SELECT CONTENT

Update on the *Possible* F1/F2 - Thread #2

Page 40 of 73 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 56 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update on the *Possible* F1/F2 - Thread #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Update on the *Possible* F1/F2 - Thread #2

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:05 am

northernviewer wrote:I think we can discern from how Ashley fell for Bentley, that when she falls, she falls hard and that she is very "focused" :giggle: Night one, from what we could see from the edit, she was attracted to Bentley, JP, Ryan and I think William. I think it quickley faded with Ryan and William, it "flamed" and then subsided with Bentley.... but JP was the slow burn that was constant throughout filming. I think that even if Bentley would have stayed, she would have eventually went with JP anyway as I think that eventually Bentley's nastiness would have shown through and even she would have seen it. I don't think the other guys were ever even considered by her and I think the guys picked up on that. Many are assuming that the reason the guys are leaving is because they weren't attracted to her, but I think it's more like she never lead them on enough for them to get in to deep and become heartbroken, so to speak.

Someone made a good point that they couldn't see Ashley moving to Utah to be the step-mother of a 2 year old and deal with his ex-wife in the picture (and Michelle Money...ugh). I stated before that Ashley definitely fell hard for Bentley in the beginning without thinking twice about it. I think she wanted this process to work so badly that she went in head first and later realized it was a dumb decision. Unfortunately, we may never know what charming words came out of the mouth of Bentley but whatever the hell it was.. boy did it work.

Back to top Go down

Update on the *Possible* F1/F2 - Thread #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Update on the *Possible* F1/F2 - Thread #2

Post by northernviewer Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:05 am

Bronwyn wrote:
anders wrote:Assumptions?? Are you kidding me??? She said right out of her own mouth when Bent was leaving her that she "saw the end, and he was there" - that she wanted it to be over tomorrow - has anyone forgotten episode 5 where she wouldn't shut up about Bentley?

I dont' know how anyone can think that MF created all the Bentley drama without the help of Ashley - we can't forget how she threw herself in bed and was 'broken hearted' and didn't know how she was going to carry on. He can splice and dice all he wants, but this show isn't animated he can't create something that was never there. He can certainly embellish it, and he did, but her fascination with Bent was real.

That throwing herself in bed scene just looked completely fake to me though. The whole time I was watching it when they were filming her from the back, there was no movement like there would be if someone was laying there sobbing. It looked like she was just laying there napping. If they finally hadn't shown her from the front wiping a tear or two, I would have thought that was exactly what she was doing. Taking a nap.

I think that throwing herself on her bed was more of a hissy-fit/temper tantrum than a broken heart, considering the time and circumstances surrounding her time with him and filming.
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by sgjsnow Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:07 am

noobsleuth wrote:
northernviewer wrote:I think we can discern from how Ashley fell for Bentley, that when she falls, she falls hard and that she is very "focused" :giggle: Night one, from what we could see from the edit, she was attracted to Bentley, JP, Ryan and I think William. I think it quickley faded with Ryan and William, it "flamed" and then subsided with Bentley.... but JP was the slow burn that was constant throughout filming. I think that even if Bentley would have stayed, she would have eventually went with JP anyway as I think that eventually Bentley's nastiness would have shown through and even she would have seen it. I don't think the other guys were ever even considered by her and I think the guys picked up on that. Many are assuming that the reason the guys are leaving is because they weren't attracted to her, but I think it's more like she never lead them on enough for them to get in to deep and become heartbroken, so to speak.

I agree... and when would have real life kicked in with picking Bentley? She came off so delusional. He has a daughter, he has an ex wife, I don't know what religion Ashley is but she drinks like a sailor so she's not a strict Mormon. I could never see her moving to Utah since all she wants is to be closer to her family. She would have regretted choosing him. I don't think she had any perspective when she was saying those things to Bentley or about Bentley. He was the forbidden fruit and that's all... IMO.

I agree, she obviously didn't think about it too hard based on the points you brought up. I am really surprised cause based on the ex wife, immediate step mom, have to move to Utah, religious differences, in my opinion he doesn't come off that cute/funny/exciting (fill-in the blank), and the fact that she was warned that his intentions were suspect makes no sense to me whatsoever that she even kept him past the first or second episode anyway. My take is either she was delusional, wanted what she couldn't have, or going along with some scripted plan, but I don't get it in the least. I do think at this point during the show she somewhat at least realizes that he is a crush that she has blown out of proportion and wants closure to move on. Who knows though maybe she was really just wanting him back on the show but I don't get that impression from her personally.

Last edited by sgjsnow on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
sgjsnow
sgjsnow

Female Posts : 377

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:10 am

northernviewer wrote:
Bronwyn wrote:
anders wrote:Assumptions?? Are you kidding me??? She said right out of her own mouth when Bent was leaving her that she "saw the end, and he was there" - that she wanted it to be over tomorrow - has anyone forgotten episode 5 where she wouldn't shut up about Bentley?

I dont' know how anyone can think that MF created all the Bentley drama without the help of Ashley - we can't forget how she threw herself in bed and was 'broken hearted' and didn't know how she was going to carry on. He can splice and dice all he wants, but this show isn't animated he can't create something that was never there. He can certainly embellish it, and he did, but her fascination with Bent was real.

That throwing herself in bed scene just looked completely fake to me though. The whole time I was watching it when they were filming her from the back, there was no movement like there would be if someone was laying there sobbing. It looked like she was just laying there napping. If they finally hadn't shown her from the front wiping a tear or two, I would have thought that was exactly what she was doing. Taking a nap.

I think that throwing herself on her bed was more of a hissy-fit/temper tantrum than a broken heart, considering the time and circumstances surrounding her time with him and filming.

And .... (I love dot, dot, dot) would you have uncovered your face if you were truly sobbing your heart out? Who in their right mind would have allowed the camera's to keep filming when you were having a serious emotional breakdown? Anyone? :gotcha:

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Update on the *Possible* F1/F2 - Thread #2 - Page 40 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:12 am

Ali? Deanna at the bar-b-que? Jill when Ed left?

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:12 am

sgjsnow wrote:
noobsleuth wrote:

I agree... and when would have real life kicked in with picking Bentley? She came off so delusional. He has a daughter, he has an ex wife, I don't know what religion Ashley is but she drinks like a sailor so she's not a strict Mormon. I could never see her moving to Utah since all she wants is to be closer to her family. She would have regretted choosing him. I don't think she had any perspective when she was saying those things to Bentley or about Bentley. He was the forbidden fruit and that's all... IMO.

I agree, she obviously didn't think about it too hard based on the points you brought up. I am really surprised cause based on the ex wife, immediate step mom, have to move to Utah, religious differences, in my opinion he does come off that cute/funny/exciting (fill-in the blank), and the fact that she was warned that his intentions were suspect makes no sense to me whatsoever that she even kept him past the first or second episode anyway. My take is either she was delusional, wanted what she couldn't have, or going along with some scripted plan, but I don't get it in the least. I do think at this point during the show she somewhat at least realizes that he is a crush that she has blown out of proportion and wants closure to move on. Who knows though maybe she was really just wanting him back on the show but I don't get that impression from her personally.

This may sound bad but the only scenario I can think of her wanting him to come back and re-enter the competition but knowing she would have picked JP regardless is just to dump Bentley later on in payback for Bentley leaving her. Isn't that why Ali was mostly humiliated about Frank because he dumped her first on her own show?

Back to top Go down

Post by cfck2222 Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:14 am

Bloomers wrote:We have to be realistic here no matter how much we like someone, and no matter we want to jump on his train and ride it into lah-lah land. He has a wonderful smile, but Ashley WAS saying those things about Bentley all along the way, and she is the one in episode 5 that wanted to be able to see Bentley again, but she couldn't quit thinking about BENTLEY and ...

I made this point last night in VO thread but I think it's relevant here so I'll repeat it. I watched back that particular scene and what struck me is that Ashley's emphasis seemed to be the trust issues that Bent's departure left her with and how she was afraid to fall for somebody because she was afraid he would leave her too. People have interpreted Ashley's comment as another pining away comment but watching it back, I thought it was actually a trust issues comment.

Here's a transcription of the VOs:

"My biggest fear is [shot goes from Ben F to Ames to Blake] I'm going to fall for somebody and they're not going to feel the same way and [cut to Ashley sitting down 1 on 1 with JP] I'm so scared that what happened with Bentley is going to happen again."
"I don't know! I want to be sure that it is a 2 way street"

[PI in more casual black outfit] "I like JP so much and I want him to know that what I feel for him is real and that I want him here. [VO] But I'm really scared to get hurt and the truth is, I'm still thinking about Bentley. I am, I can't lie about this. [PI from cocktail party] AGH. I need to stop, I need to stop thinking about this."

There's a more in depth analysis to done here to figure out what comes from when and there's obviously splice and dice here. But I think there's a real case to be made that whatever Ashley may or may not have felt when Bent left, her concern at this point in filming is somebody else she's falling for also leaving. I think there may be something to the theory that Ashley kept talking about Bent because she thought Bent was the deus ex machina to talk about trust issues and being scared to take a leap of faith, not because she was still pining away. She went from saying "thinking about Bentley" to saying she needed to "stop thinking about this" which to me says she was thinking about trust issues that arose from him leaving not him.
cfck2222
cfck2222

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:15 am

I dont' know anyone who enjoys getting dumped......

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:16 am

gurlbrit wrote:
northernviewer wrote:
Bronwyn wrote:

And .... (I love dot, dot, dot) would you have uncovered your face if you were truly sobbing your heart out? Who in their right mind would have allowed the camera's to keep filming when you were having a serious emotional breakdown? Anyone? :gotcha:

I don't think the crying was all about Bentley. It escalated her fears that this might not work when she put so much faith into it (IMO). She was worried more guys would drop. I would be terrified if I ended up with some horrible F1 after six weeks of this.

Don't the cameras follow you regardless.. even if you have a breakdown in say the bathroom, they want to see it. If it was me, I probably would have just let it all out. This show is such a mind-f**k but then again in my right mind I would never sign up for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:18 am

cfck2222 wrote:
Bloomers wrote:We have to be realistic here no matter how much we like someone, and no matter we want to jump on his train and ride it into lah-lah land. He has a wonderful smile, but Ashley WAS saying those things about Bentley all along the way, and she is the one in episode 5 that wanted to be able to see Bentley again, but she couldn't quit thinking about BENTLEY and ...

I made this point last night in VO thread but I think it's relevant here so I'll repeat it. I watched back that particular scene and what struck me is that Ashley's emphasis seemed to be the trust issues that Bent's departure left her with and how she was afraid to fall for somebody because she was afraid he would leave her too. People have interpreted Ashley's comment as another pining away comment but watching it back, I thought it was actually a trust issues comment.

"My biggest fear is [shot goes from Ben F to Ames to Blake] I'm going to fall for somebody and they're not going to feel the same way and [cut to Ashley sitting down 1 on 1 with JP] I'm so scared that what happened with Bentley is going to happen again."

[PI in more casual black outfit] "I like JP so much and I want him to know that what I feel for him is real and that I want him here. [VO] But I'm really scared to get hurt and the truth is, I'm still thinking about Bentley. I am, I can't lie about this. [PI from cocktail party] AGH. I need to stop, I need to stop thinking about this."

There's a more in depth analysis to done here to figure out what comes from when and there's obviously splice and dice here. But I think there's a real case to be made that whatever Ashley may or may not have felt when Bent left, her concern at this point in filming is somebody else she's falling for also leaving. I think there may be something to the theory that Ashley kept talking about Bent because she thought Bent was the deus ex machina to talk about trust issues and being scared to take a leap of faith, not because she was still pining away. She went from saying "thinking about Bentley" to saying she needed to "stop thinking about this" which to me says she was thinking about trust issues that arose from him leaving not him.

Majority of people assumed that this = him. They were probably just so happy for her to admit it was ridiculous to be "obsessed" with Bentley that they missed what the story was trying to tell. (JMO)

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:19 am

anders wrote:Ali? Deanna at the bar-b-que? Jill when Ed left?

I get teenage drama all the time, these ppl really need to grow a set LOL. I'm crying Uncle, you are so right and I stand corrected. Drama Queen Deanna at the BBQ and Ali on the floor of the hotel, how soon we forget.
bowdown

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Update on the *Possible* F1/F2 - Thread #2 - Page 40 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by chicagoowl Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:19 am

cfck2222 wrote:

Totally agree. You notice that when she's talking to JP and sitting on his lap, she asks him if he sees a future with her. I think she's starting to realize that she's developed feelings for JP and she's scared of him leaving too because she's starting to see a future with him.
chicagoowl
chicagoowl

Female Posts : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 73 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 56 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Update on the *Possible* F1/F2 - Thread #2

+100
skitts
momoftrips
mrsbatonmom
ryvetted
Shadow