SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Page 2 of 50 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Post by Bloomers Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 pm

skitts wrote:Bloomers...first I've heard this...what's a 'rip snort'? giggling

He would be a bad boy of the first caliber. He would show his butt a time or two figuratively speaking in the house, but Emily would never see it, and she would continue to take him right on along.

Ryan was annoying to the guys, but a rip snort is a different kind of guy altogether.

In the classroom, that is the kid that causes chaos when the rest of them are trying hard to do their work/and or stay out of trouble.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Post by veg_out Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:46 am

I guess that I'm curious about the number of times they're going to play the villain-in-disguise card. Since Jill's season, it's been a major theme. Most of the leads luckily escaped the villain or took no interest in him/her, except for Jake and Ben. Usually, by F6, that person has been cut, the same time that relationships become "serious." Jill took Wes to F4

If the show plays out the same scenario in back-to-back seasons, we've already had the lead fall for the villain only for him to leave (Bentley/Ash) or be chosen as the F1 (Ben/Courtney).

I hope to goodness that they've retired this storyline. We need some happy.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:41 am

This is MF we're talking about. He lives and breathes drama/ratings. Love stories are never his agenda.

Will Em get a good edit - most likely, but only because her personality isn't over the top. She is naturally reserved and quiet.

MF will get the drama from the guys, come hell or high water. And if that means casting a villian (aka Rated R, Wes, Bentley, David Goode) to pull one over on Em he will do it.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:05 am

I agree, anders, that this season will most likely have a villain. Since it follows narrative structure, it will need those supporting characters to round out "the fairytale." Maybe this season though the villain won't play as pronounced a role as s/he has in the past two seasons. Maybe Emily's conflict will be separate from the villain, kinda like Ali/Justin Rego, instead of so closely tied into him, like Bentley/Ash or Ben/Courtney.

You're right that MF is an MFer, but I think he'll go easier on Emily than his past girls.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:21 am

anders wrote:This is MF we're talking about. He lives and breathes drama/ratings. Love stories are never his agenda.

Will Em get a good edit - most likely, but only because her personality isn't over the top. She is naturally reserved and quiet.

MF will get the drama from the guys, come hell or high water. And if that means casting a villian (aka Rated R, Wes, Bentley, David Goode) to pull one over on Em he will do it.

Because the editing was so absolutely horrid with Courtney, and because it is more than obvious how badly they wanted Emily and from the tweets how much they are liking her, I would go with the F2 down the line "pulling one over on her" more than I would the F1. I don't think we will see an Ed this season. I think if the producers "know" the goods about someone, they are going to subtley clue her in rather than to let a good ending go.

I am not naive enough at all to think we are going to get a Trista season - never again. In looking back on that one there was very little drama. Hardily anyone got really a bad edit. F3 Russ didn't get a good one, but compared to what the edit does now to people, he didn't get too bad of an edit. F2 Charlie was a smooth talking, good looking charmer, but that certainly wasn't a bad edit. The rest of the guys looked like Boy Scouts, especially the guy who fixed the bus tire when it went flat on their way to the group date, and then she didn't even give him a rose at the next Rose Ceremony. ( Hey, Love, what happened to my little Skeptical emoticon - the little yellow one with the raised eyebrow?)

There is going to be drama, and somebody is going to get a negative edit. It may be the model who equated marriage and funerals in the same breath in an article. That doesn't speak favorably or bode well, imo, for someone who appears on a dating show in which the Bachelor is expected to propose marriage at the end to the Bachelorette if she chooses him. I think he has a target on his back already. I guess we'll see if I am foreshadowing on that one. Hugesmile

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by NittanyKenVB Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:03 am

My hope is MF will give Emily a good edit and spin up the guys for the drama. But let's be honest MF would throw his mom, his wife, AND his daughter under the bus if it improved ratings. :stirthepot

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NittanyKenVB
NittanyKenVB

Male Posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:20 am

Her season also ends before the Olympics begins, so he wasn't fool enough to put the final up against the Big O.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by NittanyKenVB Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:23 am

anders wrote:Her season also ends before the Olympics begins, so he wasn't fool enough to put the final up against the Big O.

Well women are the primary viewers. I am not sure the lady folks are as interested in the Olympics as the guys. Still it would have been very foolish to match up against the Olympics.

NittanyKenVB
NittanyKenVB

Male Posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer23 Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:42 pm

NittanyKenVB wrote:
anders wrote:Her season also ends before the Olympics begins, so he wasn't fool enough to put the final up against the Big O.

Well women are the primary viewers. I am not sure the lady folks are as interested in the Olympics as the guys. Still it would have been very foolish to match up against the Olympics.
Can't speak for all the ladies, but I live for the Olympics -- summer and winter. No contest between them and the Bachelorette, or anything, really.
Archer23
Archer23

Female Posts : 4183

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:35 pm

Archer23 wrote:
NittanyKenVB wrote:

Can't speak for all the ladies, but I live for the Olympics -- summer and winter. No contest between them and the Bachelorette, or anything, really.

Same here. I'm a sports fanatic first and foremost. The Bachelorette takes a backseat to anything sports related, most especially the Olympics.

umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by rr Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:16 pm

NittanyKenVB wrote:

Women traditionally LOVE the Olympics, more than men and more than any other major sporting event (Super Bowl, World Cup, playoffs, etc). I hadn't thought about it before but it makes the most sense from a ratings standpoint as to why Emily's season starts/finishes a week earlier than the last couple.

I will be watching front and center too!

rr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Love, love, LOVE the Olympics. EVERYTHING takes a back seat to the O's.

I wonder, when I wonder...if the Hendricks PR firm had a little look see about getting a positive edit out of MF. Just wondering.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 50 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

+93
Bronwyn
Starshine_16
mandmmom2
mnmhughes
Tiggerlgh