnunity

Female Posts : 837

Back to top Go down

Post by frajosfanofchris Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:09 am

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan
frajosfanofchris
frajosfanofchris

Female Posts : 2303

Back to top Go down

Post by frajosfanofchris Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:32 pm

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan
frajosfanofchris
frajosfanofchris

Back to top Go down

Post by frajosfanofchris Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:19 am

frajosfanofchris
frajosfanofchris

Back to top Go down

Post by redheadmiss Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:44 pm

Rachael Dodged a Bullet he was not ready and sure did not love her enough to work things out. All this other stuff was phony.
redheadmiss
redheadmiss

Female Posts : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:52 pm

I felt bad for Rachel last night. She had obviously lot weight and looked so somber. I thought she handled herself well and owned what had happened--no excuses. The fact that Matt couldn't forgive her and grow with her was sad. Perhaps he was not the best person for her in the long run, given his flat, stunted affect. He could barely even look at Rachael. His mom's stance that love fades, and the fact that Matt took that to be gospel, was concerning. Sure, love has it's ups and downs, but you don't just throw in the towel when times get bad. And Matt's decision not to give Rachel a last embrace also spoke volumes. He came across and a very troubled and broken man.
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1880

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:19 pm

provenceguy wrote:I felt bad for Rachel last night. She had obviously lot weight and looked so somber. I thought she handled herself well and owned what had happened--no excuses. The fact that Matt couldn't forgive her and grow with her was sad. Perhaps he was not the best person for her in the long run, given his flat, stunted affect. He could barely even look at Rachael. His mom's stance that love fades, and the fact that Matt took that to be gospel, was concerning. Sure, love has it's ups and downs, but you don't just throw in the towel when times get bad. And Matt's decision not to give Rachel a last embrace also spoke volumes. He came across and a very troubled and broken man.
:claphands I agree
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:51 pm

Watching Rachel & Matt last night was disconcerting. Her apology to him that she was sorry he had to explain to her how he felt as a black man showed their elemental disconnect, there was no hope for them to continue a relationship. He just repeated several times that it was something she had to work on herself sounded planned and he could not think of anything else to say, he was DONE when they broke up. His mother telling him Love wasn't enough gave him the perfect excuse to remove himself and not try to work things out. I doubt he will ever get past his mother & father's failed relationship enough to commit to loving anyone. Rachel seemed to be holding out hope so it made it even sadder when he would not even hug her goodbye imo.

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by redheadmiss Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:24 pm

He had already moved on from the social media to Heather IMO. He is not emotionally mature IMO. She is a beautiful young women and to be treated as she was there is no excuse IMO. This stuff about her in a hoop dress on a lawn is just an excuse IMO. How many really knew anything about this plantation stuff. I am much older than she is and I had no clue what they were even talking about. He was never going to be in a good relationship because of his baggage IMO.

Last edited by ReneeM on Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Opinions, not facts.)
redheadmiss
redheadmiss

Female Posts : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:27 pm

Just a reminder to state things that aren’t facts as your opinion yes.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by lightredemption Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:39 pm

I really don't understand the conflation between 'couple standing by each other in tough times' and 'a black man having to stay with someone who has displayed acts of racism and ignorance in the past.' There is such a clear difference IMO and Matt, as a black man impacted by racism, shouldn't have to be the one to hold Rachel's hand and guide her through the process. I thought it was tremendously unfair of her to talk to him as though he was her one shot at true love and now, because he doesn't want to be with her she's never going to be able to love again etc. On top of everything else, why is she trying to make him feel guilty for that too?
lightredemption
lightredemption

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

+42
Sprite
Jane Austen
dee
lightredemption
Luvstruck