SELECT CONTENT

Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by lcwilli3 Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:03 am

^ valid point... Isn't that part of why Chris L didn't become the Bachelor? Basically, his contractual demands were too much (proposal, contact with family, etc.)?

Though if Mike G signed his life away (so to speak) to be a contestant, then perhaps he doesn't care? I'm amazed when attorneys go on the show, given the crazy contract you have to sign.

lcwilli3

Back to top Go down

Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Beeleever Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:51 am

Besides the fact that choosing a contestant from the current season for the next lead gives them a huge fan base, it also gives them a chance to see who TBTP feel would "work" the best with them.

I don't think they will take their chances on a new lead ever again after Brad refused to go along with their "plan" and propose to DeeAnna...Despite the pressure they put on him and flying her dad out. I know I was in a group of very few that gave him credit for not "faking" it for the sake of the show.

Having said that, I can see them avoiding a lawyer if at all possible. I guess if they want Mike badly enough, they have been known to rewrite parts of the contract.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by JessLenox Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:21 am

Good points, everybody!

JessLenox

Back to top Go down

Post by DesFever Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:51 pm

I like the recycled contestants. You know them better. Plus the ones with new people aren't as emotionally invested. I also notice all the ones who got married out of this show: Trista, Jason, Ashley were all from a previous season.
DesFever
DesFever

Female Posts : 994

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Was he the one who called out Ben for having his kid win Des' first rose impression (and implying that he is using his kid to advance in the game)? And because of this they had a confrontation which led to the 2-1 date where Ben was sent home. I have a gut feeling that the producer may have egged him on to confront Ben so there will be a little drama in there. (Honestly I had a bad impression of Ben when his friend tweeted that his ideal place would be third, F3.. its like he hasnt even met Des and he is already claiming his place)

I believe he can be amenable to what the producers want if he wants to be the Bachelor bad enough. I personally want my 'Bachelor' to have high profile profession. Being a trial lawyer is sexy as hell. I just hope he is not a douche.

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:49 pm

arcticjuice wrote:Was he the one who called out Ben for having his kid win Des' first rose impression (and implying that he is using his kid to advance in the game)? And because of this they had a confrontation which led to the 2-1 date where Ben was sent home. I have a gut feeling that the producer may have egged him on to confront Ben so there will be a little drama in there. (Honestly I had a bad impression of Ben when his friend tweeted that his ideal place would be third, F3.. its like he hasnt even met Des and he is already claiming his place)

I believe he can be amenable to what the producers want if he wants to be the Bachelor bad enough. I personally want my 'Bachelor' to have high profile profession. Being a trial lawyer is sexy as hell. I just hope he is not a douche.

I agree I hope he isn't a dbag either! And I can totally see the producers getting SOMEONE to do that. I feel like with so many dads on the show, I almost saw the "drama" coming. I feel like its not real drama but producer driven drama and last season we saw it happen to some of the dads.

I think if he wanted the gig (and its paid) that they could edit him right, he would get the gig.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by lcwilli3 Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:55 pm

^^ that said, 2-on-1 dates are competitive. Only one person gets a rose. And as a trial lawyer, he must be very competitive... And smart/intuitive enough to know the right words/topics to use in that particular situation to "win" the date. (I HATE saying "win" in this context, but many Bach folks seem to see it that way.)

lcwilli3

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:57 pm

california90 wrote:
arcticjuice wrote:Was he the one who called out Ben for having his kid win Des' first rose impression (and implying that he is using his kid to advance in the game)? And because of this they had a confrontation which led to the 2-1 date where Ben was sent home. I have a gut feeling that the producer may have egged him on to confront Ben so there will be a little drama in there. (Honestly I had a bad impression of Ben when his friend tweeted that his ideal place would be third, F3.. its like he hasnt even met Des and he is already claiming his place)

I agree I hope he isn't a dbag either! And I can totally see the producers getting SOMEONE to do that. I feel like with so many dads on the show, I almost saw the "drama" coming. I feel like its not real drama but producer driven drama and last season we saw it happen to some of the dads.

I think if he wanted the gig (and its paid) that they could edit him right, he would get the gig.

My gut feeling is he is a dbag and I would not watch if he was the bachelor. I think he is full of himself and why does he need to go online to find dates if he is such a catch. The first thing that caught my attention about this guy as trouble was in one of the pictures from the dodge ball game and it looked like he was in an argument of some kind with Chris and Brooks. That did not give me a good impression of him and that was before he was identified. I am surprised he is still there and he feel he is another Vienna or Courtney. If he is such a great attorney what is he doing on this show? There is something not right here with me. no no

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by lcwilli3 Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:59 pm

Also, I think it's highly possible that a guy might get annoyed at another guy using his child to manipulate/emotionally sway Dez. IMO, seems a little exploitative, manipulative and LOW to bring your child on the first episode of a dating show like The Bachelor. I'd expect that on Burning Love! Seems way too early in the process.

lcwilli3

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Well, I like that Ben brought his son. I'd rather see one of the kids than a grandma any day! giggling

However, I can also get why one of the guys would be annoyed by it.

I don't know if he's a douche or not, but this show loves it's villians and loves to start drama.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:10 pm

I think he is full of himself and why does he need to go online to find dates if he is such a catch.
He probably does that for the same reason that other busy professionals do. Half the weddings I've been to in the last 3 years were of couples who met via dating websites. I have no idea if he is full of himself or not. I'm staying fairly neutral on these guys until I see them in action. But he's on the show for the same reason that everyone else is- from the ER doctor to the sales rep. They want the adventure, travel, a break from work, a chance to fall in love, some exposure on tv, and the possible future opportunities that it may lead to.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:15 pm

I also think that bringing the child on the show was producer driven just like having the ostrich egg on Emily's season and Travis admitted afterwards that it was the producer's idea and went along with it but thought is was a silly idea to begin with. I wouldn't be to hard on Ben on this one because we really don't know who's idea it was to begin with. I don't put anything past TPTB to create drama. Rolling Eyes

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Mike Garofola - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

+44
DKWillis
pavalygurl
SafronSahara
black_tears
iamreal2u