SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor Canada - Spoilers

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Spoilers - Page 33 Empty Re: The Bachelor Canada - Spoilers

Post by ja1968 Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:04 pm

Brill wrote:ja1968, I LOVE your avatar of Brad and Bianka, it is Beautiful!!!

ja1968
ja1968

Female Posts : 819

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Spoilers - Page 33 Empty Re: The Bachelor Canada - Spoilers

Post by northernviewer Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:53 pm

HowSoonIsNow wrote:My only disagreement with the above is how the show handled Whitney in the latter episodes. Such a whack edit job on her - cut up scenes, incomplete sentences - that I feel I have no idea what "really" happened there. Sure, iwhat we were meant to conclude was that once she got to the latter episodes, she started questioning whether she really wanted Brad after all, and thus her confusion. But if they had to do such a whack edit job to portay this message, it means there was probably something more, or something else, going on that they edited around.

Going by how accurate the rest of the edit seems to be.... I'd say what we saw with Witney was who she really was. They all seemed to comment about her poor communication skills... and I think it was more than her being able to say what she felt, like a person who has a hard time to say that they love somebody - or somebody who has a hard time to say they're sorry. With her it was almost like she couldn't put a coherent thought or sentence together. She didn't appear to be shy by any means.... so maybe she's just not that smart?? or maybe she couldn't come up with a plausible lie?? don't know, but I don't think it was so much of a whack job edit.... but them letting the camera roll when she was just sitting there trying to think up a way to finish a sentence. scratch

I also think that the more Brad got to know Bianka, the more he withdrew from Whitney, so it very well could have been a mutual parting of ways at the end, as she could see the writing on the wall. I think she still wanted to "win" though, and that's why she kept playing the game until Brad called it quits.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:22 pm

HowSoonIsNow wrote:The other fleissian maneuver I'd remove is the use of maudlin 80's soft-rock-power-ballads at the end of the FRC and for the montage. It kinda kills the mood for me when the cheesiest songs in history are used to end an otherwise ethereal and poignant moment. At least they used a Canadian, Bryan Adams, for this season's ending.

Except for this complaint and the one above, I'd say Brava to the Canadians for doing this season right!

As a Canadian, I'm very happy that they chose to use a Canadian artist's song for the montage - and Bryan Adams is iconic here for all things romantic. And I'm ever so greatful that they didn't choose Celine Dion instead! giggling

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:29 pm

ja1968 wrote:
Brill wrote:ja1968, I LOVE your avatar of Brad and Bianka, it is Beautiful!!!

I miss KikiLove posting. ; (
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:32 am

iamreal2u wrote:
ja1968 wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:
HowSoonIsNow wrote:My only disagreement with the above is how the show handled Whitney in the latter episodes. Such a whack edit job on her - cut up scenes, incomplete sentences - that I feel I have no idea what "really" happened there. Sure, iwhat we were meant to conclude was that once she got to the latter episodes, she started questioning whether she really wanted Brad after all, and thus her confusion. But if they had to do such a whack edit job to portay this message, it means there was probably something more, or something else, going on that they edited around.

Now knowing who Brad wants, I watched again. I think she realized that Brad had feelings for Bianka during the fantasy date and that he was starting to pull back. He was still attracted to her and plus they had a beautiful setting on PEI. He really took Bianka's warning to heart that if he fool around with anyone in the FS that is it for her. Whit noticed the difference and knew that she was not the one, but was convinced to stay. During the conversation on the Barbados, she said that she is happy for him, she really was, but he has to respect her. She already knew so wanted to be the one to break up so that she does not look bad.

That's one thing that puzzled me about his conversation with Whitney. Besides, the fact she did not make much sense in what she was saying, as far as we saw Brad did not tell her in this conversation that he was choosing Bianka. How did she know he was? He could have not picked anyone so when did he tell her?

That is why the conversation makes no sense. I also think the reason she seem wacko at the family because she did not want commit or lie knowing she was not the one. love your avi....

hence his comment during an interview that he realized how much he was making the 'deer in the headlights' look when he was around her. She

I wouldn't be a stretch for Whit to believe he was picking Bianka - I'm sure she's watched a few seasons of The Bachelor/ette and knew she was being dumped for the other girl.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:43 am

I guess the whole lack of respect issue is that She asked to speak to him and therefore She should have had the chance to speak (dump) first. She felt like the ball was in her court. But she forgot that the show is The BACHELOR. It's not her call.
I agree that Whit and Brad both knew after the F3 RC that she was gone. She just isnt a very good actor and couldnt pull off a decent MTP. Maybe they just decided they'd have to emphasize the crazy because she wouldnt play the game, or wasnt capable of faking it. Of course no one can actually talk about it at the ATFR. I'm interested to see what they can say at the ATFR.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:49 am

you're prolly right tiger - he beat her to the punch and she didnt' like that.

he did say in one of his interviews that he knew at the FDs that it would be Bianka, so it makes sense that she could've picked up on his cues and realized he wasn't as smitten with her and she wanted him to be. The talk on the boat during the LCD was more affirmation of that.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor Canada - Spoilers

+34
iamreal2u
happyvalleygirl
ma06my
shannonmac
ja1968