SELECT CONTENT

Body Language Analysis - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Body Language Analysis - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Body Language Analysis - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by clueless Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:06 am

canyonvue wrote:
misticia wrote:As requested, I watched all the previews TPTB, and I truly can't interprete what I get from the pier bench. I don't have enough material (to much close up) to give a valid reading of Des & BSG body language at this moment.  
Instead I propose to read the Brooks' body language when he wears the blue T-shirt.
My reading is excerpt from this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6bm6yhhy4Q
So first, (1:46) we see him hidding his face in his hands : this is a typical sign of embarassement or shame.
At 1:49, we see Des crying in front of Brooks with a hand on her frowned eyebrows : she is emotional, upset and trying to think about what's happening (this scene should be before the previous but I guess this is edited). Her eyes are closed : she doesn't want to see this...
1:53 : Brooks swaging with hands on his hips : hands on hips are normaly a sign on confidence (male alpha). In this case, the swaging shows also his nervousness (to be the male alpha ? Just an assumption).
2:09 : Brooks crossing his arms on his chest : he is trying to keep distance with someone (and also from the camera because he is turning away from it).
2:11 : left hand in the mouth when speaking : he wants to say something but he is restrained. Just after he throw away this hand away : he is angry (about himself obviously).
2:15 : in the limo, looking focused away : he is in deep thoughts. His faced face is lax (eyebrow, mouth) : he is in peace with himself now. Because of his eyes (puffiness), I would say he cried (a lot) but not anymore.

Interesting. :Smiley: 

Wow. Thank you. It certainly is an interesting read. My first impression of the what you refer to above was the same I just could not put it into words nearly as well as you. Where you saw embarassement or shame I interpreted as guilt and questioned that maybe Brooks had made contact with a past girlfriend to find closure so that he could move forward with Des (or she made contact with him) at some point during hometowns and it was brought to Des' attention prior to their date. Just speculation of course. I didn't see Brooks being confused about his feelings bringing so much drama so therefore I was looking for other situations that would result in the sc's shown of Brooks and Des.

clueless

Female Posts : 294

Back to top Go down

Body Language Analysis - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Body Language Analysis - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by misticia Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:36 am

clueless wrote:
canyonvue wrote:
misticia wrote:As requested, I watched all the previews TPTB, and I truly can't interprete what I get from the pier bench. I don't have enough material (to much close up) to give a valid reading of Des & BSG body language at this moment.  
Instead I propose to read the Brooks' body language when he wears the blue T-shirt.
My reading is excerpt from this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6bm6yhhy4Q
So first, (1:46) we see him hidding his face in his hands : this is a typical sign of embarassement or shame.
At 1:49, we see Des crying in front of Brooks with a hand on her frowned eyebrows : she is emotional, upset and trying to think about what's happening (this scene should be before the previous but I guess this is edited). Her eyes are closed : she doesn't want to see this...
1:53 : Brooks swaging with hands on his hips : hands on hips are normaly a sign on confidence (male alpha). In this case, the swaging shows also his nervousness (to be the male alpha ? Just an assumption).
2:09 : Brooks crossing his arms on his chest : he is trying to keep distance with someone (and also from the camera because he is turning away from it).
2:11 : left hand in the mouth when speaking : he wants to say something but he is restrained. Just after he throw away this hand away : he is angry (about himself obviously).
2:15 : in the limo, looking focused away : he is in deep thoughts. His faced face is lax (eyebrow, mouth) : he is in peace with himself now. Because of his eyes (puffiness), I would say he cried (a lot) but not anymore.

Interesting. :Smiley: 

Wow.  Thank you.  It certainly is an interesting read.  My first impression of the what you refer to above was the same I just could not put it into words nearly as well as you.  Where you saw embarassement or shame I interpreted as guilt and questioned that maybe Brooks had made contact with a past girlfriend to find closure so that he could move forward with Des (or she made contact with him) at some point during hometowns and it was brought to Des' attention prior to their date.  Just speculation of course.  I didn't see Brooks being confused about his feelings bringing so much drama so therefore I was looking for other situations that would result in the sc's shown of Brooks and Des.

I think shame can be an effect of feeling guilty. For a past girlfriend, I read somewhere that during the show contestants have no way of communication (they even don't have the right to read a book !). My best assumption about the shame is that he had a conversation with Des that didn't turn well. Maybe she questions him about his feelings and asks details about them, Brooks gives totally honest responses (for example "I'm not ready for comitement yet" or "If you choose me, I would like you to know I will not propose because I need time"). Then Des freaks out (insecurity from past relationships), she is devastated (the fairytale is falling down, The Bridal stylist will not design her wedding gown after the show). He may not anticipate how much he could hurt her and feels ashamed (which BTW shows that her feelings are important for him).

misticia

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:58 am

How did I not see your post previously ?

Thanks for typing that up.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by misticia Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:59 am

nd4reality wrote:

How did I not see your post previously ?

Thanks for typing that up.

You're welcome nd :Smiley: .

misticia

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:55 pm

The only way to really study the body language to see a connection is to watch the scenes with the sound off.

The editors use music and VO's plenty to lead the story. Meredith season was a prime example of that.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Body Language Analysis - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

+16
agentcurls
b
2observe
Judiful
loro