SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Page 45 of 46 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Post by sjcaligurl Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:49 am

ironcat wrote:If there's any substance to the relationship, they'll get through this. If his reaction is anger at Ashley for being duped, instead of wanting to beat the ever-loving crap out of Bentley, he's just not that into her.

Totally agree. I'd think that most guys would want to do some of that Thai boxing w/Bentley and William. Man code should dictate chivalry, not bashing the woman because she fell for a guy who was being disingenuous ... Why would a guy want a girl who had all of her trust destroyed by a guy like Bentley. They should want a woman who believes in second chances (as she gave William even though he never really forgave himself) or who will give the guy the benefit of the doubt. If they watch the footage, they should clearly get how Bentley lied, charmed then left. It's normal for her to be a bit afraid to believe the other guys ... which is why she keeps questioning what is going on between her and JP. I can see how she wanted to chat w/Bentley again. I would have written him off and still have him in the back of my mind. At least she's trying to get him and his ... out of the way so she can really give herself to the guys she sees really like her.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Post by CHO Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:57 am

ironcat wrote:Ashley is a somewhat insecure people pleaser, and it would bother and upset her if a room full of perfect strangers started ganging up on her. Maybe she's also concerned for Ben's reaction (if he really is F1, and even if he's F2, she'd want him to stick around and not be mad at her), but I don't think this is indicative of anything but Ashley's nature. And considering she was apparently expecting it to go much better, she's probably shocked as well, which may lead to crying.

If she really was concerned about Ben and only Ben, I don't understand why she would have told JP first though. Shouldn't she just have pulled Ben aside at the group date and privately told him then?

Well it makes us all believe that she is taking JP aside because he is special (and maybe convinces JP too) . This could be the case or not. It just bothers me that she was telling Bentley that he was the one - she could see him at the end. I can't see her saying that (unless all of this is totally scripted) if she was seriously interested in JP. Wouldn't it seem that she suddenly changed her mind about JP - as opposed to looking further into the rest of the guys and then finding a gem like Ben? Maybe she did change her mind about JP - but it seems as if it was love at first sight for him. With Ben - he was taking it slow - and was less agressive - perhaps she didn't realize he could be a contender until after Bentley left.

The Bentley scenario tests how serious the guys are - both JP and Ben. If JP is the F1 - his patience is certainly being tested !
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:00 am

Notice how JP got the first repeat 1:1 and also goes on the F6 group date - just like Chantal did. Ben F gets the second 1:1 in the F6 episode, just like Em did.

Last edited by anders on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by ninu Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:04 am

anders wrote:Notice how JP got the first repeat 1:1 and also goes on the F6 group date - just like Chantal did. Ben F gets the second 1:1 in the F6 episode, just like Ben F did.

giggling giggling
ninu
ninu

Female Posts : 2347

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:05 am

ninu wrote:
anders wrote:Notice how JP got the first repeat 1:1 and also goes on the F6 group date - just like Chantal did. Ben F gets the second 1:1 in the F6 episode, just like Ben F did.

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 45 2174738820 Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 45 2174738820

Ooopsie.....

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:08 am

Jeepers wrote:
nutty1 wrote:Regardless of who the F1 is, I am wondering how he feels, watching all the Bentley shenanigans now. Even if Ashley tries to reassure him, it has got to be tough.

She may have explained, before airing that it was nothing but producer driven story board stuff and. Ot to believe it. Or is that person not even watching lol

I do agree...yet this guy is only human...it has to sting!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:09 am

CHO wrote:
ironcat wrote:Ashley is a somewhat insecure people pleaser, and it would bother and upset her if a room full of perfect strangers started ganging up on her. Maybe she's also concerned for Ben's reaction (if he really is F1, and even if he's F2, she'd want him to stick around and not be mad at her), but I don't think this is indicative of anything but Ashley's nature. And considering she was apparently expecting it to go much better, she's probably shocked as well, which may lead to crying.

If she really was concerned about Ben and only Ben, I don't understand why she would have told JP first though. Shouldn't she just have pulled Ben aside at the group date and privately told him then?

Well it makes us all believe that she is taking JP aside because he is special (and maybe convinces JP too) . This could be the case or not. It just bothers me that she was telling Bentley that he was the one - she could see him at the end. I can't see her saying that (unless all of this is totally scripted) if she was seriously interested in JP. Wouldn't it seem that she suddenly changed her mind about JP - as opposed to looking further into the rest of the guys and then finding a gem like Ben? Maybe she did change her mind about JP - but it seems as if it was love at first sight for him. With Ben - he was taking it slow - and was less agressive - perhaps she didn't realize he could be a contender until after Bentley left.

The Bentley scenario tests how serious the guys are - both JP and Ben. If JP is the F1 - his patience is certainly being tested !

To be fair to Ashley, she didn't get to spend much time with JP since he didn't have any type of date (neither a group date or 1-on-1 date) with her until their 1-on-1 date after Bentley left in the third episode. I do think initially Bentley was her F1 simply because she spent the most time with him out of all the other guys (Jeff even says this in episode 3 to Bentley when he leaves). I don't think her feelings for Bentley had much to do with Bentley himself and if he had stayed longer and had gotten a 1-on-1 date, she would've eventually seen that it wasn't right with him. I doubt he would've even made it to the F4 had he stayed.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:11 am

CHO wrote:

I'm not sure I believe Ashley REALLY, TRULY was ready to run away with Bentley on Day 8, even if she actually uttered those words and it wasn't the edit. And I would make a large wager that if the producers actually offered her the option to do just that at that moment, she would have come to her senses and thought better of it. Anyway, all this happened, and Bentley left, before her solo date with JP, which is when I think she started realizing he was someone she could see herself with, so I don't see the big difference in timing between JP and Ben.

Based on what we're seeing, her interest is 80% JP, 20% Ben. Maybe the editors are misleading us purposely, it wouldn't be the first time. However, since this season we have the Bentley dilemma front and center, which is causing 80% of unspoiled viewers to think that her only interest is in Bentley, and neither JP nor Ben is even registering with them, it's possible that they realize that hiding the winner isn't really necessary, as nobody is noticing anybody but Bentley anyway.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:18 am

[quote="ironcat"]Ashley is a somewhat insecure people pleaser, and it would bother and upset her if a room full of perfect strangers started ganging up on her. Maybe she's also concerned for Ben's reaction (if he really is F1, and even if he's F2, she'd want him to stick around and not be mad at her), but I don't think this is indicative of anything but Ashley's nature. And considering she was apparently expecting it to go much better, she's probably shocked as well, which may lead to crying.

If she really was concerned about Ben and only Ben, I don't understand why she would have told JP first though. Shouldn't she just have pulled Ben aside at the group date and privately told him then?[/quote]

Not to be argumentative at all, but how do we know she didn't pull Ben aside? We may not be shown it, but doesn't mean it didn't occur. Haven't watched the preview, but is there anything Ben says or does that leads us to believe he's just finding out?
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:18 am

ironcat wrote:
CHO wrote:

I'm not sure I believe Ashley REALLY, TRULY was ready to run away with Bentley on Day 8, even if she actually uttered those words and it wasn't the edit. And I would make a large wager that if the producers actually offered her the option to do just that at that moment, she would have come to her senses and thought better of it. Anyway, all this happened, and Bentley left, before her solo date with JP, which is when I think she started realizing he was someone she could see herself with, so I don't see the big difference in timing between JP and Ben.

Based on what we're seeing, her interest is 80% JP, 20% Ben. Maybe the editors are misleading us purposely, it wouldn't be the first time. However, since this season we have the Bentley dilemma front and center, which is causing 80% of unspoiled viewers to think that her only interest is in Bentley, and neither JP nor Ben is even registering with them, it's possible that they realize that hiding the winner isn't really necessary, as nobody is noticing anybody but Bentley anyway.

Bentley even asked her to come with him to Salt Lake City and she said she couldn't, though I'm not sure if she meant she couldn't because she didn't want to or because TPTB wouldn't let her. I'm sure it was both. We never actually saw her say she wanted to run off with him. It was a voice over.

I completely agree on JP, too. I think he caught her eye in the beginning and then she got to really see what he had to offer her after Bentley was gone and she got a 1-on-1 date with him.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:20 am

jojo47 wrote:Not to be argumentative at all, but how do we know she didn't pull Ben aside? We may not be shown it, but doesn't mean it didn't occur. Haven't watched the preview, but is there anything Ben says or does that leads us to believe he's just finding out?

I believe the press release addresses this when it states how she discussed this with JP during their date - no mention that she discussed it with anyone else, but who knows - not me.

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:25 am

The whole Bentley thing is where she could have taken notes from DeAnna. On the ATFR with Brad, she basically told him "It ends here ... don't call me later" ... Same thing she told Graham as she was "sick of guys who don't know what they want'" Find out later that Brad called her anyway after the fact wanting to see her. We know that Alex called Trista long after he picked Amanda and I believe that Matt even tried to date Holly later ... Didn't Lorenzo even date Ericka after his chosen failed. Jason is a clear example of his F1 and F2 not being properly hashed out in his mind. This is the first time it's been played out. I'll bet that, particularly with the bachelors, this happens all of the time.

I think Ashley got her mojo back by the time she basically told Mickey to be a man and leave if he wasn't feeling it. She didn't care. That's what she should have done with Bentley but she was in open-hearted, supportive, giddy mode at the beginning.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 46 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

+68
happyvalleygirl
Scarletta
LuvnIt
Shadow
cfck2222