SELECT CONTENT

Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:22 pm

SLA44 wrote:
california90 wrote:
arcticjuice wrote:Was he the one who called out Ben for having his kid win Des' first rose impression (and implying that he is using his kid to advance in the game)? And because of this they had a confrontation which led to the 2-1 date where Ben was sent home. I have a gut feeling that the producer may have egged him on to confront Ben so there will be a little drama in there. (Honestly I had a bad impression of Ben when his friend tweeted that his ideal place would be third, F3.. its like he hasnt even met Des and he is already claiming his place)

I believe he can be amenable to what the producers want if he wants to be the Bachelor bad enough. I personally want my 'Bachelor' to have high profile profession. Being a trial lawyer is sexy as hell. I just hope he is not a douche.

I agree I hope he isn't a dbag either! And I can totally see the producers getting SOMEONE to do that. I feel like with so many dads on the show, I almost saw the "drama" coming. I feel like its not real drama but producer driven drama and last season we saw it happen to some of the dads.

I think if he wanted the gig (and its paid) that they could edit him right, he would get the gig.

My gut feeling is he is a dbag and I would not watch if he was the bachelor. I think he is full of himself and why does he need to go online to find dates if he is such a catch. The first thing that caught my attention about this guy as trouble was in one of the pictures from the dodge ball game and it looked like he was in an argument of some kind with Chris and Brooks. That did not give me a good impression of him and that was before he was identified. I am surprised he is still there and he feel he is another Vienna or Courtney. If he is such a great attorney what is he doing on this show? There is something not right here with me. no no

Yeah good point. It would be refreshing though if he is a lawyer and not a douche, not arrogant, just funny and down to earth. But there's still a slim chance that he is indeed a good guy. Tierra had a two on one too, with Jackie Parr? Ugh. He might be the producer's pick to bring in the drama.

Having said that, I really want a Bachelor who is well established in his professional life (just like the guys in Ready for Love) that always brings in the sexy for me.

Back to top Go down

Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by SLA44 Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:25 pm

[quote="tigertiz"]
b] But he's on the show for the same reason that everyone else is- from the ER doctor to the sales rep. They want the adventure, travel, a break from work, a chance to fall in love, some exposure on tv, and the possible future opportunities that it may lead to.
[/b]

I don't disagree with you on why most of these guys are there I was just giving my opinion of this one contestant and what my impression from the picture from the dodge ball game was. Until I see the guys in person and see how they behave, interact with each other and Des, I have no idea who might be a good candidate for the next bachelor. Pictures are one thing but actions are a whole different thing and very important on what they may be like as a person. So I would not even attempt to say so and so would make a good bachelor at this point in time. I do not have enough information yet and someone can look good on paper and be a total loser and I've seen that happen before. So this is JMO.

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:58 pm

I think we can be assured that TPTB will pick one of the fan favorites to be the next Bach. They will not pick someone that is, or they portrait to be a jerk. That would be like shooting themselves in the foot. They can't afford to have people "tune out" for a season if they want to keep the show on TV. Make sense?

yes

Last edited by Beeleever on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by Baseball Mom Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:33 pm

Beeleever wrote:I think we can be assured that TPTB will pick one of the fan favorites to be the next Bach. They will not pick someone that is, or they portrait to be a DB. That would be like shooting themselves in the foot. They can't afford to have people "tune out" for a season if they want to keep the show on TV. Make sense?

yes

makes absolute sense!!!

You say that you love rain but you open your umbrella when it rains. You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadowy spot when the sun shines. You say that you love the wind, but you close your window when the wind blows. This is why I am afraid when you say that you love me too. -unknown
Baseball Mom
Baseball Mom

Female Posts : 922

Back to top Go down

Post by jelle Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Can someone explain what a douche or dbag or DB is? What do they act like? What do they do? Same thing as a jerk?

Does it apply to girls also?

This old lady is curious and confused ..... and it is an awful word/description no no
jelle
jelle

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:07 pm

jelle wrote:Can someone explain what a douche or dbag or DB is? What do they act like? What do they do? Same thing as a jerk?

This old lady is curious and confused ..... and it is an awful word/description no no

Yeah, it means a guy that's a jerk. It's used for men and not women. They call women the b word.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:16 pm

jelle wrote:Can someone explain what a douche or dbag or DB is? What do they act like? What do they do? Same thing as a jerk?

douche- behavin like an idiot or in an embarrassing ridiculous manner, obnoxious bastard, as*hole

Sorry if its offensive but most reality tv stars behave like this after they experience a bit of fame/ or maybe just a d to begin with.

Back to top Go down

Post by jelle Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks. :Smiley: Language is so reflective of the speaker or the writer yes

Jerk? Okay, that works.
jelle
jelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:30 pm

jelle wrote:Thanks. :Smiley: Language is so reflective of the speaker or the writer yes

Jerk? Okay, that works.

That's not true or Jake Pavelka would have been a saint. It just means the writer has a vast vocabulary. bestbud! yes

Back to top Go down

Post by dflynn Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:04 pm

[quote="SLA44"]
tigertiz wrote:
b] But he's on the show for the same reason that everyone else is- from the ER doctor to the sales rep. They want the adventure, travel, a break from work, a chance to fall in love, some exposure on tv, and the possible future opportunities that it may lead to.
[/b]

I don't disagree with you on why most of these guys are there I was just giving my opinion of this one contestant and what my impression from the picture from the dodge ball game was. Until I see the guys in person and see how they behave, interact with each other and Des, I have no idea who might be a good candidate for the next bachelor. Pictures are one thing but actions are a whole different thing and very important on what they may be like as a person. So I would not even attempt to say so and so would make a good bachelor at this point in time. I do not have enough information yet and someone can look good on paper and be a total loser and I've seen that happen before. So this is JMO.

Very well said and I totally agree with you. I know what RS said about the situation with Brad and how opinions are forming based on that. However, it is very wrong in the details and was very quickly resolved. Wetpaint further made it sound like he stayed on the show even with the drama going on. Not at all how it was!! I am totally sure there will be people saying how could he, he must not be a good dad. So FAR from the truth. So I am really taking a step back with all that I read on the forum and waiting to make any opinions on the guys until we see them on TV. Then I really have to wonder even then if what we see is real or creative editing!! So SLA44 I respect what you are saying! I'm sure there are many of these guys who are stellar men in many ways and would make a great next Bachelor.

dflynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Hmmmm... I think I'm missing something here.

Until I watch Desiree's season, I can't make a call on the character, or personality, of any of these guys. Even then, the limited time, editing and circumstances only provide a glimpse into the lives of these people.
If a guy is incredibly accomplished and hash't married by the age of 32, doesn't mean he is a jerk in my eyes. He could have sacrificed his personal life in order to prioritize his education and career goals.

btw... I'm in college, and my guy just turned 31. He's just finishing his residency, and served in the US Air Force prior to med school. Can't say I'm complaining! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:33 pm

[quote="dflynn"]
SLA44 wrote:
tigertiz wrote:
[/b]

Very well said and I totally agree with you. I know what RS said about the situation with Brad and how opinions are forming based on that. However, it is very wrong in the details and was very quickly resolved. Wetpaint further made it sound like he stayed on the show even with the drama going on. Not at all how it was!! I am totally sure there will be people saying how could he, he must not be a good dad. So FAR from the truth. So I am really taking a step back with all that I read on the forum and waiting to make any opinions on the guys until we see them on TV. Then I really have to wonder even then if what we see is real or creative editing!! So SLA44 I respect what you are saying! I'm sure there are many of these guys who are stellar men in many ways and would make a great next Bachelor.

Thank you dflynn and I defended Brad on another board when someone was agreeing with RS and I don't even know him but any man that takes care of his son like Brad does is pretty high in my book. He was one of my favorites and I was sorry to see him eliminated but I hope it was he desire to go home because he wasn't feeling it for Des and he missed his adorable little son! I also hope he stays away from the bach bubble or whatever they call it because he deserves someone very good and I feel he will be better off finding her outside of the bach nation.

I do not know this Mike guy either but just have a bad vibe going on about him. I am trying to wait and see all the contestants and go from there. To me until we have seen them all and their personalities it is too early to be determining who would be a good bachelor and TPTB will not know who is a fan favorite until the show airs. They will of course edit to make who they like look good but I also try to see through their editing and make up my own mind.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

+44
DKWillis
pavalygurl
SafronSahara
black_tears
iamreal2u