SELECT CONTENT

Body Language Analysis - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Body Language Analysis - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Body Language Analysis - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Northstargirl Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:27 pm

relaxing wrote:
BarbB222 wrote:
asim wrote:I think (IMO) what was being implied is that Brooks was going through the motions, as of last blog, then Brooks says, he didn't care about the last two group roses, but he really wanted this one, as in NOW he is ALL IN.

I like it!

Me too!  I've been wondering what he meant when he talked about wanting the rose when he didn't before and he said "but now so much has changed and I really want it".  Even though the attraction and interest were there from the start, after several more interactions with her and seeing her interact with other guys maybe it clicked that he is, as you say, "all in".  (Love that expression.  It brings up fond memories of Gilmore Girls' if there are any other Luke-Lorelai fans out there).

I agree with what you are saying.  I also think there can be another interpretation of the bolded statement.  In epi 2 Brooks got the 1:1 date rose, so in epi 3 (dodgeball) he wuld have little expectation of it at as a possibility.  He was confident after the 1:1 that he would get a rose at the following week's rose ceremony.  By epi 4, Mr. America, the numbers are still in his favor.  He probably has few worries seeing himself, Bryden and Chris as front runners with plenty of RC roses to go around.  He has not seen the connection if any with James.  By epi 5, mtn snow date, the numbers of guys have dwindled, only 6 on the group date and so far all the 1:1's have received roses.  Now he has another amazing 1:1 time with Desiree in which she sends a clear message that she is into him by the way she grabbed him for a kiss.  Then he sees her making out with James and Brooks now sees another contender.  It probably does make him a little jealous, as it should if he feelings are real.  Realizing this, he now cares a great deal about getting that group date rose.  He wants another sign from her that she has feelings for him and he doesn't want to wait two more days for a RC to get that reassurance.   Not so much that his feelings have "changed" but that the circumstances have and he is now fully aware of how deep his feelings reach.  He's "all in". Thus he says, "but now so much has changed and I really want it". "It" being the group date rose specifically, not a rose in general. I think in he was mentally "in it" from the start, but it went to the next level at the group date.
Northstargirl
Northstargirl

Female Posts : 430

Back to top Go down

Body Language Analysis - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Body Language Analysis - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by BarbB222 Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:34 pm

All good thoughts. It's also why Des chose to give him the rose. She was in his position with Sean but he never gave her that GD Rose reassurance and she didn't want Brooks to feel like she did. Wondering and downhearted. Here's another thing, all the guys tried to cheer her up on that GD and express their feelings of being there for her. Choosing Brooks over what all of them said and did must have taken the wind out of their sails.
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:52 pm

BarbB222 wrote:All good thoughts. It's also why Des chose to give him the rose. She was in his position with Sean but he never gave her that GD Rose reassurance and she didn't want Brooks to feel like she did. Wondering and downhearted. Here's another thing, all the guys tried to cheer her up on that GD and express their feelings of being there for her. Choosing Brooks over what all of them said and did must have taken the wind out of their sails.

It sure took the wind out of James's sails. He was so sure he was going to get it by that smirk on his face. Then I think his PI after that showed his true colors about being upset not getting the rose then says he didn't need it.
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:01 pm

Northstargirl wrote:
relaxing wrote:
BarbB222 wrote:
asim wrote:I think (IMO) what was being implied is that Brooks was going through the motions, as of last blog, then Brooks says, he didn't care about the last two group roses, but he really wanted this one, as in NOW he is ALL IN.

I like it!

Me too!  I've been wondering what he meant when he talked about wanting the rose when he didn't before and he said "but now so much has changed and I really want it".  Even though the attraction and interest were there from the start, after several more interactions with her and seeing her interact with other guys maybe it clicked that he is, as you say, "all in".  (Love that expression.  It brings up fond memories of Gilmore Girls' if there are any other Luke-Lorelai fans out there).

I agree with what you are saying.  I also think there can be another interpretation of the bolded statement.  In epi 2 Brooks got the 1:1 date rose, so in epi 3 (dodgeball) he wuld have little expectation of it at as a possibility.  He was confident after the 1:1 that he would get a rose at the following week's rose ceremony.  By epi 4, Mr. America, the numbers are still in his favor.  He probably has few worries seeing himself, Bryden and Chris as front runners with plenty of RC roses to go around.  He has not seen the connection if any with James.  By epi 5, mtn snow date, the numbers of guys have dwindled, only 6 on the group date and so far all the 1:1's have received roses.  Now he has another amazing 1:1 time with Desiree in which she sends a clear message that she is into him by the way she grabbed him for a kiss.  Then he sees her making out with James and Brooks now sees another contender.  It probably does make him a little jealous, as it should if he feelings are real.  Realizing this, he now cares a great deal about getting that group date rose.  He wants another sign from her that she has feelings for him and he doesn't want to wait two more days for a RC to get that reassurance.   Not so much that his feelings have "changed" but that the circumstances have and he is now fully aware of how deep his feelings reach.  He's "all in". Thus he says, "but now so much has changed and I really want it".  "It" being the group date rose specifically, not a rose in general.   I think in he was mentally "in it" from the start,  but it went to the next level at the group date.

I love this. Good ideas. Especially the bolded part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:04 pm

BarbB222 wrote:All good thoughts. It's also why Des chose to give him the rose. She was in his position with Sean but he never gave her that GD Rose reassurance and she didn't want Brooks to feel like she did. Wondering and downhearted. Here's another thing, all the guys tried to cheer her up on that GD and express their feelings of being there for her. Choosing Brooks over what all of them said and did must have taken the wind out of their sails.

Totally. As was expressed, why in the heck did Brooks get the rose? He's nothing like me. I thought for sure I would get it. We had a good talk, good connection, good chemistry. Why Brooks? I also think it could be a little jealousy—why ALWAYS Brooks? He always gets the attention. Haven't they said that?

Can't say I blame her for giving him all the attention.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:07 pm

nannymargie wrote:

It sure took the wind out of James's sails.  He was so sure he was going to get it by that smirk on his face.  Then I think his PI after that showed his true colors about being upset not getting the rose then says he didn't need it.

He sounded full of animosity towards Brooks. He said his name with a little disgust. BTW, I love taking the wind out of blowhards' sails.

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:10 pm

canyonvue wrote:

Totally. As was expressed, why in the heck did Brooks get the rose? He's nothing like me. I thought for sure I would get it. We had a good talk, good connection, good chemistry. Why Brooks? I also think it could be a little jealousy—why ALWAYS Brooks? He always gets the attention. Haven't they said that?

Also did you'll hear what James said after she cancelled the RC to the guys? He was trying to tell the guys that they had a strong connection and other stuff to make the guys jealous. Wish I could remember exactly but anyway Drews face was priceless after he said it.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Why is it when you see they guys confronting James not being there for Des. You never see Brooks in any of these scenes. They only one was when Kasey, Drew and Chris were talking about it in the bedroom. But the real confrontation Brooks is never there.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:54 pm

nannymargie wrote:Why is it when you see they guys confronting James not being there for Des.  You never see Brooks in any of these scenes.  They only one was when Kasey, Drew and Chris were talking about it in the bedroom.  But the real confrontation Brooks is never there.
The confrontation did not even happen yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:56 pm

ZevirahWolf wrote:
nannymargie wrote:Why is it when you see they guys confronting James not being there for Des.  You never see Brooks in any of these scenes.  They only one was when Kasey, Drew and Chris were talking about it in the bedroom.  But the real confrontation Brooks is never there.
The confrontation did not even happen yet.

There have been previews shown and it's usually Drew that's confronting James. I know they are all there when James comes back though, but even then it's Drew and Chris talking in those.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:58 pm

nannymargie wrote:
canyonvue wrote:

Also did you'll hear what James said after she cancelled the RC to the guys?  He was trying to tell the guys that they had a strong connection and other stuff to make the guys jealous.  Wish I could remember exactly but anyway Drews face was priceless after he said it.

Yes. Bragging about their relationship. It's so funny. And the wind out of his sails yet again when he can't talk to her that night. Drew was pissed.

I love the part where James is bragging in the igloo and they show Brooks talking to someone, like, is this guy for real? And then looking back at James and smiling at him in disbelief.

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:03 pm

With James, it showed that he knew something was up, because why would he need to speak to Desiree first?

Did you guys see the tumblr pic preview that Desiree says 'He can go screw himself'? Whoa! Is that about James? I don't see her saying that about any of the other guys!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Body Language Analysis - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

+16
agentcurls
b
2observe
Judiful
loro