SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Page 49 of 50 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion - Page 49 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Post by just logic Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:44 pm

I just responded (sort of) to one of your posts in another thread talking about Arie playing the nurse and having to 'cure' Emily. I think this might actually be the reason he was cast. Remember, when they tptb called Arie it was to ask about another driver and then Arie volunteered himself. So, they def. wanted a race car driver. So maybe the reason was to have the race car driver be the first out of the gate, so to speak, with Emily. Then, have some reason for the brakes being applied. They are wanting to show that Emily needs to let go of her past before moving on to her future. Sorry for repeating so much of what I said in the other thread. I just feel that it fits. Arie's being phoned rather than him applying - they went looking for a race car driver - why would they do that unless it fit into their story line? Then, the whole Cassie/Arie scandel seems to 'break' at just the time necessary for a new romance to truly expand. Did Arie know about it??? IDK and I'm pretty sure we'll never find out one way or the other. Even if he did know about it from the start I do think he truly developed feelings for Emily and if he did know he was truly in a catch 22.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.
just logic
just logic

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion - Page 49 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Post by Shelby Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:00 pm

JBF, I hear you but I do not see this season as much as a therapy for a grieving fiancée.

Emily, right with CH before the arrival at the M&G talked about it clearly: she grieved and now want to live again and be happy.

versus Brad season when she JUST decided that it was time to live again.

Shakespeare being british. them being in england. I think they picked the romeo and juliet but I do not think they thought about ricky and emily in this. It is very clear that emily asked the producer to leave ricky in peace and just focus on the present. I am glad they did that.

However, I saw the reference between ryan and the poison... ryan being a villain had to be killed by poison, poison could be his ego/narcissistic/caveman personality. NOT good in a fairytale story. I am sure that if they were in LA, they would have chosen White Snow story instead.

Arie being a nurse to cure emily? Not sure. I saw his presence more as if to stir up memories from emily so they could play on the ricky drama again. they failed and thank G they failed.

Regarding the cassie issue, it is all to justify his F3 departure. I honestly think that when emily found out who was her suitors, she either asked cassie or she asked her friends in charlotte or if she is has internet just did that from her house!

I am not saying she did that for all 25 but her top list. I would have done that. I very well remember her freezing a couple of seconds when arie told her he was an indie race car driver. Instead of answering immediately, she did not. I already mentioned that somewhere but I am convinced she had 2 thoughts 1/ do I know an arie in the car race field 2/ is arie a villain hired by the producers.

Naive emily? not that much after what happened with brad at the nascar race groud date when she had to explain to the papparazii that she was totally okay and everything was all right.

how much of a coincidence to have a race car driver among 25 guys. none.

So no. I did not see any "therapy" behind this season or if they put some subliminal messages behind the scenes, they failed with me to see anything.

always interesting to read you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:42 pm

I saw your post, just logic. That thread has stetched onto another extension... so it may get lost in the shuffle... like mine that you responded to. Ha ha!

Also I read that they purposely were looking for a race car driver, if not Arie, for her season.

Yeah, Shelby, I am doing a lot of brainstorming here. Quite often I hit the mark correctly in terms of the Behind The Scenes Story that may be different than the On Screen Story. For example: Jef is presented as "slow" in relationships, but Emily may be "slower" than him because of various hangups, including her past. The editors are VERY cautious how much RickY to put on screen, since they want Emily to practice what she preaches... i.e. she "has been" ready to move on.

It finally dawned on me why Ryan and his "trophy wife" talk was so important. Emily is VERY fussy about her looks and had work done in the past. Although Ryan talked like a blowhard, he also made Emily laugh a lot over it... and her own insecurities. (Remember also how Bentley called Ashley an "ugly duckling" compared to Emily a year ago.)
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:59 pm

JBF wrote:I saw your post, just logic. That thread has stetched onto another extension... so it may get lost in the shuffle... like mine that you responded to. Ha ha!

Also I read that they purposely were looking for a race car driver, if not Arie, for her season.

Yeah, Shelby, I am doing a lot of brainstorming here. Quite often I hit the mark correctly in terms of the Behind The Scenes Story that may be different than the On Screen Story. For example: Jef is presented as "slow" in relationships, but Emily may be "slower" than him because of various hangups, including her past. The editors are VERY cautious how much RickY to put on screen, since they want Emily to practice what she preaches... i.e. she "has been" ready to move on.

It finally dawned on me why Ryan and his "trophy wife" talk was so important. Emily is VERY fussy about her looks and had work done in the past. Although Ryan talked like a blowhard, he also made Emily laugh a lot over it... and her own insecurities.

another poster pointed out that in the deleted scene jef/emily about the interview, jef said he saw her behind the camera and she was not that happy but then he precised taking pictures and she beamed.

1. i think she is tired to be seen as the south belle beauty
2. she wants something meaningful outside her physical

it does not retract the insecurities she may have. Your body change a lot when you have child. Having a child is a beautiful thing but a woman does not remain the same way she was before her first pregnancy. Aging is another thing that some woman fear too.

If I had lot of $$ I would not hesitate to redo this or that. Am I insecure about my body? most certainly! I am 49 for peter's sake! lol

I do not see her physical insecurities as a bad thing. I see it as a normal thing. She had plastic surgery? lucky her! period. next!

Now we all know that we can patch with a plastic surgery but emotionally it takes the right person or time to move on.

Did she meet the same stereotype guy looking for a trophy wife? maybe. I was one of them, for 3 years. Been there, done that, burned the past and the tee with it. It was the most boring and uncertain time in my life where everything was fake, including me. I was burning inside to get out. I did, when the time was right.

So I am not quick to judge emily on her choice of life. Everyone is different and everyone is trying to find peace and love.... yeah yeah very cliché eh?

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:15 pm

You do understand my point though. Fleiss likes to address the Bachelorette (and sometimes Bachelor if they really care about him) about ANY insecurities they have. Ashley feared guys leaving her and peer/family criticizing her. Maybe these were not BIG issues with her, but Fleiss felt they needed "weeded" with various dramas like Bentley leaving, the comedy roast, sister Chrystie, etc. With Emily, her looks are not that big of an issue NOW like it might have been in the past, but Ryan still was employed to comment with his classics "I would still love you I just might not love on you as much" and "God designed you to be a beautiful woman, so be a beautiful woman."

I also think Arie is not only helping her in a therapy type role (whether it is a big role or not), but also proving something to himself. His whole theme of risk taking.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Bloven wrote:
shannonmac wrote:The "creepy dolls" comment bothers me. At first I thought it was a doll shop they were looking in the window at. But after rewatching, It looked like a clothing store. I didn't see any dolls- mind you the angle limited what I could see.
Still it makes me wonder if the creepy dolls comment was scripted and was supposed to lead into the kiss with Arie.
ie "Scared, I'll make it all better"- which ties in with the "nurse" Arie theme.

Weird- it just bothers me it seems so out of context in that scene.

I don't know but Jef and Emily are going to play with some creepy dolls tomorrow laugh out loud giggling

We also had creepy bobblehead dolls at the M&G. Maybe the comment somehow relates back to Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:03 am

JBF wrote:You do understand my point though. Fleiss likes to address the Bachelorette (and sometimes Bachelor if they really care about him) about ANY insecurities they have. Ashley feared guys leaving her and peer/family criticizing her. Maybe these were not BIG issues with her, but Fleiss felt they needed "weeded" with various dramas like Bentley leaving, the comedy roast, sister Chrystie, etc. With Emily, her looks are not that big of an issue NOW like it might have been in the past, but Ryan still was employed to comment with his classics "I would still love you I just might not love on you as much" and "God designed you to be a beautiful woman, so be a beautiful woman."

I also think Arie is not only helping her in a therapy type role (whether it is a big role or not), but also proving something to himself. His whole theme of risk taking.

i do understand and totally get it that Fleiss are masters not only on edits but have professional to cast people AND to figure it out what are the weakness and the force of their leads. They cannot commit millions of $$ without serious knowledge. It is all a matter of business here. rating and $$. that is the #1 priority.

so what are the weaknesses of emily? When I say weaknesses, that means touchy sensible emotional. I do NOT find them bad by all means.

- her past
- her daughter
- her beauty
- her faith
- no engagement at 26

then we assume there is this part of her who want more in her life than being the south belle. She mentioned it and her wish to move out charlotte if she find love means IMO that she wants to cut the ties definitely with her past.

so, Fleiss will play on:

- her past: try to find contestant that are very close to her past with ricky (race driver): arie
- her daughter: need to find a step dad. she wants a complete family quick. ricki is already 6. Some of the contestant will then be no daddy material: kalon OR on contrary are already daddies to play on the single parent status: doug and the whining guy (forgot the name already lol)
- her beauty: need to find caveman/narcissistic guys that will push her buttons that she is no trophy wife: Ryan
- her faith: this is important for her and she said many times that she wants to be a lady. lady means showing the good example = church. Sean
- no engagement at 26: find contestants that are not ready in their personal life, just broke with a GF, divorced, emotionally not ready or too eager to be loved : john, chris

cast is ready. emily is ready. the scenario is ready. ACTION!

then where is jef in that? he is the unpredictable bad boy (they were so adamant to hire him with his hippy hair, his free spirit, his boyish look, etc). They wanted a different kind of guy. I would put him in the "special box category". They wanted to play with him and his personality. But he was probably a bit too free spirit: he cut his hair (oups, the look is no longer bad boy), he studied and never made a faux pas (no drink), he was friendly with all the guys (no fight, no drama).... pretty boring for Fleiss... and on top of it Emilie fell for him. double oups. But Fleiss will not think that way. Having a couple in love at the end of the show is what will make him put on the renewal for next season. a win-win situation no matter who was the F1.

Shelby

Back to top Go down

Post by Northstargirl Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:07 am

I originally posted this in the Jef thread, and was asked to re-post it here as well:

I want to make an observation, based on the season thus far and previews we've seen, about why this may be Fleiss's masterpiece season. I don't recall ever supporting the Fleiss machine before and may never again. However, much had been made about how this season is different from others in so many ways.

I suggest that Emily has touched the heart of the Fleiss-beast, and inspired him to finally give viewers what they have been asking for. After the Ben and Courtney train-wreck of nastiness, Fleiss bent over backwards to get Emily as the lead. He moved production, gave Emily whatever she wanted in terms of Ricki, and set out to give Emily her "fairy-tale ending".

It is widely-thought that Emily and the rest of the Season 15 girls were selected with Chris Lambton in mind as the Bachelor. When Chris turned it down and Brad part II became the bachelor, that season had it's plot and Emily ultimately became it's biggest victim. regardless of press at the time or since, she has clearly shown herself to be an amazing yourg woman, exactly as her Season 15 castmates described her.

Fleiss has his favorites among leads, Jillian and Ali for sure, and now Emily most of all. He wants to "do right" by her and make this season everything she could have hoped for. Some locations, such as Charlotte, Bermuda and London seem to have been picked because she wanted to go there, the wardrobe budget was upped to $350,000 and why not. She is a beautiful and fashionable young woman who can wear anything and what girls fairytale doesn't include beautiful clothes? High end runway caliber gowns are typically saved for Night One and the finale, but Emily is wearing them at every rose ceremony.

Her choice of guys was stacked to include multiples in the categories of "quirky" (Jef and Arie) and "muscle-ly" (Sean, Doug, and Ryan). There were more than few Southerners (Ryan, Sean, Travis, Michael...) and two single parents. Regardless of how they presented themselves in "reality" life, on paper, these guys were perfect candidates for the lead, more so than I remember in other seasons.

The "fairtale" story board that most of us see so clearly now, surely was started before night one. Without it, there is no way we have Emily and guys saying things in PI, ITMs, and VO's that we are hearing. Those responses, we know are coached from producers asking leading questions. The visual references of clocks and castles also well-planned and plotted into the story line. Producers capture these shots with advance teams scouting locations and secondary camera units through out their travels.

With Emily as the modern day, single Mom, Southern Belle, Steele Magnolia princess, Fleiss had to chance his formuleic hot tub, helicopter, alcohol- induced methods. The only hot tub, thus far...a bunch of guys, during the day, discussing the challenges of single father hood. The only helicopter, the one self-absorbed Kalon flew in on. The alcohol, certainly a lot of champagne and beer this far, does not seem to have produced the flamboyant, over the top behavior of the past.

One can argue that we see references to different fairytales throughout different scenes. Certainly the clocks reference Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland. Emily's no -nonsense attitude and Ryan's behavior liken to Beauty and the Beast. Her apparant archery skills, an easy reference to Brave. Emily and Sean were locked in a tower...Rapunzel and she and Arie swim with dolphins...The Little Mermaid. She and Jef in the library....again Beauty and the Beast. The princes-in-waiting fight for her honor (time) by competing in sailing and highland games. I am sure you can all think of more.

Fleiss himself had made references through twitter over the fiming of the show. I wish I had archives of his tweets. Many of you may be able to reference them.
He has inferred that she finds her love..."the final rose is ready, too soon" and others which I can not specifically recall.

Based on the above, I am confident that Fleiss is giving us the fairytale love story, that we hopeless romantics long for and rarely get from this franchise. I believe he is proud to be able to deliver that for Emily and for his viewing audience. Short of an AFTR wedding, Fleiss and the machine are very proud of what we are seeing each week.

Once upon a time, in a city far away from Hollywood, a beautiful Princess named Emily set out with her daughter, to find the man of her dreams.....

She met a handsome, intelligent, funny, and charming man named Jef....... they made each other nervous and giddy and became friends.......

And then they fell in love, best friends, soul-mates...
And we are just weeks away from seeing,..."and they lived happily ever after"

Well, that's my theory...and I'm sticking to it! What do you think? We've got 10.5 hours til episode 7...discuss...

Northstargirl
Northstargirl

Female Posts : 430

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Northstargirl. your post is too interesting in many point to not be here and of course I have some comments on it!

I agree and disagree on a couple of things.

Emily was pursued since she broke up with Brad. So we are not talking about a couple of months here but almost a year. Brad's season was a big success because of Emily and Chantal and to a certain extent Michelle and Ashley... certainly not with our boring Brad just there for redemption

The fact that Emily's drama story was told at every turn in Brad's season, gained the show and emily a lot of fans. Lets not forget that a lot of woman are extremely sensitive about loosing a beloved one (war, illness, accident, etc). Then she is a single mother, big extra brownies. Emily is like any other contestant, the way she acts and speaks put her into another category. Either we love her or we dislike her but she inspires more than interest. Plus her look is from american standard very Barbie. In another word, Emily is perfect to be a lead.

Now she is chased by Fleiss (or ABC producers which is pretty the same). They want her. Not because she is the most beautiful person inside and out but because they know first hand that the audience will respond, that emily will answer well to direction (1st season experience) and she can bring a lot of male interest (bentley and papparazii in general put her on a beauty pedestal).

Emily refused for quite a while. 2 possibilities. 1/ she was sick of the medias 2/ she wanted to negotiate her season under her terms.

I will go for both.

Emily is maybe blond but she has her head on her shoulders. She is an heir but she is also a mom with responsibilities. Nobody will say that she is not a perfect mom here. The Hendricks family, no matter how people try to make us think that they hate her, they do support her. They may disagree like many members inside the same family, but they love her. Emily's family and the Hendricks family do have lawyers. Impossible to have $$ without a bunch of lawyers. Emily most probably has a personal one too.

It is not stretchy to think that when ABC offered the deal, the contract was also in the hands of her lawyer. Now, lets add her own experience of the show with Brad... TA DA! and we have this season!

When they introduced Emily as the next bachelorette, she mentioned several points: she did not want adrenaline dates because it is not her thing, she did not want hot tubs, she wanted a drama free season and she wanted her daughter with her at almost all times. Very clear. ABC only have to accept the deal or not..... they accepted. Why do you think it took a couple of month and we had Ashley's season in between... time to negotiate, as simple as that.

Regarding the $$ and wardrobe. Each season, the show negotiate a budget. Since we had less adrenaline... they could certainly increase the glamour wardrobe budget no? Charlotte, England, Croatia, Prague, Hometown, Caracao. Nothing extravagant. The only place would be caracao probably the most expensive but each season each country want to be on the show because it is a huge ads for their tourism. Do I think Fleiss loves Emily. Sure! No doubt. But he is a business man at heart and 24 seasons after, this show is $$ first. If he likes the lead, only an extra. He is not in the position to offer her any special favor that ABC did not approve first.

One can argue that we see references to different fairytales throughout different scenes. Certainly the clocks reference Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland. Emily's no -nonsense attitude and Ryan's behavior liken to Beauty and the Beast. Her apparent archery skills, an easy reference to Brave. Emily and Sean were locked in a tower...Rapunzel and she and Arie swim with dolphins...The Little Mermaid. She and Jef in the library....again Beauty and the Beast. The princes-in-waiting fight for her honor (time) by competing in sailing and highland games. I am sure you can all think of more.

This is totally interesting because I also saw many different references of fairytales this season and pretty much the same you are listing. And what makes a fairytale a fairytale? Lets see what wikipedia says:

In less technical contexts, the term is also used to describe something blessed with unusual happiness, as in "fairy tale ending" (a happy ending) or "fairy tale romance" (though not all fairy tales end happily).

Jef and Emily used Fairy tale a couple of times. I do not recall sean and arie mentioning it. This seasonthe producers focused on clock (time). The midnight where everything change for the best with a happy ending (FRC being shot at night, many big clock as big ben etc), arie the race car driver (lover of speed)... reference to the Hare and the Turtle? Cinderella and the Rabbit with his watch in alice in wonderland and of course we have all the castles and jail references (england, croatia)... a princess must have a castle. Many references to dolls too... the good ones (jef in the library) and the creepy one (arie kiss in the street)... maybe a wink with Pinocchio here? All lies will be revealed?

Regarding the casting, I already made my point before. They were all cast prior the season with emily in mind AND I assume all guys knew emily was the lead this time. No surprise last minute as ashley. This most probably to bend emily's will to have less drama in her season. Everybody knows her and know that she is a single mom.

and here are my thoughts of the day waiting for tonight show for more "food" to dissect! ha!

Shelby

Back to top Go down

Post by Northstargirl Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Shelby wrote:Northstargirl. your post is too interesting in many point to not be here and of course I have some comments on it!

I agree and disagree on a couple of things.

Emily was pursued since she broke up with Brad. So we are not talking about a couple of months here but almost a year. Brad's season was a big success because of Emily and Chantal and to a certain extent Michelle and Ashley... certainly not with our boring Brad just there for redemption

The fact that Emily's drama story was told at every turn in Brad's season, gained the show and emily a lot of fans. Lets not forget that a lot of woman are extremely sensitive about loosing a beloved one (war, illness, accident, etc). Then she is a single mother, big extra brownies. Emily is like any other contestant, the way she acts and speaks put her into another category. Either we love her or we dislike her but she inspires more than interest. Plus her look is from american standard very Barbie. In another word, Emily is perfect to be a lead.

Now she is chased by Fleiss (or ABC producers which is pretty the same). They want her. Not because she is the most beautiful person inside and out but because they know first hand that the audience will respond, that emily will answer well to direction (1st season experience) and she can bring a lot of male interest (bentley and papparazii in general put her on a beauty pedestal).

Emily refused for quite a while. 2 possibilities. 1/ she was sick of the medias 2/ she wanted to negotiate her season under her terms.

I will go for both.

Emily is maybe blond but she has her head on her shoulders. She is an heir but she is also a mom with responsibilities. Nobody will say that she is not a perfect mom here. The Hendricks family, no matter how people try to make us think that they hate her, they do support her. They may disagree like many members inside the same family, but they love her. Emily's family and the Hendricks family do have lawyers. Impossible to have $$ without a bunch of lawyers. Emily most probably has a personal one too.

It is not stretchy to think that when ABC offered the deal, the contract was also in the hands of her lawyer. Now, lets add her own experience of the show with Brad... TA DA! and we have this season!

When they introduced Emily as the next bachelorette, she mentioned several points: she did not want adrenaline dates because it is not her thing, she did not want hot tubs, she wanted a drama free season and she wanted her daughter with her at almost all times. Very clear. ABC only have to accept the deal or not..... they accepted. Why do you think it took a couple of month and we had Ashley's season in between... time to negotiate, as simple as that.

Regarding the $$ and wardrobe. Each season, the show negotiate a budget. Since we had less adrenaline... they could certainly increase the glamour wardrobe budget no? Charlotte, England, Croatia, Prague, Hometown, Caracao. Nothing extravagant. The only place would be caracao probably the most expensive but each season each country want to be on the show because it is a huge ads for their tourism. Do I think Fleiss loves Emily. Sure! No doubt. But he is a business man at heart and 24 seasons after, this show is $$ first. If he likes the lead, only an extra. He is not in the position to offer her any special favor that ABC did not approve first.

One can argue that we see references to different fairytales throughout different scenes. Certainly the clocks reference Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland. Emily's no -nonsense attitude and Ryan's behavior liken to Beauty and the Beast. Her apparent archery skills, an easy reference to Brave. Emily and Sean were locked in a tower...Rapunzel and she and Arie swim with dolphins...The Little Mermaid. She and Jef in the library....again Beauty and the Beast. The princes-in-waiting fight for her honor (time) by competing in sailing and highland games. I am sure you can all think of more.

This is totally interesting because I also saw many different references of fairytales this season and pretty much the same you are listing. And what makes a fairytale a fairytale? Lets see what wikipedia says:

In less technical contexts, the term is also used to describe something blessed with unusual happiness, as in "fairy tale ending" (a happy ending) or "fairy tale romance" (though not all fairy tales end happily).

Jef and Emily used Fairy tale a couple of times. I do not recall sean and arie mentioning it. This seasonthe producers focused on clock (time). The midnight where everything change for the best with a happy ending (FRC being shot at night, many big clock as big ben etc), arie the race car driver (lover of speed)... reference to the Hare and the Turtle? Cinderella and the Rabbit with his watch in alice in wonderland and of course we have all the castles and jail references (england, croatia)... a princess must have a castle. Many references to dolls too... the good ones (jef in the library) and the creepy one (arie kiss in the street)... maybe a wink with Pinocchio here? All lies will be revealed?

Regarding the casting, I already made my point before. They were all cast prior the season with emily in mind AND I assume all guys knew emily was the lead this time. No surprise last minute as ashley. This most probably to bend emily's will to have less drama in her season. Everybody knows her and know that she is a single mom.

and here are my thoughts of the day waiting for tonight show for more "food" to dissect! ha!

Shelby,
Thanks for playing the fairytale game with me!

I am hsving trouble bolding your comments so I will try to address verbally. I agree with nearly all of your comments regarding EMily's suitability to be the lead, and agree the pursuit has been ongoing. After intially turning it down emphatically, I suspect there was a respectful time where they did not bother her, but brought it up again and in high pursuit later, after Ashley's season. There were certainly girls from Ben's season who may have made excellent leads, Emily O'Brien for one, but none was as perfect as Emily Maynard. She is the one Fleiss wanted and he got her.

I tend to disagree about the ABC direct connection to negotiations. Fleiss is the executive producer and Next Entertainment is the company that produces the franchise. They have contract with ABC to provide the programming at certain times during the year and in certain increments of episodes. They have all creative and monetary control and the contestant contracts are with Next. ABC just airs the show Next/Fleiss provides to them.

Fleiss/Next do the negotiating and make concessions. They have complete creative control and to my knowledge, outside of compensation, Emily is the only lead who has negotiated such concessions. It has been rumored that Chris Lambton was offered for the show to move the Cape Cod and film anywhere he wanted. I actually recall that came from Chris or his brother at the time. So Fleiss will do what it takes to get a lead he really wants. I believe Chris , in Fleiss mind, was the perfect bachelor lead as well.

I love your turtle and hare analogy...and it really works in the story. And the dolles/marionettes as a wink to Pinocchio, brilliant! I knew there were more there that I was not seeing, but I believe they are there.

I know this time of year we, who frequesnt these boards can all go a little crazy, in our own ways. Some get defiant in defense of their favorite, some make mountains of molehills dissecting tweets, some go dizzy re-playing videos or scenes. You and I, it seems, get our creative juices flowing over hidden meanings and storylines.....

When I look at it all...there is just too much to be just imagination.......I'm not that creative! :detective
Northstargirl
Northstargirl

Female Posts : 430

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:03 pm

Northstargirl wrote:

Shelby,
Thanks for playing the fairytale game with me!

I am hsving trouble bolding your comments so I will try to address verbally. I agree with nearly all of your comments regarding EMily's suitability to be the lead, and agree the pursuit has been ongoing. After intially turning it down emphatically, I suspect there was a respectful time where they did not bother her, but brought it up again and in high pursuit later, after Ashley's season. There were certainly girls from Ben's season who may have made excellent leads, Emily O'Brien for one, but none was as perfect as Emily Maynard. She is the one Fleiss wanted and he got her.

I tend to disagree about the ABC direct connection to negotiations. Fleiss is the executive producer and Next Entertainment is the company that produces the franchise. They have contract with ABC to provide the programming at certain times during the year and in certain increments of episodes. They have all creative and monetary control and the contestant contracts are with Next. ABC just airs the show Next/Fleiss provides to them.

Fleiss/Next do the negotiating and make concessions. They have complete creative control and to my knowledge, outside of compensation, Emily is the only lead who has negotiated such concessions. It has been rumored that Chris Lambton was offered for the show to move the Cape Cod and film anywhere he wanted. I actually recall that came from Chris or his brother at the time. So Fleiss will do what it takes to get a lead he really wants. I believe Chris , in Fleiss mind, was the perfect bachelor lead as well.

I love your turtle and hare analogy...and it really works in the story. And the dolles/marionettes as a wink to Pinocchio, brilliant! I knew there were more there that I was not seeing, but I believe they are there.

I know this time of year we, who frequesnt these boards can all go a little crazy, in our own ways. Some get defiant in defense of their favorite, some make mountains of molehills dissecting tweets, some go dizzy re-playing videos or scenes. You and I, it seems, get our creative juices flowing over hidden meanings and storylines.....

When I look at it all...there is just too much to be just imagination.......I'm not that creative! :detective

most definitely and JBF as well and a couple of others a bit less chatty but still very present in this forum. And thank you for joining this group! bestbud!

A lot of people miss the sleuthing old times and I am one of them. It was incredible to be able to prove with pics our theories. I am tempted next season to remain in the unspoiled side for half of the season. But it is hard to remain unspoiled with all the rags, RS, blogs and this forum became a bit my little piece of bach home.

But I am thinking about it... most especially when I see fans sharing their views without any consideration to share this space in peace and fun, tolerance and respect. They bring the worse of me and I do not like it one bit.

but overall, the big majority are wonderful people to speak with and share ideas, theories and most of all fun!

ps: the fairytales that pop in my mind were: Cinderella, the hare and the turtle and Pinocchio. Those were very predominant in my mind.

Shelby

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi Northstargirl,
Lover the fairytale references. I have one to add...the very first episode Ricki is seen telling Emily she looks like a princess!!!!!!!

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 50 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

+93
Bronwyn
Starshine_16
mandmmom2
mnmhughes
Tiggerlgh