SELECT CONTENT

Tweets/Facebook Sightings

Page 38 of 49 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tweets/Facebook Sightings - Page 38 Empty Re: Tweets/Facebook Sightings

Post by Barbarossa Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:39 pm

emusha wrote:I don't know whether people hound twitter sightings to feed the tabs or write blogs about them outside of forums like this.... I think a majority of us here are wayy beyond the regular person in terms of knowledge about the show ...and I don't think MF "planting" tweets would really impact anything in the larger scale outside of forums like this so -- I don't really see the motivation to even do these kind of 'misinformation' campaigns with 1 out of millions of tweets mentioning a sighting-- the incentive for tptb doesn't really click for me

Totally agree. The do a few things for us--flip pics, hide certain shots--cause they don't want us spreading the word around the net. But folks like us are a tiny minority. They may do some film flam, but not much. I do not include Reality Steve in that. He has graduated and every tabloid knows who he is, and people do read tabloids. But for us, doesn't seem worth the effort.

Barbarossa's Blast

Home of the snarky pirate plotting
Barbarossa
Barbarossa

Male Posts : 652

http://barbarossasblast.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Barbarossa wrote:
emusha wrote:I don't know whether people hound twitter sightings to feed the tabs or write blogs about them outside of forums like this.... I think a majority of us here are wayy beyond the regular person in terms of knowledge about the show ...and I don't think MF "planting" tweets would really impact anything in the larger scale outside of forums like this so -- I don't really see the motivation to even do these kind of 'misinformation' campaigns with 1 out of millions of tweets mentioning a sighting-- the incentive for tptb doesn't really click for me

Totally agree. The do a few things for us--flip pics, hide certain shots--cause they don't want us spreading the word around the net. But folks like us are a tiny minority. They may do some film flam, but not much. I do not include Reality Steve in that. He has graduated and every tabloid knows who he is, and people do read tabloids. But for us, doesn't seem worth the effort.

it taks one jerk to spoil the fun......... RS

so do not underestimate the power of tweeter, facebook and else.... papps are everywhere too

I think for many years the producers did not take seriously enough and this is why FORT got so powerful. Now they learned their lessons...

One daily click generates .6 bowls of food at The Animal Rescue Site

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybird Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Totally what I was thinking, emusha. I can't see anyone from this show spending 5 minutes to coordinate a twitter misinformation campaign. And if they are, then the world really is turned upside down. Just seems like random tweets from unknown people are way too small of a piece of the pie to matter to the masses. Not even the tabs seem to rely on tweets as sources, from what I remember. Same thing goes w/ the bachelor beatdown show and those guys who are stretching their 15 mins way too long; in the grand scheme of things they mean nothing to this show!

Jaybird

Female Posts : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:43 pm

IrishGal wrote:
cupcakes wrote:philular

Stalker alert! Ok #bachelorette fans, Just saw "Ben the winemaker" at the Corte Madera shopping center.
about 3 hours ago via HootSuite

OMG! I was at Corte Madera mall today having lunch at PF Changs! Wahhhhhhhhh...can't believe I missed him. :headbanging :pinkcry:

My sympathies.......... :Frown:

Back to top Go down

Post by DMBFan Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:45 pm

I would think it would be more of a case of mistaken identity than misinformation. However, the marketing guy for a winery would know who Ben is would be my guess.

DMBFan

Female Posts : 1549

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:48 pm

jcw2 wrote:

Totally what I was thinking, emusha. I can't see anyone from this show spending 5 minutes to coordinate a twitter misinformation campaign. And if they are, then the world really is turned upside down. Just seems like random tweets from unknown people are way too small of a piece of the pie to matter to the masses. Not even the tabs seem to rely on tweets as sources, from what I remember. Same thing goes w/ the bachelor beatdown show and those guys who are stretching their 15 mins way too long; in the grand scheme of things they mean nothing to this show!

Yea, and you'd need the skill/dedication of an expert sleuther to find some of these tweets -- i get amazed how CC and others pull some of the tweets out esp cos they're not hash-tagged sometimes they don't even mention the show other times!

the opposite debate would be about false sightings of Roberto in Tampa (we even called the restaurant and nobody knew what the person was talking about -- but could be a matter of waitstaff not knowing who roberto is or mistaken sightings) ...and Roberto's twitter picture was the biggest clue we got last season...but still -- some of these tweets aren't even constructed in ways that they are easy to find in a twitter search...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Reidiscool Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:09 pm

I will preface this by saying in all likelihood the twitters sighting probably are legit. and JP is in LA and Ben's in SF.

I know the vast majority of viewers are normal and not addicted to solving the show! But MF knows we sleuth these kind of things. RS looks at the boards and twitter if they have managed to fool him this year they may just go to this trouble because they don't want him tipped off that anything could be amiss. In previous years Ali, Brad and even babyface were involved in the deception of RS. I cannot dismiss out of hand that Ash/Ben/JP are not doing the same but that's just me!

Moley moley in your holey, Why are you so sly?
Reidiscool
Reidiscool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybird Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Reidiscool wrote:I will preface this by saying in all likelihood the twitters sighting probably are legit. and JP is in LA and Ben's in SF.

I know the vast majority of viewers are normal and not addicted to solving the show! But MF knows we sleuth these kind of things. RS looks at the boards and twitter if they have managed to fool him this year they may just go to this trouble because they don't want him tipped off that anything could be amiss. In previous years Ali, Brad and even babyface were involved in the deception of RS. I cannot dismiss out of hand that Ash/Ben/JP are not doing the same but that's just me!

I LOL'ed at this! I really do not feel normal spending so much time reading this board but y'all are so much fun it's too hard to stay away! handwave

Jaybird

Female Posts : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:43 pm

atlanta1221 wrote:
reason wrote:Where is the Corde Madera?

I believe its around SF.

Appears it is just across the bay north of SF. So across the Golden Gate Bridge.

#teamjodi #teamsushi #teamjash #teamcupcake #teamarie #teameinstein
GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Female Posts : 4592

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:09 am

Is Natalie on ABC's payroll or does she work for them? She is everywhere.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:00 am

VOMO Island Resort

Vomo gets a gorgeous description in this piece on Hollywood Life about the upcoming Bachelorette finale.
Secrets Of ‘Bachelorette’ Ashley Hebert’s Proposal in Fiji Revealed! It Was ‘Magical,’ She Says!

www.hollywoodlife.com
With tears running down her cheeks and the Pacific Ocean's waves rolling in the background, Ashley jumps into her fiance's arms and says, 'YES!'

saw the previews of the Bachelorette and said out loud "I WAS THERE!" I miss Vomo everyday. Was it Wise that was giving Ashley the boat ride??? Looked like him.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:47 am

emusha wrote:
jcw2 wrote:

Yea, and you'd need the skill/dedication of an expert sleuther to find some of these tweets -- i get amazed how CC and others pull some of the tweets out esp cos they're not hash-tagged sometimes they don't even mention the show other times!

the opposite debate would be about false sightings of Roberto in Tampa (we even called the restaurant and nobody knew what the person was talking about -- but could be a matter of waitstaff not knowing who roberto is or mistaken sightings) ...and Roberto's twitter picture was the biggest clue we got last season...but still -- some of these tweets aren't even constructed in ways that they are easy to find in a twitter search...

What is posted on the boards is what goes into the tabloids. Most of the tabloid opinions are from the boards and RS. So by influencing the boards, it gets into the news, it generates interest and ratings. Fleiss is smart and this system has worked for several seasons.

Living

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 49 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Tweets/Facebook Sightings

+73
happyvalleygirl
Fleurdesel