SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Page 1 of 50 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion Empty The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Post by Admin Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Please discuss the edit in this thread. 👋
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion Empty Re: The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Post by Admin Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Bloomers wrote:
nanab wrote:I posted this on another thread also, but I am surmising that all the guys did some kind of competition in the Bunker below the Greenbrier because it seems a reasonable tie-in to Hunger Games. Maybe they played war with paintball or lazer tag. Last one standing gets the evening with Emily...all speculation of course!

They have done this scenario before, notably with F4 Wesley from Jillian's season. Since Jillian really, really was crazy about country singers, I suspected Wesley's partner and he were helped along on their scavenger hunt so that they won. She was then able to pick him for a long 1-1 dinner date in the vault. It wasn't much of a secret that Wesley would have ended up higher than F4 except that he didn't want to be. He told her he wouldn't marry her. He wanted to go home and record his CD, and they framed him as the one who had a girlfriend back home when he didn't.

nanab wrote:
Bloomers wrote:
nanab wrote:I posted this on another thread also, but I am surmising that all the guys did some kind of competition in the Bunker below the Greenbrier because it seems a reasonable tie-in to Hunger Games. Maybe they played war with paintball or lazer tag. Last one standing gets the evening with Emily...all speculation of course!

They have done this scenario before, notably with F4 Wesley from Jillian's season. Since Jillian really, really was crazy about country singers, I suspected Wesley's partner and he were helped along on their scavenger hunt so that they won. She was then able to pick him for a long 1-1 dinner date in the vault. It wasn't much of a secret that Wesley would have ended up higher than F4 except that he didn't want to be. He told her he wouldn't marry her. He wanted to go home and record his CD, and they framed him as the one who had a girlfriend back home when he didn't.

IMO tptb should always tell contestants before they are selected who the F1 will be, so they won't waste a spot if they have no interest in the lead. Getting them to own up to their true intentions is a whole other issue! Lie detector tests? :cutesmile!: That is, of course, if tptb actually WANT to fill all the slots with well-intentioned people... rofl rofl

ETA: forgot to add - I personally would really like for them to have the games in the Bunker because I don't know when I'll get a chance to visit it myself!

Bloomers wrote:
nanab wrote:
Bloomers wrote:

IMO tptb should always tell contestants before they are selected who the F1 will be, so they won't waste a spot if they have no interest in the lead. Getting them to own up to their true intentions is a whole other issue! Lie detector tests? :cutesmile!: That is, of course, if tptb actually WANT to fill all the slots with well-intentioned people... rofl rofl

Here is the issue with that! Way back when, we knew that that there were certain types that the producers wanted very badly on the show. They really wanted them as leads, but if they couldn't get them as leads, then they would settle for having them as contestants, and when they could get those types, those guys' intentions didn't particularly, imo, come into play.

One, they wanted very badly to have a doctor. We got Dr. Travis. Dr. Travis was finishing up his residency at Vanderbuilt University. He had 6 months to go, and then - at that point, he had this ideal in his mind to go to the Colorado mountains. The truth be told, none of this included a wife or a finacee'. Dr. Travis had to be talked into taking the role.
He and Sara asked for a week of peace from the media while they figured out what they were going to do after the show finished airing. They made an announcement that they would remain friends, so of course there was no ATFR. Travis said that he didn't want to take Sara away from the family she so loved in Tennesse.

The word came out that they wanted a singer. It didn't have to be a country singer. It could have been pop. They just wanted a singer. What they evidently could snag was Wesley. He had plans to record at a certain point, and he was determined he was going to be back to record at that date even if it cut short his time on the Bachelor. Recording was Wesley's top priority - not finding a woman or romance.
BTW, Wesley was upfront from the gitgo with them about the recording date, but they wanted a singer. However when push came to shove, Wesley paid for it with his edit - not that Wesley wasn't rough around the edges because he was. However, they helped him to look bad!

The next thing we heard was that they wanted an athlete. We heard that they wanted both a male and a female, but they couldn't get any of the big names for leads. What they got was Roberto who played minor league ball.
Roberto turned out to be a winner for them, though, in terms of attitude that jived with storyline.

Bloomers wrote:
San wrote: 👋 Bloomers! Are you ready for an Edit thread for this season yet?

Sure! We don't know what they are doing yet in terms of storyline, etc., but we can throw all of the kinds of things we are discussing here on that thread, especially for newer folks who might like to know some of the past background. It helps to understand sometimes how in this show we got from there to here in the way they do things.

Do you want to open it, San? If you want to, you can move these posts over there when you get the thread open. :Smiley:
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion Empty Re: The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Post by Love_Me Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:34 pm

I think Emily will get a great edit no matter who she ends up picking. I feel her F1 will be someone the majority of the fans will actually be rooting for. JMHO
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:45 pm

Love_Me wrote:I think Emily will get a great edit no matter who she ends up picking. I feel her F1 will be someone the majority of the fans will actually be rooting for. JMHO

ITA. TPTB decided that Emily Maynard was getting a fairytale before they even started filming this season. Man oh man though, they're putting a lot of hopes on her just based on the tweets, I bet she's going to feel some wrath if she really screws up here in choosing.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lstiff Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:54 pm

I am so naive in thinking that they go through the process & pick F1 after getting to know them! What if they actually fall in love with another person? As much as I adore Emily I think Brad would have had a better chance with Chantel. I think Jason knew he loved Molly but chose Melissa too early?? Crazy! I am thankful to have you all to help me understand!! I think JP & Ashley are perfect & cute & truly in love! Just a lucky pick? Hmmph

Avatar made by Kikill. #TeamJef :Drinkwater:
lstiff
lstiff

Female Posts : 632

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:02 pm

lstiff wrote:I am so naive in thinking that they go through the process & pick F1 after getting to know them! What if they actually fall in love with another person? As much as I adore Emily I think Brad would have had a better chance with Chantel. I think Jason knew he loved Molly but chose Melissa too early?? Crazy! I am thankful to have you all to help me understand!! I think JP & Ashley are perfect & cute & truly in love! Just a lucky pick? Hmmph

I don't think TPTB pick the F1 or the lead must pick them the first night. But it is belief that the F4 are picked early on, and it usually doesn't stary too far from that, though at times it does (ex....William was probably one of Ashley's F4, and Ryan too).

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Love_Me wrote:I think Emily will get a great edit no matter who she ends up picking. I feel her F1 will be someone the majority of the fans will actually be rooting for. JMHO

Alanna wrote:

ITA. TPTB decided that Emily Maynard was getting a fairytale before they even started filming this season. Man oh man though, they're putting a lot of hopes on her just based on the tweets, I bet she's going to feel some wrath if she really screws up here in choosing.

The speculation during Ben's season was that much like Ali's good edit following the bad Jake/Vienna edit, Emily's edit will also be good following the horrible Ben/Courtney edit. It will be like the proverbial "breath of fresh air" (just to make a point), and the fans will be receptive and greatful, so the reasoning goes...

We are only getting the tweets and seeing the pictures. It may be a different story when they add the storylines! That is just a bit of editory caution.

I wish now that I had somehow hung on to an article that was posted where someone tried her hand at explaining why the bad girl/guy wins. I really didn't go along with all of it, but I agreed with a lot of it.

What she stated that I wholeheartedly agreed with is that the producers are interested (in varying degrees) in mucking up the F1 in many seasons and making the F2 look good or even enticing (my word) because they have the F2 in mind as the next lead. This next part is mine - they will give the F3 a wonderful edit with the same idea as a possiblility as well.

Now, with Emily's season because it is following such a horrible F1 edit, we may get another Ali F1/F2 edit where what we knew of the F1 (Roberto) was good, and the bunch that we knew of the F2 (Chris) was wonderful.
Or....we might get a slightly mucked up F1 ( some but not too bad) and still a wonderful F2 or F3.
The last possibility is if Emily is boring as a lead, then the drama has to come from somewhere, so the F1 might be a good edit, but the F2 might be a real rip snort! The kicker would be that the audience would be afraid that Emily was going for the bad boy, the F2.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by skitts Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Bloomers...first I've heard this...what's a 'rip snort'? giggling
skitts
skitts

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm of the mind that Emily might "know" more about her guys than your average lead. I would even wonder if she didn't have her top guys in mind going into night one, and then depending on the M&Gs and their personal chemistry, she changed out one or two.

They need a grand slam this season. Everyone wants her to find love. Something horrid would have to happen and the blame would have to be heaped entirely on the contestant's shoulders, not Emily's, from an editing standpoint for any ending other than another Ash/JP to fly with the audience.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:40 pm

veg_out wrote:I'm of the mind that Emily might "know" more about her guys than your average lead. I would even wonder if she didn't have her top guys in mind going into night one, and then depending on the M&Gs and their personal chemistry, she changed out one or two.

They need a grand slam this season. Everyone wants her to find love. Something horrid would have to happen and the blame would have to be heaped entirely on the contestant's shoulders, not Emily's, from an editing standpoint for any ending other than another Ash/JP to fly with the audience.
Agreed, I'm sure TPTB did their best but T/R and J/A are 10 years apart. Chances that TPTB got lucky again so soon? Ehhhhhh... :greenman: I overall agree that the contestants will pay most heavily but Emily will too if she goes for an Ed while a Roberto/Ryan/JP is hanging around.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:40 pm

Bloomers wrote:

Alanna wrote:

The speculation during Ben's season was that much like Ali's good edit following the bad Jake/Vienna edit, Emily's edit will also be good following the horrible Ben/Courtney edit. It will be like the proverbial "breath of fresh air" (just to make a point), and the fans will be receptive and greatful, so the reasoning goes...

We are only getting the tweets and seeing the pictures. It may be a different story when they add the storylines! That is just a bit of editory caution.

I wish now that I had somehow hung on to an article that was posted where someone tried her hand at explaining why the bad girl/guy wins. I really didn't go along with all of it, but I agreed with a lot of it.

What she stated that I wholeheartedly agreed with is that the producers are interested (in varying degrees) in mucking up the F1 in many seasons and making the F2 look good or even enticing (my word) because they have the F2 in mind as the next lead. This next part is mine - they will give the F3 a wonderful edit with the same idea as a possiblility as well.

Now, with Emily's season because it is following such a horrible F1 edit, we may get another Ali F1/F2 edit where what we knew of the F1 (Roberto) was good, and the bunch that we knew of the F2 (Chris) was wonderful.
Or....we might get a slightly mucked up F1 ( some but not too bad) and still a wonderful F2 or F3.
The last possibility is if Emily is boring as a lead, then the drama has to come from somewhere, so the F1 might be a good edit, but the F2 might be a real rip snort! The kicker would be that the audience would be afraid that Emily was going for the bad boy, the F2.

I agree with everything here! But I definitely think they are looking for the next Bach to come out of this season. My money is on another Ali season where F1 is edited good (even if he might not be) but F2 and F3 are wonderful. JMO

noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by lstiff Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:53 pm

veg_out wrote:I'm of the mind that Emily might "know" more about her guys than your average lead. I would even wonder if she didn't have her top guys in mind going into night one, and then depending on the M&Gs and their personal chemistry, she changed out one or two.

I agree! I also love how they announced who the ette was prior to casting! If they are serious about her finding love, they absolutely let her know as much as possible about the guys prior to m&g night. I just hope it works this tine. We all want a fairytale! :) Trista & Ryan are a good outcome, it is possible! :)

Avatar made by Kikill. #TeamJef :Drinkwater:
lstiff
lstiff

Female Posts : 632

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 50 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

+93
Bronwyn
Starshine_16
mandmmom2
mnmhughes
Tiggerlgh