SELECT CONTENT

Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion  - Page 14 Empty Re: Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion

Post by appiah01 Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:03 pm

Something seems very wrong with Katie. She lacks any sort of empathy and is extremely immature, selfish and very, very self-centered. And John. Wow. What an awful way to begin a relationship. By all accounts, Blake and she had an amicable, cordial breakup. And yet neither Katie nor John had the decency to give him a heads up before their extremely juvenile relationship announcement after breaking off an engagement a milisecond ago? Just awful.

But hey, she's getting the attention which she so very clearly desperately craves so...all worth really hurting a nice guy.

appiah01

Back to top Go down

Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion  - Page 14 Empty Re: Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:24 pm

@albean99 I was also thinking that Katie and Peter would be perfect. A couple of shallow people obsessed with sex.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:04 pm

Loulou

Female Posts : 966

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:12 am

Sprite wrote:@albean99 I was also thinking that Katie and Peter would be perfect. A couple of shallow people obsessed with sex.

They're both sex positive Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion  - Page 14 3806527698
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:59 pm

Sprite wrote:@albean99 I was also thinking that Katie and Peter would be perfect. A couple of shallow people obsessed with sex.
I feel the need to defend Peter a little. Yes, he is a f**kboi, but as long as the women he meets are aware of that, he is pretty harmless. I can’t remember a time when he was intentionally mean to anyone. With all his flaws, he seems like a kind person.

Compare that to Katie’s unnecessary cruelty towards Blake. I have to agree with those who say she lacks empathy.
JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:27 pm

I don't know if I agree about that, @blueblues. Peter was pretty self-absorbed when it came to Hannah Ann, Madison, and Kelley, imo.

I definitely think that Katie should have given Blake a heads up on her announcement. I can't blame John for not doing it. It wasn't for him to do, imo.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:47 pm

albean99 wrote:I don't know if I agree about that, @blueblues. Peter was pretty self-absorbed when it came to Hannah Ann, Madison, and Kelley, imo.

I definitely think that Katie should have given Blake a heads up on her announcement. I can't blame John for not doing it. It wasn't for him to do, imo.
Peter was a very weak Bachelor, who did whatever TPTB told him. He shouldn’t have proposed to HA after Madison left, and he shouldn’t have agreed to a one-sided showmance with Madi when he had already started things with Kelley.

But being weak is one thing, being ruthless like Katie is another. She planned “12 Days of Messy”, probably because she was losing followers. That would never have happened if she had any kind of respect for Blake. She could have waited a month to announce the relationship with John.
JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:19 pm

albean99 wrote:I don't know if I agree about that. Peter was pretty self-absorbed when it came to Hannah Ann, Madison, and Kelley, imo.

I guess it’s just a question of how much intent matters, if it even does at all. To me, while Peter does things I don’t like or agree with, the difference between him & Katie is that Katie seems to be intentionally cruel. Also, Katie’s not a nice person imo, even outside of romantic situations. Refusing to pronounce Marie Kondo’s last name saying it’s too hard (read: too Asian), saying Thomas is a guy you take to the FS not a guy you marry (basically saying Thomas is only good for sex), her rude response to Magi after Magi was annoyed Katie couldn’t name 5 African countries even though she lived with Magi for weeks & follows Magi on SM & Magi has posted about the civil war in her home country & not being able to be in touch with her family, when she told the WOC at the WTA that the racial abuse they were complaining about was ‘karma’, the list goes on. Peter is a terrible partner & no woman should ever date him. But Katie strikes me as someone who’s simply not a nice person overall. All jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:18 pm

ReneeM wrote:
albean99 wrote:I don't know if I agree about that. Peter was pretty self-absorbed when it came to Hannah Ann, Madison, and Kelley, imo.

I guess it’s just a question of how much intent matters, if it even does at all. To me, while Peter does things I don’t like or agree with, the difference between him & Katie is that Katie seems to be intentionally cruel. Also, Katie’s not a nice person imo, even outside of romantic situations. Refusing to pronounce Marie Kondo’s last name saying it’s too hard (read: too Asian), saying Thomas is a guy you take to the FS not a guy you marry (basically saying Thomas is only good for sex), her rude response to Magi after Magi was annoyed Katie couldn’t name 5 African countries even though she lived with Magi for weeks & follows Magi on SM & Magi has posted about the civil war in her home country & not being able to be in touch with her family, when she told the WOC at the WTA that the racial abuse they were complaining about was ‘karma’, the list goes on. Peter is a terrible partner & no woman should ever date him. But Katie strikes me as someone who’s simply not a nice person overall. All jmo.

When all of these situations involving Katie are brought together, as @ReneeM does so well, it really paints an unflattering picture of her. And I’m being nice when I say unflattering. She will date John for as long as it suits her & then she’ll discard him. She may “like” him for now, but he also serves a purpose for her.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:11 pm

Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion  - Page 14 09518b10
Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion  - Page 14 2688e710
Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion  - Page 14 25378d10
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by appiah01 Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:28 pm

Umm, the fact that John thought this was a great idea is just...oof. His GF chose to do "Twelve Days of Messy" and he did a lovey dovey Tik Tok reel. That was what they thought was the most responsible way to deliver the message of their burgeoning relationship? Here's a newsflash- people may speculate if he takes her out to dinner but people would get over it because no one truly cares that much about other people's lives. They courted attention, got attention, and are now upset that it wasn't the overwhelmingly positive response that they expected.

A word to the young and unwise: say less.

appiah01

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:08 pm

I have no real objection to John. I just think out of common decency they should have waited 2-3 months after the end of Katie's engagement to go public. Take a breath, for crying out loud. So what if you don't go out to dinner for a while? The speed and manner in which they went public is what is drawing the negative attention. Of course Blake would be confused and hurt by all of this.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion

+27
Loulou
appiah01
ReneeM
jojo47
ariwolf