SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3 - Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Fri May 06, 2022 6:51 am

Hi Jo nice to see you still visit our forum on the regular and thanks for linking us in your article.   hi

TV star drops major clue he's going to be the Bachelor: ABC breakfast host Tony Armstrong announces he's taking a 'few weeks off' as new season begins filming on the Gold Coast... after fans said he'd be perfect for the role

Bachelor fans went into overdrive on Friday when a TV host widely tipped to be the new suitor announced he was taking time off work for an unspecified project.

Former AFL player-turned-ABC News Breakfast sports presenter Tony Armstrong has for several months been one of the bookies' favourites to hand out roses this year.

At the end of the day's broadcast, the 32-year-old told his colleagues Lisa Millar and Michael Rowland he would be stepping away from the couch 'for a few weeks'.

The timing of his exit is telling given the new season of The Bachelor is scheduled to begin production on the Gold Coast any day now.

While he didn't reveal his plans for the break, co-anchor Rowland made a telling remark about Armstrong's mind being elsewhere during his last day at work.

'We've given Tony a break from presenting his final sports report because your mind is starting to turn... elsewhere as you finish your shift today,' he said.

Choosing his words carefully, Armstrong replied: 'It's, er... I'm, er, taking a few weeks off the News Brekky couch. The great Catherine Murphy will be filling in for me.'

Not sure three posts really qualifies as "overdrive" though... 3 - Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 3806527698

ETA:  Just pointing out that I suggested Tony back in January last year so if he is Lead I'm totally taking credit for planting the seed, while simultaneously denying any responsibility for trashing Tony's career because I also said he'd be an idiot to do it.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

3 - Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Fri May 06, 2022 8:37 am

Refresh my memory someone - did they shoot some of Pilot Pete's season at this resort?  It's booked out for all of May and a half of June/July.  Hmmmmm....  Not sure Ch 10 could afford it though (unless they've got shedloads of sweet jobkeeper profits Hugesmile ).

3 - Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 MDeE1tM
3 - Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 PglPmZc
3 - Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 SMsW7RL
3 - Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 MypumXM

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Fri May 06, 2022 9:47 am

Bobette wrote:Refresh my memory someone - did they shoot some of Pilot Pete's season at this resort?  It's booked out for all of May and a half of June/July.  Hmmmmm....  Not sure Ch 10 could afford it though (unless they've got shedloads of sweet jobkeeper profits  Hugesmile ).

3 - Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 MDeE1tM
3 - Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 PglPmZc
3 - Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 SMsW7RL
3 - Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 MypumXM

Source

Yep! I think its where they were staying when they did the Fantasy Suite dates.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri May 06, 2022 10:01 am

That's right!  They had all three girls sharing that one suite.  Totally normal and not weird at all.  3 - Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 3806527698
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri May 06, 2022 4:50 pm

thumbsup

Thanks JO SCRIMSHIRE FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10788361/ABC-News-Breakfast-host-Tony-Armstrong-sparks-rumours-hes-going-Bachelor.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflylove Fri May 06, 2022 6:39 pm

Well, well, well.. that is a very interesting development @Bobette. First US bach and now potentially a whole season being filmed there for our Bach. Pretty perfect placement on the GC if you ask me - not right down in the heart, so some seclusion. Definitely giving more relaxed vibes and plenty of opportunity for some contestant fun with the lagoon etc.

ETA: Just had a look for some shorter night stay options, and May 21-29 is completely option and available. But I do reckon it's limited options and quite a few rooms are already booked out because other than that week, it's still pretty booked if you want more than 2 nights. The resort in total has 251 rooms to give an idea.
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri May 06, 2022 9:57 pm

@butterflylove It's not out of the question for it to be booked out by the public; people do seem desperate to travel now that all covid restrictions have unfortunately been abandoned.  

Also not sure the AU producers would could afford it, but I agree it's a perfect location. If I could be bothered I'd check out the bookings for smaller resorts in the area. Alas, I cannot.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflylove Fri May 06, 2022 11:04 pm

Bobette wrote:@butterflylove It's not out of the question for it to be booked out by the public; people do seem desperate to travel now that all covid restrictions have unfortunately been abandoned.  

Also not sure the AU producers would could afford it, but I agree it's a perfect location.  If I could be bothered I'd check out the bookings for smaller resorts in the area. Alas, I cannot.  laugh out loud

And I guess we can't rule out them purchasing / renting a mansion of some sorts either.. hopefully we get something soon because we're a week in May and nada.
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat May 07, 2022 12:22 am

Yes, a mansion (or two) is a definite possibility.  I was thinking with no Paradise on the cards they might try to blend the two and go with somewhere more resort-like, but even on the GC the winter weather probably doesn't lend itself to chats by the pool in their bikinis.  I hope we get something soon; I thought they'd at least have announced the Lead by now.  Maybe castings were a disaster and they're still scrambling for contestants.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflylove Sat May 07, 2022 12:50 am

Bobette wrote:Yes, a mansion (or two) is a definite possibility.  I was thinking with no Paradise on the cards they might try to blend the two and go with somewhere more resort-like, but even on the GC the winter weather probably doesn't lend itself to chats by the pool in their bikinis.  I hope we get something soon; I thought they'd at least have announced the Lead by now.  Maybe castings were a disaster and they're still scrambling for contestants.

I've just done a weekly check-in on the potential contestants thread, and WB hasn't followed anyone new in a week - so maybe we now have a set cast?
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat May 07, 2022 1:17 am

@butterflylove :fingersarecrossed

Election campaign coverage is driving me nuts. I need a distraction. laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflylove Sat May 07, 2022 7:49 am

The Herald Sun have picked up the "Tony for Bachelor" murmurs.. which they usually wouldn't do unless there was some weight behind it... 🧐 so kinda maybe expecting an announcement this week - warming up to the idea in the HS first.

The Herald Sun wrote:Just who the elusive Bachelor is or what twists 10 has in store are still a mystery although rumours persist that sports presenter Tony Armstrong is a possibility.

Armstrong hosed down the idea in March describing it as a dumb rumour. "I can’t imagine having to go through what they go through on The Bachelor in front of Australia. That is my idea of a living nightmare.”

They have also said filming is set to begin in the next few weeks as opposed to DM saying the next few days.

ETA: As I've had some more time (and a sleep) to think about it.. Tony's comments were made in March, not over the weekend since he announced himself he was taking time away from the ABC. March, 2 months ago. A lot can happen in two months, and a lot can be promised and worked out. 2 months ago we only had rumours of the season being filmed on the GC. Majority of the girls WB has followed have good careers - they're being cast / followed for a reason. I reckon if Tony was to become Bach it would be a stipulation - less influencer, more career orientated.
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 10 - TBD - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+9
Loulou
Agent99
Dirty Street Pie
Sprite
leavers