SELECT CONTENT

Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by SLA44 Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Blieve-N-Lv wrote:Hmmmm... I think I'm missing something here.

Until I watch Desiree's season, I can't make a call on the character, or personality, of any of these guys. Even then, the limited time, editing and circumstances only provide a glimpse into the lives of these people.
If a guy is incredibly accomplished and hash't married by the age of 32, doesn't mean he is a jerk in my eyes. He could have sacrificed his personal life in order to prioritize his education and career goals.

btw... I'm in college, and my guy just turned 31. He's just finishing his residency, and served in the US Air Force prior to med school. Can't say I'm complaining! lol

I hope you did not misunderstand what I was trying to say about Mike, I don't think the age has anything to do with it. As you say some have put love and marriage on hold for personal reasons and/or careers. Also not having met the right person yet plays a big part in that also. I just think it is premature to say someone would be a great next bachelor because he is an attorney or has a high powered job, there is a lot more to a person than their profession. I had gone out with an attorney and believe me it only took one date and that was enough of that, but that does not mean I think all attorney's are jerks because I have friends that are attorneys and they are fine upstanding individuals. I was just stating my opinion on this particular candidate based on a gut feeling is all.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:59 pm

SLA44 wrote:
Blieve-N-Lv wrote:Hmmmm... I think I'm missing something here.

Until I watch Desiree's season, I can't make a call on the character, or personality, of any of these guys. Even then, the limited time, editing and circumstances only provide a glimpse into the lives of these people.
If a guy is incredibly accomplished and hash't married by the age of 32, doesn't mean he is a jerk in my eyes. He could have sacrificed his personal life in order to prioritize his education and career goals.

btw... I'm in college, and my guy just turned 31. He's just finishing his residency, and served in the US Air Force prior to med school. Can't say I'm complaining! laugh out loud

I hope you did not misunderstand what I was trying to say about Mike, I don't think the age has anything to do with it. As you say some have put love and marriage on hold for personal reasons and/or careers. Also not having met the right person yet plays a big part in that also. I just think it is premature to say someone would be a great next bachelor because he is an attorney or has a high powered job, there is a lot more to a person than their profession. I had gone out with an attorney and believe me it only took one date and that was enough of that, but that does not mean I think all attorney's are jerks because I have friends that are attorneys and they are fine upstanding individuals. I was just stating my opinion on this particular candidate based on a gut feeling is all.

I understand. bestbud! My comments were to no one in particular. I skimmed some of the latest comments, noticing that he was being called some colorful names. It seemed a bit harsh. He is somebodies son, brother, friend, etc. ;)
EX:
"My gut feeling is he is a dbag and I would not watch if he was the bachelor. I think he is full of himself and why does he need to go online to find dates if he is such a catch."

He could be a really nice guy... or, not. I don't know. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Glad to hear you have nothing against lawyers! I'm a law student of Critical Race Studies at UCLA. My goal is to help people, as a racial justice advocate. Smiley Hopefully, I won't be considered a "db". ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:05 pm

SLA44 wrote:

I just think it is premature to say someone would be a great next bachelor because he is an attorney or has a high powered job, there is a lot more to a person than their profession. I had gone out with an attorney and believe me it only took one date and that was enough of that, but that does not mean I think all attorney's are jerks because I have friends that are attorneys and they are fine upstanding individuals. I was just stating my opinion on this particular candidate based on a gut feeling is all.

I think all of us have a preference on what an ideal bachelor candidate may be. Mine is just I prefer it if he is educated and has a good career. A well established career at that. I have a thing for lawyers/doctors/firefighters/military men etc. My dad was a lawyer and he was respected for it. I certainly didn't say Mike GArofalo will be a good bachelor because of it. Its just my preference. Its certainly better than being a professional famewhore. Previous Bachelors certainly have great careers, its part of being a good catch.

There is also a lot more to the person that one's personal vibe of him, or how he looked like in a picture in a group.
Like for instance Brad, some people have a gut feel about Brad which is not very positive because of what they have read about him or about the mama drama that RS talked about. Each of us has a certain 'vibe' impression about someone. I don't know why another's person's vibe about a candidate is more valid than someone's opinion about lawyers, doctors, chemical engineers and such of being a good catch.

At the end of the day, one's gut feel about someone based on a picture is so hard to defend to others if people question that. Wes for instance during Jill season, he was edited so badly just because he wasnt feeling her, but he certainly is not a bad guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:18 pm

It's a bit premature to have a gut feel about anyone if they are a douche or not. We only have seen their pictures and an anonymous post in a blog. We don't even know if its true.

At least he has no children. IMHO its a red flag if a guy has kids and still arguing with the mom of his kid, in the middle of filming The Bachelorette. It's also a redflag if you want to drag your child in a reality tv show like a cute gimmick. Children should never be used like puppies to manipulate women. Its not a gut feel to me, its just being wise and being considerate. I have this unpopular opinion that people with kids should not be in any bachelor show. Its just too much at stake. I didn't mean for them not to find happiness. I just think you don't have to leave your kids and the mother of kids to find love on tv. Jason's shenanigans might have affected his son for all we know.

At the end of the day, you can be a dbag on tv but dragging your child/ children if you have any in your reality tv adventures is just selfish
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Baseball Mom wrote:
Beeleever wrote:I think we can be assured that TPTB will pick one of the fan favorites to be the next Bach. They will not pick someone that is, or they portrait to be a jerk. That would be like shooting themselves in the foot. They can't afford to have people "tune out" for a season if they want to keep the show on TV. Make sense?

yes

makes absolute sense!!!
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Well clearly I have offended some people so I will keep my opinions and feelings to myself. I am not the person that brought up dbag in the first place but was only responding with my opinion. I'm sorry to anyone that I may have offended and would delete my comments if I could. But since so many have copied them and bolded them that would be next to impossible. I have watched this franchise since the very first bachelor and I understand very well how this show works with all the editing and scripting so I will just wait and see how it all plays out. Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by SLA44 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by dflynn Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:49 pm

SLA44 wrote:Well clearly I have offended some people so I will keep my opinions and feelings to myself. I'm sorry to anyone that I may have offended and would delete my comments if I could.

I don't think you have said anything offensive. You stated an opinion in a way that was not demeaning IMO! I don't think you have anything to be sorry for.

dflynn

Back to top Go down

Post by MLRay Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:51 pm

charriotoffire wrote:It's a bit premature to have a gut feel about anyone if they are a douche or not. We only have seen their pictures and an anonymous post in a blog. We don't even know if its true.

At least he has no children. IMHO its a red flag if a guy has kids and still arguing with the mom of his kid, in the middle of filming The Bachelorette. It's also a redflag if you want to drag your child in a reality tv show like a cute gimmick. Children should never be used like puppies to manipulate women. Its not a gut feel to me, its just being wise and being considerate. I have this unpopular opinion that people with kids should not be in any bachelor show. Its just too much at stake. I didn't mean for them not to find happiness. I just think you don't have to leave your kids and the mother of kids to find love on tv. Jason's shenanigans might have affected his son for all we know.

At the end of the day, you can be a dbag on tv but dragging your child/ children if you have any in your reality tv adventures is just selfish

Well I thank God that when I was a single mother and had drama with my childrens Father for YEARS that it didnt raise "red flags" for my new husband. I sure would hate if someone judged me or my children like that because I couldnt control the drama on his end whether I liked it or not. And eight years later and still some drama on my end, I am happily married and my children have gained a wonderful, caring step father who treats my children as if they were his own. Never did he feel it was a "red flag" But of course had anyone not accepted my children, I wouldnt have dated them. Now that would be a selfish parent.

Team Brad [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MLRay
MLRay

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:56 pm

I'm glad we have single moms and dads on the show! It's a fact of life.

As for Mike, we shall see. I really don't think Desiree would go for a douche, but that's just me! giggling

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:11 pm

SLA44 wrote:Well clearly I have offended some people so I will keep my opinions and feelings to myself. I am not the person that brought up dbag in the first place but was only responding with my opinion. I'm sorry to anyone that I may have offended and would delete my comments if I could. But since so many have copied them and bolded them that would be next to impossible. I have watched this franchise since the very first bachelor and I understand very well how this show works with all the editing and scripting so I will just wait and see how it all plays out. Have a good day everyone.

I don't think you offended anyone. Certainly not me :Smiley:. Its just hard to communicate through this media. As someone say 'words is the worst form of communication. On my end, I was just clarifying that I just admire people that worked hard to get a certain career or profession but that doesn't mean I pegged him to be a good candidate already, then I qualified it with 'I hope he is not a douche'. Look at how one word messed it all up. We have the right to our own opinions and they have the right to challenge it I guess. bestbud!

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:32 pm

Glitch in communication always happens in the internets. No biggie. However, I feel towards Brad and single parents on the show what SLA44 felt with Mike. So its all subjective.

Well I thank God that when I was a single mother and had drama with my childrens Father for YEARS that it didnt raise "red flags" for my new husband. I sure would hate if someone judged me or my children like that because I couldnt control the drama on his end whether I liked it or not. And eight years later and still some drama on my end, I am happily married and my children have gained a wonderful, caring step father who treats my children as if they were his own. Never did he feel it was a "red flag" But of course had anyone not accepted my children, I wouldnt have dated them. Now that would be a selfish parent

I was just referring to single parents who are joining the show, and leaving their children for weeks on end to their parents' care or irresponsible exes. I know its a fact of life, but Reality TV is not real life. How can you concentrate on the woman who is dating several people already and thinking about if your kids are being taken care of etc. Its a red flag, if they have kids and is joining the show. In my humble opinion. Also, if it worked out you are gonna uproot your children to where the lead lives. Jason really really really lucked out with Molly, in my opinion. But the hate coming from media and fans probably bonded them together and made them determined to work it out. But I maintained that if you have kids and ex drama stay away from reality tv. That's not fair for everyone, specially for us audience.

Going back to Mike Garofola. Anyone in F5 will be considered for The Bachelor. I think he has a good chance as the next guy. Provided ofcourse if the producers and fans like him. But I personally would prefer (among the known candidates) Brooks or Chris.
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:35 pm

charriotoffire wrote:Glitch in communication always happens in the internets. No biggie. However, I feel towards Brad and single parents on the show what SLA44 felt with Mike. So its all subjective.

Well I thank God that when I was a single mother and had drama with my childrens Father for YEARS that it didnt raise "red flags" for my new husband. I sure would hate if someone judged me or my children like that because I couldnt control the drama on his end whether I liked it or not. And eight years later and still some drama on my end, I am happily married and my children have gained a wonderful, caring step father who treats my children as if they were his own. Never did he feel it was a "red flag" But of course had anyone not accepted my children, I wouldnt have dated them. Now that would be a selfish parent

I was just referring to single parents who are joining the show, and leaving their children for weeks on end to their parents' care or irresponsible exes. I know its a fact of life, but Reality TV is not real life. How can you concentrate on the woman who is dating several people already and thinking about if your kids are being taken care of etc. Its a red flag, if they have kids and is joining the show. In my humble opinion. Also, if it worked out you are gonna uproot your children to where the lead lives. Jason really really really lucked out with Molly, in my opinion. But the hate coming from media and fans probably bonded them together and made them determined to work it out. But I maintained that if you have kids and ex drama stay away from reality tv. That's not fair for everyone, specially for us audience.

Going back to Mike Garofola. Anyone in F5 will be considered for The Bachelor. I think he has a good chance as the next guy. Provided ofcourse if the producers and fans like him. But I personally would prefer (among the known candidates) Brooks or Chris.

I prefer them too!!

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

+44
DKWillis
pavalygurl
SafronSahara
black_tears
iamreal2u